• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do all GT’s have Brembo breaks

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I just noticed that I have brembo breaks on my GT premium with the 401A package. I didn’t spec that option or have the Preformance pack and it doesn’t show an option for the brembos on my window sticker. Do all GT premiums have them then?
S650 Mustang Do all GT’s have Brembo breaks IMG_6034
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Is this a picture of your front or rear brakes?

Here are the tech specs for the 2024 lineup. Seems to me like the standard brakes must be Brembo considering the logo is right there. It's interesting that Brembo is explicitly called out for the front brakes but not the rear as optional.
S650 Mustang Do all GT’s have Brembo breaks 1693235165762

Last edited:
OP
OP
pranav820

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yea it’s a pic of the front breaks the back is regular i think. Is the last Collin the one for the GT premiums? And yea it’s weird cause it’s still an option for $1600 and I guess then it’s only to get the rear done then.

OP
OP
pranav820

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
This is what I saw that they were optional and standard was a 4 piston break in the front I also don’t have slotted or vented rotors.
S650 Mustang Do all GT’s have Brembo breaks IMG_6036

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Sorry I edited my post to include the model names.
1. It is spelt brakes not breaks.
2. Brembo is a manufacturer, they very well could be the caliper manufacturer for the standard 4 piston brakes.
3. The $1600 option takes you from 4 piston fronts to 6 piston fronts and single piston rears to 4 piston rears. The brake disc diameter, caliper size, and brake pad material are all enlarged/different than the standard brakes, both front and rear. Option also includes braided brake lines.
4. Now reading the specs, the front discs are 33% larger and rears only marginally larger. The brake force should be quite different though thanks to caliper force.

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Damn, that’s awesome the GT gets 4 piston Brembo’s stock. I bet with new pads and fluid you could track that without any issues.

OP
OP
pranav820

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
2. Brembo is a manufacturer, they very well could be the caliper manufacturer for the standard 4 piston brakes.
3. The $1600 option takes you from 4 piston fronts to 6 piston fronts and single piston rears to 4 piston rears. The brake disc diameter, caliper size, and brake pad material are all enlarged/different than the standard brakes, both front and rear. Option also includes braided brake lines.
4. Now reading the specs, the front discs are 33% larger and rears only marginally larger. The brake force should be quite different though thanks to caliper force.
Lmao didn’t even notice the spelling error 😂 but thanks for clearing that up. First time getting a GT so im still figuring out what’s normal or not.

OP
OP
pranav820

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Also is there any way to know or check if they are 4 piston or 6 piston?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
you have the 4 pistons pictured above, count the circles on each side (2 = 4 piston & 3 = 6 piston)

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Yes four piston brembos are standard on the GT. Six piston red are the optional.
Any chance you could post pictures of your front and rear wheels, a little further back so the whole wheel and tire are in the image? I'm really curious to see how the standard brakes look with those wheels. Thank you.

OP
OP
pranav820

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yes four piston brembos are standard on the GT. Six piston red are the optional.
Any chance you could post pictures of your front and rear wheels, a little further back so the whole wheel and tire are in the image? I'm really curious to see how the standard brakes look with those wheels. Thank you.
Yea definitely I’ll post a pic with I get back today.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
That looks really good, thanks for posting. Beautiful car. Can you do me one more favor and post a straight on pic of the front wheel and tire so I can get a good idea of how the brake caliper sits in there? (I'm needy LOL)

One weird thing I noticed from your photos is that the rear caliper is towards the back of the wheel. On the ones with the red brembo calipers it's placed towards the front. Can't figure out why they would be different?

S650 Mustang Do all GT’s have Brembo breaks 67712933_218210541190493_4874216545037474370_n-

OP
OP
pranav820

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
That looks really good, thanks for posting. Beautiful car. Can you do me one more favor and post a straight on pic of the front wheel and tire so I can get a good idea of how the brake caliper sits in there? (I'm needy LOL)

One weird thing I noticed from your photos is that the rear caliper is towards the back of the wheel. On the ones with the red brembo calipers it's placed towards the front. Can't figure out why they would be different?

67712933_218210541190493_4874216545037474370_n-jpg.jpg
Yea I’ll take one today and post it. And I think the one you posted is the Preformance pack cause I think I see the small drift brake on the rear. Maybe that’s why they have the Brembos towards the front ?
Sponsored