• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse poorly received??

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Shrinking market yes, but the last couple of years still saw almost 200k Charger, Challenger, Camaro and Mustangs sell. If it shrinks 50% that's still a pretty good number to draw from.
Sponsored

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
100%. 2LT with magneride and handling package is $86K-ish before haggling, $83K when you’re done. Much as I hate automatics, that would be a serious consideration if I was looking at a $75K DH.
Which is 100% what happened with my car and what I brought home. 2LT Z51 Magneride. I have zero complaints or regrets with it. I

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Charger/Challenger sold 120K units last year...I think Camaro was still at 30K...There is enough potential for conquest sales you would think as also the Corvette has vacated the premises of the working mans sports car moving upmarket with mid-engine and nicer interior going now for a realistic $100-166K...You'd think Ford had put a little more effort into it to win these people over !

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Funny how far the thread has moved away from the points the original poster made...I agreed with him 100% as the DH unfortunately is nothing more than a new name plus super sticky Pirellis plus additional mark-up on a already compared to SS1LE overpriced Mach 1...Ford could/should have done so much better but at least its the last car standing with a V8 and Tremec manual...Winner by default as Camaro/Challenger gone and the fake Ferrari from Kentucky has gone AARP-Auto only...LOL In that regard the DH is the winner by default ! Product planners at Ford knew that and thats why they did not have to do better and spend some money on a new car...Thats how I see it ! I dont like to buy used performance cars so if I would total my Challenger tomorrow I would probably buy a new DH over a new M2 even the M2 being more fun to drive because I would miss the emotion only a V8 can give you...Would I be happy with it ? Probably not because I would miss the Torque , dream of a lighter chassis that rotates into turns...LOL But I would love the V8 sound inside the cabin and rowing that 6 speed Tremec and dreaming about Recaros as comfortable as the ones in the 1LE...LOL 2.0
I am genuinely curious: A Mustang Dark Horse is too heavy at 4000 pounds but your Challenger isn't at 4300?

Last edited:

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
Which is 100% what happened with my car and what I brought home. 2LT Z51 Magneride. I have zero complaints or regrets with it. I
If car guys want to get pissed it shouldn't be at ford. They are not the company that built the next gen car only to option a DCT. I had the same issue as you and just went the other way. I'm not ready to give up three pedals.

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
Shrinking market yes, but the last couple of years still saw almost 200k Charger, Challenger, Camaro and Mustangs sell. If it shrinks 50% that's still a pretty good number to draw from.
He also thinks a car that takes 5 shifts to reach a 1:1 ratio is geared too tall. Who knows???

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
If car guys want to get pissed it shouldn't be at ford. They are not the company that built the next gen car only to option a DCT. I had the same issue as you and just went the other way. I'm not ready to give up three pedals.
I understand that completely. I miss my manuals sometimes. I wonder how long Ford will offer a manual considering the GT500 was DCT only also. No doubt the DCT or A10 is "faster" but it certainly is less engaging.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
A 1991 base GT 5.0 hatchback was ~$13K when I bought it new.
That would be ~$30K in 2024 dollars.
A 2024 Mustang GT Fastback starts at $41,960.
That's right about a 40% increase.

US average annual individual income in 1991 was $22,158.
That's $49,638 in 2023 dollars (most recent available data).
In 2023, it was $69,029.61.
That's right about a 40% increase.

Doesn't seem that far off to me.

I agree with Q6543 and his last statement.
Here attached are some 1978 MSRP prices from "Ford Times" magazine page to compare. One must note that quality and design of cars today is way better then those designed an sold in 1978.

1978_ford_cars.jpg

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Funny how far the thread has moved away from the points the original poster made...I agreed with him 100% as the DH unfortunately is nothing more than a new name plus super sticky Pirellis plus additional mark-up on a already compared to SS1LE overpriced Mach 1...Ford could/should have done so much better but at least its the last car standing with a V8 and Tremec manual...Winner by default as Camaro/Challenger gone and the fake Ferrari from Kentucky has gone AARP-Auto only...LOL In that regard the DH is the winner by default ! Product planners at Ford knew that and thats why they did not have to do better and spend some money on a new car...Thats how I see it ! I dont like to buy used performance cars so if I would total my Challenger tomorrow I would probably buy a new DH over a new M2 even the M2 being more fun to drive because I would miss the emotion only a V8 can give you...Would I be happy with it ? Probably not because I would miss the Torque , dream of a lighter chassis that rotates into turns...LOL But I would love the V8 sound inside the cabin and rowing that 6 speed Tremec and dreaming about Recaros as comfortable as the ones in the 1LE...LOL 2.0
Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Over and over and over.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Can you explain this to me? You are currently driving a Foxbody and wanting a new Mustang, but would consider an Eray (125k+) or a 200k+ supercar? Something doesn't add up.
i have a foxbody and bought my 24 GT last fall, I had my eye on mclaren’s and huracans while waiting for my s650.

however the lack of aftermarket support is starting to really piss me off…so now the E ray and Z06’are interesting to me as a new upgrade .… as well as huracan’s and mac’s as their prices have fallen more inline… I wouldn’t rule out a sub 200k 911 turbo S or GT3 either.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
i have a foxbody and bought my 24 GT last fall, I had my eye on mclaren’s and huracans while waiting for my s650.

however the lack of aftermarket support is starting to really piss me off…so now the E ray and Z06’are interesting to me as a new upgrade .… as well as huracan’s and mac’s as their prices have fallen more inline… I wouldn’t rule out a sub 200k 911 turbo S or GT3 either.
Got a printer, we can make some stuff? Nice to know that the little ole mustang is considered in such esteemed company.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
agreed...and I didn't realize you already had a 24 GT. Nice to have the option to consider those other cars as well :)
Sponsored