• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Collapsible spare - We're waiting Ford

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I haven't seen these before, and what a brilliant idea!

Would love to see an OEM or aftermarket solution that suits the Mustang bolt pattern AND accommodates the Brembos.

How A Collapsible Spare Tire Works, And How It Might Save The Spare Tire In EVs

Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I would settle for just a regular space saver option with the performance pack.

That inflator goo is worse than useless for all but the simplest punctures.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I am considering a full size tire to solve the problem. I keep stuff in the trunk but I think there is enough room for both. It's a little more complicated because the front and rear are different sizes. Now all I have to do is find a good tire dealer who knows exactly what I want.

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Would love to see an OEM or aftermarket solution that suits the Mustang bolt pattern AND accommodates the Brembos.

I am considering a full size tire to solve the problem. I keep stuff in the trunk but I think there is enough room for both. It's a little more complicated because the front and rear are different sizes. Now all I have to do is find a good tire dealer who knows exactly what I want.
there is always this option lol…

S650 Mustang Collapsible spare - We're waiting Ford IMG_1112

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Never seen one of these. Thanks for sharing.

Goblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
GM used those on some cars like Vega, Monza as well as Camero and Firebird. Old enough to remember them.

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I am kinda kicking myself for not getting the spare but we will see.

So let me ask this - if we don’t get the spare, do we even get a jack?

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I am kinda kicking myself for not getting the spare but we will see.

So let me ask this - if we don’t get the spare, do we even get a jack?
No. Without the spare option you just get the inflator with sealant. You can always get the factory spare kit from ford accessories. If you have the Brembo brakes you will need an alternative solution.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Waiting on my EcoBoost Premium Conv. I assume there is a spare tire well under the trunk? If so, anyone know if it'll fit a full size spare?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Waiting on my EcoBoost Premium Conv. I assume there is a spare tire well under the trunk? If so, anyone know if it'll fit a full size spare?
Ford has a spare tire kit you can buy with the jack and lug wrench. It will not fit cars with Brembo 6 piston brakes, but there is an aftermarket company that does offer a kit. It is about $150 more, so if the factory one works, for your application, you can save $150! Both fit in the spare tire well. Mine arrives tomorrow. https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.com/collections/mustang-gt-spare-tire-1

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford has a spare tire kit you can buy with the jack and lug wrench. It will not fit cars with Brembo 6 piston brakes, but there is an aftermarket company that does offer a kit. It is about $150 more, so if the factory one works, for your application, you can save $150! Both fit in the spare tire well. Mine arrives tomorrow. https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.com/collections/mustang-gt-spare-tire-1
Thanks. I am assuming though, like most dealers, they are cheaping out on the spare and it's not a true full size spare. I don't do limited spares. They are no good when you are on a long road trip. I want to get a full size wheel and tire, so I can worry about fixing the flat when I get home, not in the middle of a road trip.

Any info / pics you can post would be greatly appreciated, so I know if I can order the factory spare, or if I have to order a full size. I take delivery next week, so the earlier I can get the spare ordered the better.

Thanks in advanced.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I am assuming though, like most dealers, they are cheaping out on the spare and it's not a true full size spare. I don't do limited spares. They are no good when you are on a long road trip. I want to get a full size wheel and tire, so I can worry about fixing the flat when I get home, not in the middle of a road trip.

Any info / pics you can post would be greatly appreciated, so I know if I can order the factory spare, or if I have to order a full size. I take delivery next week, so the earlier I can get the spare ordered the better.

Thanks in advanced.
I have one in my S550. Full size won't fit, too tall. I have front Brembos, so I have to pout a rear on the front and the spare on the rear.
S650 Mustang Collapsible spare - We're waiting Ford 1693836757243

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars that go to Dubai have to have a spare tire, so if you have a Ford dealership that will work with you, there is a long tire hold down that will allow for a full size spare, keep in mind, that you end up with almost zero trunk space.
S650 Mustang Collapsible spare - We're waiting Ford 1693838014044

S650 Mustang Collapsible spare - We're waiting Ford 1693838091955

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one in my S550. Full size won't fit, too tall. I have front Brembos, so I have to pout a rear on the front and the spare on the rear.
1693836757243.jpeg
Thanks for the info and pictures. The Temp Spare actually doesn't look that bad. Do you know if it has a max speed or max milage?
Sponsored