• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car value shock!!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Wait, you mean Biden won’t eliminate my debt if I ask nicely? Damn, student loans the person signed on that dotted line as well
Not sure where you are going with that?
Pretty sure all political figures don't care what happens to a person's car depreciation.
If you still like the car and have no intention of selling it right now, the value of it shouldn't even be something you consider.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
ignoring 2020-2023, when and what vehicles? Can you post the full buyers order? Point being they may well have inflated your trade to sign the deal. Doesn't mean it was an "honest" assessment that you'd get if you walked into Carmax or another dealer with no intention of buying anything in return.

There's all kinds of gymnastics being played on trade deals that are not present on sell deals. 10-15% loss more or less immediately is a safe and common scenario.
I'm an AZ Plan buyer. Zero games. Same dealership. Same salesman for all but a couple (he retired, now I buy from his son). They don't play games or inflate. I know most of the folks there, including the owners, like family. Almost 2 decades now @ that dealership alone. Plus many others before.

No offense, but I don't need to keep explaining myself to folks who likely haven't purchased many new vehicles. I am more well versed than most anyone you know.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
X-Plan here... First dealer, a HUGE Mustang dealer and recommended by the local Mustang clubs, accepted it no questions but proceeded to add on all kinds of crap like VIN etching, 'ceramic' coating etc so I bailed... Second dealer who I have purchased cars from before but is mainly a pickup/SUV dealers agreed to no add on crap, not mandatory financing and straight X-Plan price. Transaction took 15 minutes. Pickup was about 30 minutes as the salesman explained the car to me.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
My DH hasn’t really depreciated at all.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
how much did you pay, and how much did you sell it for?
I haven’t sold it, but when I look it up it’s only dropped like $600

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
There are many experts here. If anyone can top purchasing 68 new cars, please jump in. I have lost more money than I can count trading or selling with in a year or two. If someone can find a GT, white or silver, manual, PP, Act. Exh, for $4k or more off, please tell me where. I'm OK with flying or driving a rental to get it. The best I can do is $3k plus military.
I waited 3 months for an ordered car but it came 2 days ago damaged. On the hunt again. Thanks for an help.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
There are many experts here. If anyone can top purchasing 68 new cars, please jump in. I have lost more money than I can count trading or selling with in a year or two. If someone can find a GT, white or silver, manual, PP, Act. Exh, for $4k or more off, please tell me where. I'm OK with flying or driving a rental to get it. The best I can do is $3k plus military.
I waited 3 months for an ordered car but it came 2 days ago damaged. On the hunt again. Thanks for an help.
you asked your dealer to do a regional/coastal search?

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Out of curiosity I shipped my car around at CarMax, Dodge dealer and Chevrolet dealer. Pretty much $42k to $44k. I’m shocked this car has lost this much value
Yeah, the car is still too new, so they have nothing to compare it with right now. Also, when you drive off, you drop in value right away. I'm glad only paid 42k for my GT Base, my MSRP was 47k. Nice discount to start, which is key. After this year has gone, you will start to see the value of the 24 Mustang...they have to be on the road for a bit. I've never owned a Mustang, and this is my first one. But what I've learned before even buying, is they do not hold value unless it's a Shelby, GT350, etc. Those hold up pretty well.

When I bought my 2023 C8 Corvette, I paid 68k cash. It held great value, because I turned around 6 months later and sold it for 70k. Mustang DH I the one I'm curious about, because it's way overpriced for a Mustang. I wonder if it will hold value in the long run. GT, GT Premium, EcoBoost...those drop and never come back from what I'm seen. If you are selling it already, get ready to take a hit...or just keep until next year.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
The DH wont holds its value like the Mach 1 did not held its value…Why should they after all they are 5.0 GTs with additional oil coolers you need if you do track days and of course they have the Tremec that is better than the chinese Getrag…Besides that there is nothing special about these cars to make them hold their value…But I still have them over a GT350 because the Coyote sounds better and makes more power below 4000 rpm and is more reliable than the 5.2 flat plane crank Vodoo…

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Not even a year yet and already long term projections.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The DH wont holds its value like the Mach 1 did not held its value…Why should they after all they are 5.0 GTs with additional oil coolers you need if you do track days and of course they have the Tremec that is better than the chinese Getrag…Besides that there is nothing special about these cars to make them hold their value…But I still have them over a GT350 because the Coyote sounds better and makes more power below 4000 rpm and is more reliable than the 5.2 flat plane crank Vodoo…
In 2026 there will a Cobra, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, or Shelby version that will be much more of a measurable step up from the GT than the Dark Horse. That is certainly not going to help Dark Horse values.
Sponsored