• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clutch pedal noise

AntonioFB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2019
Hello everyone!
I'm Antonio, and I recently bought a used 2019 Ecoboost. Before purchasing it, I took it to a mechanic for a check-up, and they said everything was fine. However, a few days later, while driving in traffic, I noticed that it makes a strange noise when I quickly press the clutch pedal after accelerating a bit. It sounds like a metallic noise, almost like a spring, but I'm not sure. I have recorded a video that I hope can help. I apologize for the non-technical language or the direct message regarding this issue (I didn't see a page where I could introduce myself, as is usually the case in forums). I hope you can assist me because I'm quite concerne.
Thank you in advance!

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Hi Antonio,

Welcome to the Forums. Unfortunately, you're posting a problem related to the 6th generation (S550) of the Mustang. The Forum here primarily supports the 7th generation (S650).

While you might receive some feedback in these pages, you'll have better luck at the www.mustang6g.com site.

Best Thoughts in finding a solution to your problem.

OP
OP

AntonioFB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2019
I'm sorry, thank you for the hint!
I'll post my problem there.
Do iI need to delete this post?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Nah. It will eventually page out.

Take Care.

silex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hi guys.
I happened upon this old post by accident. I believe I am experiencing the same thing and this is the first example I have found online. I have recorded my sound for comparison.

The sound happens when I push the clutch pedal to the floor. I imagine that the twin clutch disks banging together but really can't figure it out. The clattering is sometimes more pronounced when I push the pedal super quickly.

I have taken it to the dealer a couple times and they say it is normal. Can anyone else with an S650 confirm this sound to be normal?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi guys.
I happened upon this old post by accident. I believe I am experiencing the same thing and this is the first example I have found online. I have recorded my sound for comparison.

The sound happens when I push the clutch pedal to the floor. I imagine that the twin clutch disks banging together but really can't figure it out. The clattering is sometimes more pronounced when I push the pedal super quickly.

I have taken it to the dealer a couple times and they say it is normal. Can anyone else with an S650 confirm this sound to be normal?
Hi there. This clutch pedal noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

silex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hi there. This clutch pedal noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
I provided that information last Friday regarding the other sound I have been hearing. I am waiting to hear back. Much appreciated!
Sponsored