• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car value shock!!

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
According to the Ford inventory site there are over 100 GT premiums within 75 miles of me. Almost all of the DMV dealers are starting at 5K off, some have already said 6-7 is possible. When the inventory is higher later this year I think 9k is coming. Ourisman in Manassas, VA was doing 15% just a month or two ago.
Sponsored

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
The good news is you bought something that will be in very limited supply, probably within 10 years. V8's are a dying breed and will go up in value. The supply will definitely go down, the demand won't (much), as this imposed scarcity is another government mandate.

To me, it's like niche guns or collector knives - I enjoy them and and typically watch them go up in value but don't have plans to sell.

Last edited:

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
Thats every domestic car right now. MyToyotas are holding value strong right now though, even made money when I traded my Tacoma in last month. Our Highlander has only dropped about 4k since we got it new in 2022.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Sorry for the sticker shock OP but c'mon $50k-$60k for a new Ford?
LOL I knew exactly what would happen with that kind of math. I'm surprised it has held that much value so far given the current environment. It is only going to get worse.

If you love the car then don't worry about the depreciation bath you are taking. The money was still 'worth' it to you when you bought the car. Sadly, lots of people are getting a rude awakening that depreciation is outpacing their payments and are underwater on the car note.
Purchasing the vehicle was a choice nobody forced one into. The buyer was the one that signed the dotted line.

Last edited:

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
That's how much the dealer will give you for it, not the value. If they give you $44k for it and sell it for $50-52k, it only lost $4k in value.

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
Out of curiosity I shipped my car around at CarMax, Dodge dealer and Chevrolet dealer. Pretty much $42k to $44k. I’m shocked this car has lost this much value
I feel your pain. I sold my car to Carmax for a substantial loss. Then, I bought another new one shortly afterwards. Very happy with what I have now. I just wish I did it the first time.🤪

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
on trades, dealers are 5-10k less than acv or mmr, but want msrp. its going to bite them hard! new car dealerships are struggling and killing every customer that walks in. The manufactures don't have the work force to pump out #'s.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The moment you drive the car off the lot it dropped 25% in value unless you buy a few exotics or a 911 GT3 or S/T....That the new car smell tax...LOL
Completely false.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm shocked it only lost that much. Used car values are dropping along with new car prices. Cars that had large ADM's are now below MSRP. That's why I'm hoping to get about 9k off of my Mustang purchase on a 60k MSRP.
AZ Plan (employee) on a $60K MSRP Mustang is right around $4K, and you expect $9K?

:cwl:

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AZ Plan (employee) on a $60K MSRP Mustang is right around $4K, and you expect $9K?

:cwl:
Did you not read what I posted. Most dealers in the DMV area are at 5k off right now. Several have told me 6-7k is possible. A month or two ago Ourisman in Manassas, VA was 15% off. How many new cars have you bought. I haven't bought a new car for less than 10% off ever, and don't plan on starting now.
:)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many new cars have you bought. I haven't bought a new car for less than 10% off ever, and don't plan on starting now.
:)
15 brand new Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles in the past 18 years, all at AZ Plan (employee/retiree) pricing except for the DH. Also a '16 Z06 and '16 ATS4, both at employee pricing.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you could have done better just negotiating price?
Just sayin.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you could have done better just negotiating price?
Just sayin.
There is no negotiation for Ford AZ Plan pricing. That's part of the plan rules. Just sayin.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. If your AZ plan only gets you 4K off. you can do better right now just walking in and taking the 5K off they are offering to everybody.
Sponsored