• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford/Lincoln ODB II Experts?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
An "open" door won't set a code, however the BCM does store any alarm events viewable as PIDs (lame mans terms "data") up to the last 4 events. I have no idea if Forscan can view these PIDs (I assume it can), but lower cost route.

Without being there, I'd assume a door latch (ajar switch is not serviced separate) or poor alarm wiring (dealer installed alarm - seen my fair share of bad wiring or shorted "modules"). We've been seeing some Fusions with mangled trunk wiring at the hinge too, and being as the Continental is on the same chassis, may be something to look at too. An easy test for a sticking ajar switch (sometimes) is have the key on, open and close each door a few times in quick succession, and keep an eye on the cluster for what door may be the culprit.
Your last sentence might be something I could try. However, the dealer decided to try fitting the car in yesterday. About an hour after dropping the car off, I started getting alerts on the LincolnWay app. After about ten, I called the dealer and asked if they were working on the car of if they had just parked it out back (in the sun) and locked it. The service manager didn't know. About ten minutes later the alerts stopped. I'm guessing they just unlocked the car.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I don't feel like there are many members on here who actually go through and read all previous posts/comments on a thread before they go and reply with their thought/solution, causing a mess of comments saying the same exact things.
Those are the same people who get all bent of shape when they don't do that and/or they fail to use the 'SEARCH' functionality to find that the question they are about to post has been asked and answered 7 times.

Sadly, these are the signs of our times: Laziness, expectation of instant gratification, and only willing to put in the least amount of effort yet get the most benefit, usually at someone else's expense.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Sadly, these are the signs of our times: Laziness, expectation of instant gratification, and only willing to put in the least amount of effort yet get the most benefit, usually at someone else's expense.
The microwave generations, when 30 seconds is too long but yet, not long enough.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
The microwave generations, when 30 seconds is too long but yet, not long enough.
That's my generation, i am 24 lol, I'm mature way beyond my years though. My life and upbringing set my mindset for the wrong generation. It's not a bad thing, it just sucks having no friends, or at least that aren't 10 years older than me, because I cannot stand or even blend into my generation. But no one my generation is even close to where I am in life, it's a blessing in disguise.

@roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Your last sentence might be something I could try. However, the dealer decided to try fitting the car in yesterday. About an hour after dropping the car off, I started getting alerts on the LincolnWay app. After about ten, I called the dealer and asked if they were working on the car of if they had just parked it out back (in the sun) and locked it. The service manager didn't know. About ten minutes later the alerts stopped. I'm guessing they just unlocked the car.
UPDATE:
Wednesday they worked on it. The alarm went off two times within an hour in the morning and not again.
Thursday (today) I called and asked for status. They found a bad right side passenger door latch (heat related) and replaced it. They put the car on their back lot, locked, to see if the alarm goes off again. It's 92 degrees now. Hopefully, I can pick up the car tomorrow (Friday).
Sponsored