• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse vs Dark Horse Premium

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
People that don’t have it say you don’t need it and people that have it, says it’s a must have. Look at what it includes and see if it includes stuff you want, if does, then find/order one the way you want,

and yes, I have it and the Haneling Package and both wrec”must haves” for me.

IMG_5304.jpeg
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
People that don’t have it say you don’t need it and people that have it, says it’s a must have. Look at what it includes and see if it includes stuff you want, if does, then find/order one the way you want,

and yes, I have it and the Haneling Package and both wrec”must haves” for me.

IMG_5304.jpeg
There is a difference between a 'want' and a 'need', but many (most) folks don't understand the difference.

Then those same people who 'needed' something like the HP complain when whey have to replace $2,000 worth of tires after a few thousand miles of daily driving.

I say I don't need it because I don't need it. I'm not going to track the car. Why would I need it if I'm not going to track the car?

Sweet ride, @timd38 !

Last edited:

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
Want and need doesn't really apply to the Mustang for 99% of the people. Very few if any of us need a mustang to drive (not like we may need a pickup truck), we all buy them to enjoy, and the the handling pkg and other goodies adds to the enjoyment for most of us.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
All this talk about wants and needs is great, but at the end of the day, and two door car with a marginal backseat and trunk that holds 4 bags of groceries, is a want, not a need . I happen to have four wants and have two need vehicles and have no regrets.

Just my opinion, but I have been retired for 10 years with grown children and grandsons that love grandpa’s “race cars”!

IMG_4852.jpeg

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Want, need, regret - the OP was asking us but that's unique to each person. Regret you won't be able to tell until you choose a path.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want and need doesn't really apply to the Mustang for 99% of the people. Very few if any of us need a mustang to drive (not like we may need a pickup truck), we all buy them to enjoy, and the the handling pkg and other goodies adds to the enjoyment for most of us.
Many people own a Mustang as their only vehicle. As such, it is most certainly a need.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They need a vehicle, they want a Mustang.
So you can only "need" a Camry? GTFO. They need a car, they want DHHP. Focus. We are talking about options you WANT.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So you can only "need" a Camry? GTFO. They need a car, they want DHHP. Focus. We are talking about options you WANT.
Weren't you all about the GT you ordered like 3 weeks ago? You're all over the place man.

Yeah, I'm the one that needs to focus...🤡

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weren't you all about the GT you ordered like 3 weeks ago? You're all over the place man.

Yeah, I'm the one that needs to focus...🤡
"All about the GT"? Nope.

Can you link to any posts where I was saying the DH is overpriced and not worth the extra $ for what you get? Nope.

I'll wait here and focus on your next reply with those links.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Looks like my dealer who is offering MSRP is running a finance scam by charging 10% interest. When you put down 2/3’s of the value, no trade, and have a 800 credit score, 10% is a money grab. I can get 7.1 to 7.5 at any other dealer. Very disappointing.
Wow those are annual interest rates?! That’s crazy! I got it at 2.05%! Even though am on the opposite side of earth.
Never expected such rates in US!

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"All about the GT"? Nope.

Can you link to any posts where I was saying the DH is overpriced and not worth the extra $ for what you get? Nope.

I'll wait here and focus on your next reply with those links.
I didn't say anything about overpriced or worth it. I simply pointed out that a few weeks ago you ordered a GT and then bought a DH. I don't care what you think about how the cars compare. I simply suggested you are more than a bit scattered if you take the time to spec out and order a GT and days or weeks later buy something different.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't say anything about overpriced or worth it. I simply pointed out that a few weeks ago you ordered a GT and then bought a DH. I don't care what you think about how the cars compare. I simply suggested you are more than a bit scattered if you take the time to spec out and order a GT and days or weeks later buy something different.
You said I was "all about the GT". Placing an order while continuing to look for another car (GT or DH) I could buy now is not what I would describe as "all about the GT".

I was simply pointing out your inaccurate description of what I did.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You said I was "all about the GT". Placing an order while continuing to look for another car (GT or DH) I could buy now is not what I would describe as "all about the GT".

I was simply pointing out your inaccurate description of what I did.
Of course you were...
1000002574.jpg

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Found a great spec’d Dark Horse with handling package and normal seats, not Recaros but it’s not a premium. I don’t like the Recaros , and that’s critical. Worried I’ll regret that later. But it certainly seems 95% of the Dark Horses with premium have Recaros. Really my question is, will I regret not getting the premium.
I have a premium without Recaros. But I also didn’t want Recaros.
Sponsored