• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Manual Clutch Adjustment?

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
Hi everyone, I have the Dark Horse, Manual transmission and handling package.

I am hoping I can adjust when the clutch engages. (not sure what that is called)
For mine, when I let the clutch out, it only catches at the very top when releasing the pedal. So lifting my foot, it engages at the top.
The pedal itself has a fairly long push to the floor.
I am finding my entire leg has to lift up every time I shift.

Is there any way to adjust it so that it starts to engage earlier?

Feel free to correct my terminology. LOL

I appreciate any advice,

Thanks
Sponsored

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Thank you for asking. I have the same experience and I'm more used to it being lower for sure. Maybe at the middle is the highest I'd prefer, but this one seems even slightly higher than that.

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Yes. This is similar to the engagement point for my DH. It was very similar with my 2019 Shelby with the Tremec. I believe my Focus RS was high but not as high (been awhile)

Not sure about warranty if adjusted/changed.

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
Mine is the same, really difficult to drive smoothly.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm probably talking way over my head since I'm a noob to all this stuff. Would swapping out the clutch spring to a lighter weight one help with that? Guessing it's the same spring as the GT at 130lbs... I'm probably wrong though, haha.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I don't believe the clutch can be adjusted as it is hydraulic and uses the brake fluid that is connected to the brakes. The only way maybe making a change to the slave cylinder distance to the pressure plate. If it is not set correctly the clutch will not disengage. Setting must be correct.

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse and 2023 Mach-E GT
Not from the factory. Google Mustang Hydraulic Clutch adjuster and you'll find some aftermarket solutions. I swapped to the Steeda assist spring and it takes away some of the vagueness of the pedal but the engagement point is still near the top.
Sponsored