• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cleaning rear window in convertible

Nosticks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eco Boost Convertible
Today I cleaned the rear window in my convertible. First time since new. After making sure I had everything I needed with me, I squeezed my 6' tall 220 lb. frame in the back seat. When finished, I thought i would need to call fire rescue to pry my ass out. I had put this task off long enough and am not looking toward the next time.
Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
LOL Nosticks.........I have had the same experience but it certainly is not as bad in a Vert as it is in a coupe.........I sold my 2014 car since I could never clean the huge back window...always looked terrible!!

In my convertible I use an extendable cleaner I got from Amazon....you can actually clean from outside with windows down!!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I've used the Invisible Glass extended wand for years, using a few different glass cleaners. It helps a lot.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Ha that's funny. Yeah I think us convertible folks have it a lot better than the coupe owners at least.

OP
OP
Nosticks

Nosticks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eco Boost Convertible
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into an extender.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
BTW.......I'm old and get cramps easily.........gettin' stuck in the back seat with cramps added to my "Convertible Decision"!!:like::like:

Good Luck Nosticks!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I've used the Invisible Glass extended wand for years, using a few different glass cleaners. It helps a lot.
How does the IG wand work for getting down to the bottom of the windshield and in those tight side corners? I was just out cleaning my windows and had a hard time just getting to those places which now look smeared.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We definitely have more room back there but it isn’t much. Thankfully the window only needs cleaned every few months for me

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
How does the IG wand work for getting down to the bottom of the windshield and in those tight side corners? I was just out cleaning my windows and had a hard time just getting to those places which now look smeared.
The IG wand and the pads have limits. I use the pointed end of the pad plate to get into the corners and sides where the glass meets the frame the best I can. In most cases its good enough for my taste. Back in the days when I was doing MCA Car Shows, I would crawl all over the inside of the cars to get to the littlest of spots. Those judges were picky.
Sponsored