• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Connect Services / Options?

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
This is my first Ford since the 90s. I am used to OnStar and I know Ford is very different. I see there is Ford Connect - for unlock, remote start, etc. Is that a subscription service or does that come with the vehicle and for how long? I also saw something about a connected GPS system with updates and traffic that may be subscription based? Searches online yield about any and every answer.

Anyway - do we know the options and services to expect for 2024?
Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I have a 2022 Expedition. This should be the same as the 2024 Mustang as both have sync 4. Most of the FordPass features are free, and it is actually a really cool app. You get lock/unlock, start/stop, honk/flash lights. any error/caution codes, Cars current location, alerts when time for service, It also has your account setting, service scheduling links, and many other things. Attached are several screenshots from the app. Hope this helps.

S650 Mustang Ford Connect Services / Options? FordPass

S650 Mustang Ford Connect Services / Options? FordPass1

S650 Mustang Ford Connect Services / Options? FordPass2

S650 Mustang Ford Connect Services / Options? FordPass3

S650 Mustang Ford Connect Services / Options? FordPass4

S650 Mustang Ford Connect Services / Options? FordPass5

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
That is pretty nice! What about map updates and such? Does Ford provide those or do you have to buy them? I saw something about a Connected Navigation Trial.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
That is pretty nice! What about map updates and such? Does Ford provide those or do you have to buy them? I saw something about a Connected Navigation Trial.
Ford Connect was the old system, no longer in use. Same goes for the Connected Navigation Trail. Map updates start off free and done over the air via wi-fi. I do not know what the number of free updates will be as Sync 4 is new to the Mustang. Updates to the Sync 4 system are always free. As far as FordPass the only option that was paid for on Sync 3 was in car wi-fi. All of the other features were free. Not sure about Sync 4.

https://www.ford.com/support/category/sync-and-technology/sync-4/

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Great Info. Thanks!!
Sponsored