• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

De-Badging

rrbrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I would have loved to remove the fender 5.0 badges and put the darkhorse badge or one of those Coyote badges on the back end. Then realized I would have been upbadging with the DH and would have felt stupid telling people it's not a darkhorse every time I was asked.

Thought about painting them body color so they would blend in with the paint but wasn't convinced they wouldn't chip away over time. So ended up swapping them out to black and adding these inserts from tuffskinz.
20240214_172335.jpg
20240214_172357.jpg

I like it better, but not absolutely in love with it. I've searched high and low for other badges, but nothing "wows" me. I don't want wile e coyote silhouette's, not a fan. This will have to do for now. I've thought about the coyote plates in red, but that might be too much
Nice, do you know if there is an insert for the decimal in the 5.0 badge? My Mustang is Grabber Blue and I'm personally not a fan of how the red looks with the light blue paint.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nice, do you know if there is an insert for the decimal in the 5.0 badge? My Mustang is Grabber Blue and I'm personally not a fan of how the red looks with the light blue paint.
Yes, it comes with the dot insert. I left it off because my calipers are red. Little splashes of red to tie it in. Red dot in 5.0, red 5.0 valve stem covers. Yes, massive nerd here, I know.

Combinepilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Limited
Where we come from, a Dark Horse is a very rare car, and I’m told everyone knows of the DH from Social Media. Our first several months with the first DH in Western Canada, we were constantly approached and badgered at every available opportunity to discuss the car. Not a fan. So we changed the badges to GT….. & now people just say “nice car” & walk on by. Very pleased with our decision. Has anyone else debadged their DH yet?
41BE62C7-FD7B-4F3D-B404-75BA904EAEB0.jpeg

3A3A9C3E-57A2-421F-9D8D-3FE0D32D3704.jpeg
9DB34D7B-12D5-43CB-B4AA-6C8AF4281735.jpeg
1FC3BD79-D97F-4B09-BEFB-1085C702028B.jpeg
I too have a DH up here in western Canada and had an ordered late April DH delivered Nov. 3/23.
Sounds like you received yours earlier and had a chance to get yours out before winter set in. just being curious but what is your chassis #. Enjoy your new ride.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I’m just realizing that. I’m almost 50 and quit social media over a decade ago. This is/was new to me. I did many more mods yesterday but I shall refrain from posting. Thanks for the advice. Gonna let my account fizzle and fade. Adieu.
Mark & Jenn

After a few days of following this thread and seeing other mustangs this week, I must say I like the thought of de badging. It brings an element of mystery to your ride. "What is that?" would be running through peoples mind at a stop light or a cruisin. But that would probably draw more attraction.

Be that as it may, it is your car. If it is what you want, go for it. Not sure if you posted pics of the result, but please do. Congrats and have fun.

Lastalii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Where we come from, a Dark Horse is a very rare car, and I’m told everyone knows of the DH from Social Media. Our first several months with the first DH in Western Canada, we were constantly approached and badgered at every available opportunity to discuss the car. Not a fan. So we changed the badges to GT….. & now people just say “nice car” & walk on by. Very pleased with our decision. Has anyone else debadged their DH yet?
41BE62C7-FD7B-4F3D-B404-75BA904EAEB0.jpeg

3A3A9C3E-57A2-421F-9D8D-3FE0D32D3704.jpeg
9DB34D7B-12D5-43CB-B4AA-6C8AF4281735.jpeg
1FC3BD79-D97F-4B09-BEFB-1085C702028B.jpeg
That's something new to me. But I wouldn't remove them.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Mark & Jenn

After a few days of following this thread and seeing other mustangs this week, I must say I like the thought of de badging. It brings an element of mystery to your ride. "What is that?" would be running through peoples mind at a stop light or a cruisin. But that would probably draw more attraction.

Be that as it may, it is your car. If it is what you want, go for it. Not sure if you posted pics of the result, but please do. Congrats and have fun.
De-badging may have created a mystery for some.

Down-badging wouldn't.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
BMW guys will understand that I de-badged after a brief time in Germany and sort of re-badged in the US.
1000002882.jpg

1000002603.jpg

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mark &Jenn,
Every time I go to the BP to get fuel (last 4-5x) People are always asking about the car, touching the badge, asking if it's okay to take some pictures or something. Like road king said it's part of ownership. They do the same thing at the local Ford dealerships because they didn't get an allocation. So I'm saying I won't let anyone make me change them out. Spent way to much $$$ for that. Mine is Blue Ember and people literally tell me they love the color and the car and say I wish I could afford one.
20240517_163944.jpg

H8N_PPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium, 2020 RAM 2500 Mega Cab
Do you and be done with it. It's your money, your car and your time. It is still one sexy ride to me.

But funny enough, I have yet to see another Dark Horse in my area (San Antonio)...anywhere for that matter. And the only attention my car draws is from Challengers, Chargers, Camaros and the occasional BMW while I'm on the road. But they are looking for a race.

I am 59 years old and waited for this Mustang (in particular) before buying one. I wanted one that I knew these little punks would not be able to afford for a couple of years...you know, the youngin's that ruin the whole Mustang experience for most of us by being little A-Holes on the road.

Anyway, people need to sit behind their keyboards and voice their opinions of how THEY feel about what you did to YOUR ride good or bad.

...with a grain of salt friend!

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Yes, it comes with the dot insert. I left it off because my calipers are red. Little splashes of red to tie it in. Red dot in 5.0, red 5.0 valve stem covers. Yes, massive nerd here, I know.
Where would one get this red insert? I'm trying to add a bit of bronze to my stripe and little splashes of red too.

To the OP you do you, don't worry about the naysayers.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,