• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fuel for '24 GT

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Can I ask ethanol or not here?
US gas is diluted with up to 10% of alcohol...Less bang for the buck ! In mexico there is non of that sheet in Pemex and you get better mileage even if you go faster because no ethanol added...And yes I would run top tier gas because it has more additives that supposedly create less carbon deposits in a DI engine...
Sponsored

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
US gas is diluted with up to 10% of alcohol...Less bang for the buck ! In mexico there is non of that sheet in Pemex and you get better mileage even if you go faster because no ethanol added...And yes I would run top tier gas because it has more additives that supposedly create less carbon deposits in a DI engine...
Thank you!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
IMO, if it ain't Tier 1 gas, its just "ok" gas., which may be good for the DD clunker, but not for the stang or truck. Kinda like Bourbon...Jim Beam is pretty good for every day, but for special occasions.....gotta have some Blanton's Single Barrel or, if you can afford it....some Pappy.
Lagavulin 16 is my current favorite daily drinker. I'm more into the peaty, smokey Irish whiskeys and scotches from the Islay and Highland regions. Knappogue Castle, Teeling, and Highland Park are less expensive dailies. On those special occasions, you can't go wrong with a Johnnie Walker Blue or a 21 YO Highland Park.

S650 Mustang Fuel for '24 GT 1712253832134-9d

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Better brands of gas will leave less buildup on your valves/pistons because of the detergent/additives.

Also, many people have shown you get more knock with the cheaper brands of gas, even with 91/93. BMW, Corvette, Mustang, it seems like every forum has a thread about it. As much as the S650 loves to advance timing I would stick with the good stuff.

Whatever station you get gas from, do some data logging and if you see knock, try another brand of gas or two and compare for yourself. Then use whatever station gives you the gas with the least knock.

Reactions: Zig

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever station you get gas from, do some data logging ...
I'm not into racing or building, @robvas, but I see all the datalogging going on. What software is being used by most folks?

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I'm not into racing or building, @robvas, but I see all the datalogging going on. What software is being used by most folks?
You can use whatever software they have for your tuning device, you'll connect that to log

hptuners will be vcm scanner
sct will use livelink
(Haven't used whatever else is out there but I imagine it's the same)

You can download them for free

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Local chain 93 Oct gas here (Ingles markets) made my GT run like dog a$$.

But I can burn Murphy in a pinch and it runs great.

I try to stay with Shell or Exxon.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can use whatever software they have for your tuning device, you'll connect that to log

hptuners will be vcm scanner
sct will use livelink
(Haven't used whatever else is out there but I imagine it's the same)

You can download them for free
Ahh, gotcha. Thx.

The only tuning I ever did was flashing a canned tune from SCT to my '14 GT. I did that less than a few months before I sold it, so ...

EDIT: I do own a Mongoose Plus J2534 VIC that I use with FDRS to perform module updates on my F150 (and, in the future, the DH). I wonder if that works with any of this scanning software (for datalogging)?

OP
OP

TV963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT (On Order)
Better brands of gas will leave less buildup on your valves/pistons because of the detergent/additives.

Also, many people have shown you get more knock with the cheaper brands of gas, even with 91/93. BMW, Corvette, Mustang, it seems like every forum has a thread about it. As much as the S650 loves to advance timing I would stick with the good stuff.

Whatever station you get gas from, do some data logging and if you see knock, try another brand of gas or two and compare for yourself. Then use whatever station gives you the gas with the least knock.

Thanks robvas. Interesting and informative video.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I really doubt one could get good gas here in the desert with all the EPA junk they add.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Almost all modern engines with hunt for the knock limit and then back off the map a bit. It's a way of testing the gas in the tank and getting the most out of it.
Occasional knock detection is entirely normal. It's sustained knock that will end up in bad times.

Depending on the ecu manufacturer it can be a fixed timing offset from unicorn, or a whole set of ignition maps that it'll cycle through

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Local chain 93 Oct gas here (Ingles markets) made my GT run like dog a$$.

But I can burn Murphy in a pinch and it runs great.

I try to stay with Shell or Exxon.
I've run Ingles gas in my daily. No issues with those, but I've never run it in my Mustang. I try to stay away from all cheap gas when possible. Interesting the issues you've had.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I would likely assume that when we pick up our new S650 GT that's it filled with 87 octane from the dealership correct? I would be surprised if they filled it with 91 or 93.
Sponsored