• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
This sounds amazing! Was this with the 23 ford racing x pipe ?

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Did you do the installation yourself? I am guessing you have to cut off the existing h pile?

OP
OP
JediMindTrix

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Did you do the installation yourself? I am guessing you have to cut off the existing h pile?
Correct, and yes, you would. It’s not really an H-pipe, technically. It’s more like a very large suitcase that muffles and restricts the sound. If you replace it with an actual H-Pipe and or X-Pipe then you will save some moderate weight and gain a more natural sound. Not to mention you will actually gain a little power not restricting the airflow- especially in this car.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
We can't do those things here unfortunately and if you do without papers, say goodbye to your car....

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Correct, and yes, you would. It’s not really an H-pipe, technically. It’s more like a very large suitcase that muffles and restricts the sound. If you replace it with an actual H-Pipe and or X-Pipe then you will save some moderate weight and gain a more natural sound. Not to mention you will actually gain a little power not restricting the airflow- especially in this car.
You'd also gain highway drone as well.

OP
OP
JediMindTrix

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure drone was the #1 complaint when installing an X or H pipe, but I could be mistaken.
Yeah, I don't doubt it for some. For sure a possibility depending on who does the install and which application you go with. That is part of the reason for the resonator in the first place but I can say, from experience, after driving the car for a week with and without the x-pipe I didn't experience a difference in dB or NVH.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, I don't doubt it for some. For sure a possibility depending on who does the install and which application you go with. That is part of the reason for the resonator in the first place, but I can say, from experience, After driving the car for a week with and without the x-pipe I didn't experience a difference in dB or NVH.
Good to know. I'm coming from an EV and am interested in an H-pipe so this is all new to me haha

OP
OP
JediMindTrix

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. I'm coming from an EV and am interested in an H-pipe so this is all new to me haha
H-pipe would be a good choice then to keep it as natural as possible and would be less likely to gain any drone! X-Pipe can be a little more raspy, can alter that note a little and definitely have those backdraft situations.
Sponsored