• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Chris Stevens design sketches

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm assuming Chris Stevens (he designed the '18 refresh and '20 GT500) was still design lead for S650 judging by these images.

Now, I really like the look of S650 but, HOLY MOLY......this front end 😍

In the first image, I love the way the headlamps flow into the front fenders, much like the current GT500. Also, I feel this grille is more "classic" Mustang. The last 3 images are pretty much what was signed off for productions.

But, if we're lucky enough to get an S650 refresh, I'll take mine JUST like this!!

S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches S650 sketch 8
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches S650 sketch 7
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches S650 sketch 3
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches S650 sketch 4
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches S650 sketch 5
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I also really love these sketches. The s650 is gorgeous as is, but if the refreshed version used that rear end, you wouldn't hear any complaints from me.

S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches STEVENS_ideation_A

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I would have loved to have been in the room when they first revealed these sketches lmao.

"Hmmm, that rear three quarter view........ I've seen it somewhere.......but where?"

"Doesn't matter. We're the only game in town now".

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
The front end of the silver sketch is much better than the final version. The grille opening makes all the difference and helps the proportions.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
We can only hope some ideas from these sketches trickle down to the upcoming performance variants in 2-3 model years. If not 4-5 model year refresh?

kendrickdlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Marquis
This front end
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.05.24 AM

with this side profile that mimics the fighter-jet canopy of the Ford GT
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.11.28 AM

and this rear-end
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.12.59 AM

would have been my ideal S650. Obviously, the side profile would have been nigh impossible to execute on S550 bones and not going to a complete clean-sheet redesign, but still, one can dream 😅

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Sorry guys but I have to hardly disagree with you here. Of course extremely exaggerated proportions can look cool. But in the end they have to build a realistic car in terms of aerodnyamic, practical space, building the parts for a reasonable price, etc.

Of course you could reduce the complete headlight unit to a small slot with LED stripes, but somewhere has to sit the big LED headlight units. Just building a huge airpocket would be horrible for the aerodynamics, so the headlights have to sit on the outside of the car.

Same goes for the rear, why would you need these air vents coming from the rear wheels? It kinda looks cool as a drawing, but on a real car it just would be goofy as hell.

I am absolutely sure most people will start to love the car once they see it live. The pictures already hint at tons of lines that go missing in pictures but will look amazing in real life.

Just look at this screenshot from Doug DeMuros Mustang video, how much detail go into the rear lights. They are not just flat, but have some great 3d styling to it.
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches 1663263929232

Or this pic, it gives a good indication that across the doorhandle and on the edge of the rear the lines will stand out. Also the rear shoulders are much wider according to reports, I think it will be a big difference in real life to a S550. And from my personal experience, the Camaro is by measure a smaller car than the S550, but the hard edges makes it look so much wider. The real life difference between S550 and S650 will be amazing
They just need to paint that friggin plastic elements, I really don't get it that Ford can't do that on $50-60k models...
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches 1663264360980

Interesting mustang sedan sketch, I dig it.

IMG_20220915_090143.jpg
These are 100% the Ford Evos lines on the side and I'm really glad they didn't just copy that.
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches 1663263745059

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hey Ace, all good points but I live in a (semi) fantasy world when it comes to design :p

I guess my point with the headlamps in Chris Steven's render is that they are more "sunken" than the production version, and don't wrap around the side of the car. It one styling element I've always preferred on the Camaro.......so it could be done.

S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches Camaro

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Hey Ace, all good points but I live in a (semi) fantasy world when it comes to design :p
And then there's the babys who cry that they can't see out of the Camaro, because it comes with an sketch looking low roofline. But it seems like the sales proof them right 😁

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Sorry guys but I have to hardly disagree with you here. Of course extremely exaggerated proportions can look cool. But in the end they have to build a realistic car in terms of aerodnyamic, practical space, building the parts for a reasonable price, etc.

Of course you could reduce the complete headlight unit to a small slot with LED stripes, but somewhere has to sit the big LED headlight units. Just building a huge airpocket would be horrible for the aerodynamics, so the headlights have to sit on the outside of the car.

Same goes for the rear, why would you need these air vents coming from the rear wheels? It kinda looks cool as a drawing, but on a real car it just would be goofy as hell.

I am absolutely sure most people will start to love the car once they see it live. The pictures already hint at tons of lines that go missing in pictures but will look amazing in real life.

Just look at this screenshot from Doug DeMuros Mustang video, how much detail go into the rear lights. They are not just flat, but have some great 3d styling to it.
1663263929232.png

Or this pic, it gives a good indication that across the doorhandle and on the edge of the rear the lines will stand out. Also the rear shoulders are much wider according to reports, I think it will be a big difference in real life to a S550. And from my personal experience, the Camaro is by measure a smaller car than the S550, but the hard edges makes it look so much wider. The real life difference between S550 and S650 will be amazing
They just need to paint that friggin plastic elements, I really don't get it that Ford can't do that on $50-60k models...
1663264360980.png

These are 100% the Ford Evos lines on the side and I'm really glad they didn't just copy that.
1663263745059.png
Aside from that blacked out roof, I see little to no similarity between the two. A mustang sedan that looked like that would be incredible. Looks very classy, yet sporty.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
S650 Mustang Chris Stevens design sketches 1663279768057

I like this side view a lot. Reminds me a lot of the s550. Wish they would have stuck to this side design.