• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drivers Door Squeak

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Look, I know it's a car and it's going to have noises. And it's meant to be driven and not pavement queen. Just between the rear bumper out of alignment and couple other minor things, it's like all I can think is what else am I going to get.

Not even 800 miles on it, and front door is squeaking opening and closing it. Normal? Maybe 50k miles plus, but can't even make it 800 miles without old squeaky noises?

And it's fine if not an issue. Like the typewriter tick, if y'all say it's good and no issues, I'm all good.

Anyone else?
Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
Ford is something else....

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Theres youtube videos about greasing the metal part that attaches to the door.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Look, I know it's a car and it's going to have noises. And it's meant to be driven and not pavement queen. Just between the rear bumper out of alignment and couple other minor things, it's like all I can think is what else am I going to get.

Not even 800 miles on it, and front door is squeaking opening and closing it. Normal? Maybe 50k miles plus, but can't even make it 800 miles without old squeaky noises?

And it's fine if not an issue. Like the typewriter tick, if y'all say it's good and no issues, I'm all good.

Anyone else?
The fact that you started your thread with all that defense, is a proof that there are so many toxic people out here on this forum.

It doesn't matter what the complaint is, there are always a handful of people who are defending the company instead of the costumer.

When you buy brand new car that is 60k and there are some defects and you decide to go on a forum and complain about your defects, the forum goes like this:

- My door is squeecking (it's a car. It can't be total silent)
- My panels are not well fit (it's not a 200k car, it's a mass produced vehicle)
- There is a vibrating sound in the dash (it's a mass produced car)
- My Sync 4 is stuttering (It's normal. Everything that is electric fails at one point.
- My windows are leaking (it's because it's not waterproof like a submarine, it's a car)
- I got blue smoke when starting (It's normal. It's because the Ford logo is blue. It's just marketing)
- My engine is falling apart (That's normal, it is not a Ferrari).

Ford Motor Company is also a member on this forum. They only react on pictures of new owners but they never react on issues or other questions.

But there are a handful of people over here who do react on all issues and complaints and it looks like they got paid by Ford to defend Ford at all costs.

I'm sorry man, that you feel the need to start a thread like that, but it is the reality over here.

1 complaint about your car and they will roast you and make it look like you are the problem.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Normal? No.
For this I wouldn't head to your dealer for, just do it yourself using some spray lube.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
The fact that you started your thread with all that defense, is a proof that there are so many toxic people out here on this forum.

It doesn't matter what the complaint is, there are always a handful of people who are defending the company instead of the costumer.

When you buy brand new car that is 60k and there are some defects and you decide to go on a forum and complain about your defects, the forum goes like this:

- My door is squeecking (it's a car. It can't be total silent)
- My panels are not well fit (it's not a 200k car, it's a mass produced vehicle)
- There is a vibrating sound in the dash (it's a mass produced car)
- My Sync 4 is stuttering (It's normal. Everything that is electric fails at one point.
- My windows are leaking (it's because it's not waterproof like a submarine, it's a car)
- I got blue smoke when starting (It's normal. It's because the Ford logo is blue. It's just marketing)

Ford Motor Company is also a member on this forum. They only react on pictures of new owners but they never react on issues or other questions.

But there are a handful of people over here who do react on all issues and complaints and it looks like they got paid by Ford to defend Ford at all costs.

I'm sorry man, that you feel the need to start a thread like that, but it is the reality over.

1 complaint about your car and they will roast you and make it look like you are the problem.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
LOL sadly you are so correct on this.
I love my old mustang but I complain about Ford's crappy quality all the time. I really try to be helpful in solving issues for others though. If I could get a Mustang built by Toyota, I would! ๐Ÿคฃ

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Definitely agree not normal, but can remedy this myself. Will definitely check that youtube video on this.

Well, I'm definitely starting to see and feel this topic of mass produced and going to have issues feeling........Guess I went into this (first time purchasing a Ford as Mustang GT has always been lingering as a "would be fun to have" car) with jaded thoughts that a $60k car wasn't going to have the issues being experienced.

And yeah, it is definitely frustrating when I'm trying to take care of a TSB issue, and can't even get dealerships to contact me back about scheduling/resolving the topic at all. I'm just going to have to go down to the collision center in person and ask for manager since my 3 calls have not warranted a single call back.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Some of the replies get a little aggressive, probably because people come in here asking questions that should be answered by going to the dealership.

Your door squeaks, your car is blowing blue smoke, your brakes are making a god awful noise..
Those are all questions that needs to be answered by dealership's service departments.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Some of the replies get a little aggressive, probably because people come in here asking questions that should be answered by going to the dealership.

Your door squeaks, your car is blowing blue smoke, your brakes are making a god awful noise..
Those are all questions that needs to be answered by dealership's service departments.
I came in here stating my car smoked. I never asked for anyone to diagnose my car. I did this to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I went to the dealer and my car is still at the dealer. I'm not an idiot, I didn't come here looking for advice on fixing the issue, I came to make others aware this may occur. My car was one of the early builds that went back for the "Valve issue". Not sure why you put my issue into your reply. I dealing with the ISSUE via the dealer as I should.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I came in here stating my car smoked. I never asked for anyone to diagnose my car. I did this to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I went to the dealer and my car is still at the dealer. I'm not an idiot, I didn't come here looking for advice on fixing the issue, I came to make others aware this may occur. My car was one of the early builds that went back for the "Valve issue". Not sure why you put my issue into your reply. I dealing with the ISSUE via the dealer as I should.
I didn't call you an idiot. I simply said that those topics are all dealership questions. Meaning, forum members can't offer much help. Im not sure what makes your issue so sensitive that you can't have anyone mention it.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I didn't call you an idiot. I simply said that those topics are all dealership questions. Meaning, forum members can't offer much help. Im not sure what makes your issue so sensitive that you can't have anyone mention it.
I never said you called me an idiot, I said I'm not an idiot and didn't come here looking for how to fix my smoking car on startup. I came to make others aware that may not be aware of the valve issue that was never detailed to what it was, but the Ford rep seems to think my car is part of that bunch.

You specifically stated these were issue for the dealer, no shit that's why my car is at the dealer and no one here had to suggest or advise me to take it.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I never said you called me an idiot, I said I'm not an idiot and didn't come here looking for how to fix my smoking car on startup. I came to make others aware that may not be aware of the valve issue that was never detailed to what it was, but the Ford rep seems to think my car is part of that bunch.

You specifically stated these were issue for the dealer, no shit that's why my car is at the dealer and no one here had to suggest or advise me to take it.

I said people disregard issues like yours because there is nothing they can do, and I listed your example as something that should go to the dealership. So whats your point?
The message wasn't even directed to you.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
This is one of those people I was talking about.

OP, I apologize for having people like him on this forum. This forum is to share our cars, our problems, our joys, our advice, our tricks, our feelings.

But some of the people have a horrible private life and want to ventilate it on somebody else, just because they thinks the question is stupid or because they drank coffee with salt.

Just an advice for people like RJV15:
If you can't add something to help, support or just to accept that not everybody is asking questions that you want to read on the forum? Scroll further or use the search button to find a thread that is for you.

You don't have to be a d*ck to everybody over here and tell them when they should ask a question and when they should not.
Sponsored

Last edited: