• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dashcam advice

wayzoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue Mustang
With the S650 having a USB port near the rear view mirror, does anyone know of a good quality USB powered dashcam?
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
With the S650 having a USB port near the rear view mirror, does anyone know of a good quality USB powered dashcam?
I have confirmed with the manufacturer that the Viofo A229 PRO 4K dash cam is USB powered (5 vdc @ 2Amps).

Lutotarek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6G
Personally i use the Mercylion OEM-Looking Dashcam. These sources can provide you with real-world experiences from other Wildtrak owners who have installed the dashcam. They can share insights into its performance, features, and how it might be used in accident situations.

Last edited:

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally i use the Mercylion OEM-Looking Dashcam. These sources can provide you with real-world experiences from other Wildtrak owners who have installed the dashcam. They can share insights into its performance, features, and how it might be used in accident situations.
Their website doesn't indicate for the 2024 Mustang.
It doesn't have a built-in GPS.
Does it run on 5 vdc or 12 vdc? There is a 5 vdc socket on the back of the rear view mirror housing.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
IMO, you should hardwire your dash cam if it has a parking mode. the USB port turns off after the vehicle is off for a bit

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO, you should hardwire your dash cam if it has a parking mode. the USB port turns off after the vehicle is off for a bit
Normally, if agree. However, my car will be garaged when not in use. One more parasitic drain on the battery hard wired. With all the battery issues I have been reading about on new vehicles, I don’t think an additional drain will be helpful.
EDIT: On second thought, I will probably buy the two camera unit in case I can run the cable from front to back isn’t too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Normally, if agree. However, my car will be garaged when not in use. One more parasitic drain on the battery hard wired. With all the battery issues I have been reading about on new vehicles, I don’t think an additional drain will be helpful.
Most hardware kits include the ablity to set it so, when the battery voltage reaches a certain point, it will shut off so your battery doesn't drain. I know the one for the Viofo A129 Pro Duo in my F150 is like that. I plan on ordering the Viofo A229 Pro 3CH for the DH, and will be hard wiring that, too.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most hardware kits include the ablity to set it so, when the battery voltage reaches a certain point, it will shut off so your battery doesn't drain. I know the one for the Viofo A129 Pro Duo in my F150 is like that. I plan on ordering the Viofo A229 Pro 3CH for the DH, and will be hard wiring that, too.
Well we agree on the same base model. I will be ordering the single camera model.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Well we agree on the same base model. I will be ordering the single camera model.
I have that model camera too. it has a little controller to change the minimum voltage before it shuts off
S650 Mustang dashcam advice 20240315_110507

Reactions: DCS

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Bare minimum, get the 2CH. You want to capture rear enders.
Sponsored