• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealerships near Dallas at MSRP??

PRosen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Anyone know of any Dealerships near the Dallas area that are selling at or below MSRP?

The only dealership I heard of selling at or below is Granger so far.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Anyone know of any Dealerships near the Dallas area that are selling at or below MSRP?

The only dealership I heard of selling at or below is Granger so far.
Yeah...sorry to say, you're not going to find one. DFW dealers are notorious for price gouging.

If you really want a S650 at/below MSRP, might as well prepare yourself to either ship it in or drive it back yourself from an out-of-state dealer (that's my plan).

OP
OP

PRosen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yeah...sorry to say, you're not going to find one. DFW dealers are notorious for price gouging.

If you really want a S650 at/below MSRP, might as well prepare yourself to either ship it in or drive it back yourself from an out-of-state dealer (that's my plan).
just not too stoked to pay an extra 6% of sales tax thatā€™s Why Iā€™m hoping and praying!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
You most likely won't pay taxes except to TX, even if you buy in another state. There are exceptions. For instance, here in MS buying from FL is non-reciprocal tax wise. FL collects their sales tax (and keeps it) and MS collects theirs too. But someone from FL buying is MS doesn't have the same problem.

Random7k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8, 2014 Ford Mustang
just not too stoked to pay an extra 6% of sales tax thatā€™s Why Iā€™m hoping and praying!
You'll have to pay the tax regardless if you're registering the car in Texas. The tax is 6.25% in Texas so even if you buy in a state that is say 3%, you'll owe 3.25% more to Texas.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
just not too stoked to pay an extra 6% of sales tax
Check with local, county offices where you live.

When I was considering an out-of-state purchase (NV-to-CO), I reached out to my DMV. They directly cited the law, provided me with forms, explained what I would pay and gave me options as to how to pay. It was good way to grease the skids.

I'm being very general, but no matter what route you take (no pun intended), I'd anticipate paying your current rate in TX, which is cool. I mean. No surprises.

FWIW, we pay 8.25% here. And I know we can't be the highest.
Sponsored

Last edited: