• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
no in a DIY sense. Or even an aftermarket one. Of course not.

considering he had to source parts from different automakers which aren’t precision fit nor meant to handle such power…

but for Ford to do this? Cake.
Ford can design the parts, ensure synergy, and boom. AWD Mustang thst addresses the only real drawback with any v8 powered Mustang since…ever.
It’s all if they want to. That’s the only barrier
Sure, as long as they can sell it for $85K. :cwl:
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 and we may have a deal
So add AWD but keep the price the same? Lol. Good one. The MSRP for the GT I originally ordered and spec'd out just like my DH was only a couple grand under that.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So add AWD but keep the price the same? Lol. Good one. The MSRP for the GT I originally ordered and spec'd out just like my DH was only a couple grand under that.
Would sell a million of them

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
Most of these people have to be trolling because there’s no way. 😂

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Because trolls don't understand finance.
...or drivetrain packaging. A mild hybrid system similar to the F150 powerboost where it's basically within the transmission plus a small battery is about all that's feasible within the current architecture of the S650.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Just the phrase “clean sheet” sounds like 5-10 BILLION in capex minimum…. I.e… not in this fiscal environment… not until EV investment becomes profitable at a minimum.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
It’s an S650 with the Dark Horse motor but extreme weight reduction… carbon fiber… rear seat delete … since lighter weight they will call it the Light Horse instead of Dark Horse 😂

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
It’s an S650 with the Dark Horse motor but extreme weight reduction… carbon fiber… rear seat delete … since lighter weight they will call it the Light Horse instead of Dark Horse 😂
R eally Dark Horse? 😂

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
...or drivetrain packaging. A mild hybrid system similar to the F150 powerboost where it's basically within the transmission plus a small battery is about all that's feasible within the current architecture of the S650.
Because trolls don't understand finance.
no need to broadcast your limitations. Or species for thst matter.

if some guy can modify his to AWD - using parts never meant for a Mustang, Ford can build it from the factory using designs specific to the application. And when the next mustang rolls around, it can be built on an AWD platform from the ground up. No reason not to.

people are so limited when there is no interest. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I can’t count the number of engineers in my circle who are of the “that’s the way it’s always done” mindset, afraid or resistant to attempt something new, innovative, possibly better. Simply because they do t have the passion for it, nor the vision. That’s how things die. It usually takes a competitor to do it and then they finally jump on board. But by then we’re ready to replace them with someone new who has some fire in them to make something great happen, because you got us beat by Billy Bob next door.

Do I expect Ford to intro an AWD s650? No. Ford is in safety-first mode. Not grand slam mode. Is it feasible? Yes. The only barrier is a willingness and passion.

at this stage, minus AWD, it’s difficult to get too excited even about a gt500 or Cobra s650, since we know it will just get best by cars with less power due to traction. The power and handling will be awesome. Acceleration from a stop will be challenging.

in 2003, Ford managed to produce a Mustang that outperformed the 2003 Corvette. love to see them regain that kind of fire.

turbo/hybrid/AWD ought to do it. Likely with s650? I’m going to say no. But not because it’s some impossible thing. Hopefully they quit messing around and aim beyond fences with the next one.
Sponsored

Last edited: