• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dreaded 45-day supply chain delay email

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Anyone else get this lately? I feel like I'm taking up a whole lot of space on the forum asking so many questions about the tracking, but it is so frustrating trying to get any clarity from Ford. It sure would be nice if they at least let us in on what the supply chain delay is for.... Last update I had gotten from the dealership almost a week ago was that it was at Trim Line Start, but then I got this email notice a few minutes ago. Seems a little contradictory to me, but maybe I misunderstood what Trim line start really means. Does anyone have any insight? Yesterday my dealer said the estimated ship date from Ford is now 11/8, but they have no ETA at all, so I don't have any confidence that the ship date is accurate. Are any of my options constrained right now as far as anyone is aware?

401A, PP, Magneride, gray racing stripes, AVE, Red brembo brakes, Recaro seats

S650 Mustang Dreaded 45-day supply chain delay email 1697680648211

S650 Mustang Dreaded 45-day supply chain delay email 1697680237052
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Itā€™s an automated email.
ford chat should give you the info you want. Looks like itā€™s already in the trim line, you just gotta wait.

as someone who waited almost two months for the car to arrive after being shipped. It will get there when it gets there, pretty much useless trying to get an exact date until itā€™s actually on the last trip heading to the dealership.

OP
OP

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Itā€™s an automated email.
ford chat should give you the info you want. Looks like itā€™s already in the trim line, you just gotta wait.

as someone who waited almost two months for the car to arrive after being shipped. It will get there when it gets there, pretty much useless trying to get an exact date until itā€™s actually on the last trip heading to the dealership.
Yeah, I was trying to get into the state of mind to not worry about the status from day to day, but the email got me stressed all over again! šŸ˜… I would have gone absolutely crazy if I had to wait 2 months after the car was shipped.

I also made the mistake of applying too early for my pre-approval for the loan and Iā€™m starting to worry that Iā€™m going to have to apply all over again and have more inquiries if the pre-approval expires before I get the car. But, in the grand scheme of things that is a relatively minor inconvenience.

mcrimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum, 2006 Honda S2000 - Sold
I got the same email. Iā€™m patient and donā€™t really have need for another car - but.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Anyone else get this lately? I feel like I'm taking up a whole lot of space on the forum asking so many questions about the tracking, but it is so frustrating trying to get any clarity from Ford. It sure would be nice if they at least let us in on what the supply chain delay is for.... Last update I had gotten from the dealership almost a week ago was that it was at Trim Line Start, but then I got this email notice a few minutes ago. Seems a little contradictory to me, but maybe I misunderstood what Trim line start really means. Does anyone have any insight? Yesterday my dealer said the estimated ship date from Ford is now 11/8, but they have no ETA at all, so I don't have any confidence that the ship date is accurate. Are any of my options constrained right now as far as anyone is aware?

401A, PP, Magneride, gray racing stripes, AVE, Red brembo brakes, Recaro seats

1697680648211.png

1697680237052.png
They did not even send me my last "45 day" love note. No Vin and not scheduled, ordered 3/27. You must get more patience

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
They did not even send me my last "45 day" love note. No Vin and not scheduled, ordered 3/27. You must get more patience
Same here no more e-mail updates from Ford I guess?! Everyone says they're automated????

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I got the same email. Car on the tracker says it's been in production since the 10th. Was wondering why it was taking this long to get it built. If it's not in production, then they should back it off then.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Got my letter a couple of weeks ago on a GT convertible that the tracker says has been in production since 9/20. No change since then. Ordered the car 7/27.
What's the consensus on the information that you get from Ford chat over the tracker?

OP
OP

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Got my letter a couple of weeks ago on a GT convertible that the tracker says has been in production since 9/20. No change since then. Ordered the car 7/27.
What's the consensus on the information that you get from Ford chat over the tracker?
Iā€™ve personally never gotten anything from Ford chat other than what is on the tracker. They simply send me some generic verbiage through chat, and refer me to my dealer for more details.

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
I'm retired Ford and my 24 was in the rail yard at N Platte Nebraska this morning. The tracker is useless. Very slow to update. For me the email is spotty. I have a friend still working at Ford and he has access to a program that has an up to date status of your car. This is by VIN. Your dealer also has the same program and can give you all that information. Since my car shipped the salesman keeps updating me of the location and when he thinks the dealership will get it. Call your salesman. That will get you the most accurate info.

OP
OP

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I'm retired Ford and my 24 was in the rail yard at N Platte Nebraska this morning. The tracker is useless. Very slow to update. For me the email is spotty. I have a friend still working at Ford and he has access to a program that has an up to date status of your car. This is by VIN. Your dealer also has the same program and can give you all that information. Since my car shipped the salesman keeps updating me of the location and when he thinks the dealership will get it. Call your salesman. That will get you the most accurate info.
Thanks. I just hate bugging my sales lady over and over. Last update she gave me was that it was scheduled to ship from the factory on 11/8. I guess Iā€™ll check with her again on 11/9. I asked today if anyone could tell me WHY it was delayed 3+ weeks and her guess was the strike. I assume that was just a wild guess on her part. I likely wonā€™t ever find out what delayed it.

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
I don't think the strike had anything to do with your delay. I'm thinking parts shortages. My car was listed as built on 09/15 and sent to Ramp 59 Dearborn Truck. It sat until the 26th when it was listed as cleared for shipping. It was not shipped until the 16th of October. Go figure.

OP
OP

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I don't think the strike had anything to do with your delay. I'm thinking parts shortages. My car was listed as built on 09/15 and sent to Ramp 59 Dearborn Truck. It sat until the 26th when it was listed as cleared for shipping. It was not shipped until the 16th of October. Go figure.
Yeah, agreed. I doubt the strike has affected Flat Rock at all. It was in final assembly a week ago so who knows. Iā€™ll ask again on 11/8ish and see what happens.
Sponsored