• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front wheel poke more than rear

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I purchased '23 Mach 1 handling package wheels. 11" & 10.5" rims. 305/35 R19 on the rear 305/30 r19 on the front. it appears the front has more poke than the rear, although it probably just body difference. I'm thinking of a 1/4" spacer for the rear to make them closer to equal. What are your honest thoughts, leave it alone or spacers? Camber plays a roll in the back also i realize. It will have a Whipple whenever i receive it, so not sure on any spacer with the extra HP either.

S650 Mustang Front wheel poke more than rear Mustang 1

S650 Mustang Front wheel poke more than rear Mustang2
Sponsored

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's why the Mach 1 came with the front wheel lip moulding. You could order them from a Dark Horse the give you some extra coverage.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OP, do you have any other shots of the wheels on the car? I'm curious to see how they look on the car overall.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
That's why the Mach 1 came with the front wheel lip moulding. You could order them from a Dark Horse the give you some extra coverage.
The other pics I saw before didn't show that much, but I found pics where they do. I was confused, but figured out the other supplier other than Ford makes them where it doesn't have as much poke. Of course I figured that out after I installed them. Going to give the rear a little more poke with 1/2" spacer. I will run it as is, but if it still bothers me I will get the front milled down a 1/4" or so. Not really a fan of the lip moulding even though it makes sense.

Here is where I bought them Look below to the pics in the description. Obviously I got the Ford produced set. https://lmr.com/item/M1007KMACH1H/ford-performance-mustang-mach-1-handling-pack-wheel-kit

Last edited:
OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
OP, do you have any other shots of the wheels on the car? I'm curious to see how they look on the car overall.
I don't but I can take whatever view you want. Straight on looking at the side? Or whatever, just out in my shop.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't but I can take whatever view you want. Straight on looking at the side? Or whatever, just out in my shop.
Yeah, a straight side shot would be great! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Car is filthy, but here you go.

IMG_20240317_195309323_AE.jpg

IMG_20240317_195423276_AE.jpg
Those wheels look good on your black GT! If it were me, I would try to source some of the Dark Horse handling pack fender extender things and call it a day. I remember seeing a post with the part numbers on here recently, though one side is still really expensive, for whatever reason.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I saw the extender things and didn't like the look. Maybe it was a home brew thing, not sure on that. I will have to look harder I guess. I do love the looks of the wheels so they are staying on. Maybe it will grow on me the way it is or mill the fronts 1/4" or so. Maybe I can find the OEM flares and see what they look like. I'm still going to push the back out with 1/2" spacers to even it up a bit.
Sponsored