• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
SEE WHAT IT TAKES TO DEVELOP FORD'S GT3 ENDURANCE RACER IN MUSTANG ENDURANCE DOCUSERIES

DEC 15, 2023 | DEARBORN

As the Ford Performance team prepares for one of its most critical years in living memory, the Mustang GT3 team have been preparing for the first big race of 2024 – the Rolex 24 at Daytona. The cameras have had full access behind the scenes throughout to capture every element of testing and this documentary series is the result, titled ‘Mustang Endurance’.

Capturing the Drama and Dedication Required to go Racing Globally

From the rain of Sebring to the heat of Barcelona and from the North of England to the southern United States, the team developing the new Mustang GT3 have experienced it all as they prepare to get the new Mustang GT3 ready for its debut in January at the iconic Rolex 24 at Daytona.

In this 5-part series starting on December 15, we hear from all the key players such as Global Sports Car Manager, Kevin Groot and Multimatic Motorsports leader, Larry Holt – from the drivers and crews whose job it is to get the Mustang GT3 to the top of the timing charts to the engineers, designers, engine makers and technicians whose work is so crucial to make the magic happen. As part of this, Ford is chronicling the journey as a runner would prepare for a marathon - focusing on developing the body (chassis and aero), the heart (engine) and the mind (the people that make it all happen), where episode 5 will document our first Marathon - Rolex 24 at Daytona.

It does not all go smoothly though. There are some tough times to contend with along the way, but this documentary charts all the pieces of the jigsaw being bought together as the team race to be ready for the twice around the clock event in January at the iconic Daytona track.

“We go racing for many reasons, not least of which is to win important races and championships and to drive brand value back to our business," said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. "This is Mustang’s 60th anniversary in 2024, and I can think of no better way to celebrate this global performance icon than to put it to the test in the harshest environments. I am proud of the incredible team who have made this happen and this documentary celebrates their dedication and hard work to get us on the grid in January.”

Watch the first episode below.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Not interested…

until I know the important details such as:

0-60 time

1320 time

top speed

braking distance

Nurburgring/laguna/etc lap times

curb weight

RPM limit

it’s ridiculous to have a “here’s how we did it!” Video series when you don’t even know what the heck it is they did yet.

I’m a huge fan of this car. So glad Ford made it. Love the look. Don’t care much for the price, but that’s actually my point - at that price, this thing had better be honestly special. Not special “for a mustang,” but special as in c8 corvettes lose their bowels at the mention of its name, lambo, Ferrari, etc. shake in the rubber boots, and Tesla’s model s dreams of internal combustion when it grows up.

call me when that info is out and we can talk interest levels.

edit: I’m lame. I totally skipped the headline and thought this was about the GTD - instead of the race car.

So basically everything I said above is moot. But I’ll leave it here as a note to self to not take shortcuts when discussing things. Yay.

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Mustang Endurance | “The Heart” Ep. 2 | Ford Performance

Dive into Episode 2 of #MustangEndurance, where we reveal the intricate journey of the Mustang GT3's engine, from the block machining in Essex to its assembly at M-Sport. Witness the meticulous crafting and testing that embody 'The Heart' of this racing powerhouse. #BredtoRaceFP

Episode 3 coming January 5, 2024

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Endurance | “The Body” Ep. 3 | Ford Performance

Explore the craftsmanship behind the Mustang GT3 in Episode 3 of #MustangEndurance, "The Body."

From the initial Body in White at Flat Rock Assembly Plant to the final touches at Multimatic Motorsports, this episode delves into the aerodynamic design and carbon fiber artistry that define the Mustang GT3's competitive edge in endurance racing

Episode 4 coming January 12, 2024

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Aren't we gonna be able to watch this thing in action this month at the Rolex 24? I believe that race is in January. Can't wait.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Race is on the 27th-28th if you're tech illiterate you can watch it with ads on NBC or Peacock. If you're tech literate or you're outside the US you can watch flag to flag coverage at IMSA.tv

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Endurance | “The Countdown” Ep. 4 | Ford Performance

Episode 4 of #MustangEndurance offers a glimpse into the final preparations by our crew, engineers and drivers as the first race at Daytona nears.

Follow along as the factory team joins the IMSA pre-season test and ‘Balance of Performance’ evaluation ahead of the Roar Before the 24 and the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January

Episode 5 coming February 2

Tune into our first marathon The Rolex 24 at Daytona, January 27-28.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

Episode 4 of #MustangEndurance offers a glimpse into the final preparations by our crew, engineers and drivers as the first race at Daytona nears.

Follow along as the factory team joins the IMSA pre-season test and ‘Balance of Performance’ evaluation ahead of the Roar Before the 24 and the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January

I am truly looking forward to the races to see how GTD Mustangs are doing! With their rear axle transmission is interesting since it helps halve the weight front and back! Sometimes I wished that we have the rear transmission in our Dark Horse, imagine that balance in driving in it!! That’ll be awesome!
Sponsored