• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front bra

Freedom-Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013Mustang
does anyone know of a company making a front bra for a GT performance pack
Sponsored

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Are you talking about the faux leather bras or a clear decal type bra? Covercraft makes the faux leather (Lebra) for previous gens so they will probably have one for the S650 soon, though I haven't actually seen one on a Mustang since the 90's-early 2000's.

Davidm0604

Threads
Reaction score
I use Covercraft (Carbon Fiber Look) on my 1990 Thunderbird S/C, my 2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible and on my 2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Convertible. I had clear film applied to our 2019 Nautilus but I really dislike it. Hope Covercraft releases a new design for the 2024 Mustang GT I have on order. I won't use anyone else's product for front end protection.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
If you get one (not clear bra) be sure to take it off daily. It traps dirt and water and will degrade the paint/clearcoat over time. Even the clear bra's like Xpel, look great and protect the front, but once you go to remove it, years down the road, the paint will have barely changed but the unprotected paint will have faded some, leaving a noticeable line between the two.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
@RLE55 What you say could be true if you park outside and never in a garage. I had PPF on my 2011 for over 10 years and had it redone because of better product improvements like self healing. No difference in paint fading. I will say taking the old stuff off was a real pain. Car was always washed and paint sealed with UV wax protection.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
@RLE55 What you say could be true if you park outside and never in a garage. I had PPF on my 2011 for over 10 years and had it redone because of better product improvements like self healing. No difference in paint fading. I will say taking the old stuff off was a real pain. Car was always washed and paint sealed with UV wax protection.
Agree. Keeping car in garage vs. outside will deter the issue and yep, taking off the clear bra, especially after 7+ years being on, is a RPITA.
Sponsored