• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brand new convertible infested with gravel!

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
So we just got our new GT convertible home last night from the dealer. I started looking at things on the under chassis this evening (looking at the jack points....) and discovered that the there are two openings directly behind the both front wheels where the black plastic rocker moldings meet the wheel well and there is another very close to that as well just inboard. Im unclear if all models have this under chassi protection board but the convertible certainly does. So anything coming off the front wheels will be flung directly into these two openings. I literally removed piles of pee size and slightly larger gravel from both sides. CLEARLY this will be an issue for everyone with this protection board. We have 40 miles on the car on paved roads, there was 14 miles on the car that were put on the car in the transportation of the car from production to the dealership which our dealer assures us was not put on by them. The amount of gravel that I took out was frightening for a brand new car.

Has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
My delivery window just got pushed back (again) to 9/2 - 9/15 but I will definitely be on the lookout for this before I take delivery. Thanks for sharing!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
sticky tires = gravel getting thrown up

Its why I would be on the phone now talking to shops about PPF

My car- on the body panels in front of the rear tires - lots of chips from the front tires - I am the second owner and added PPF to stop it from getting worse

That and to protect the front end as well- hopefully they made the paint better then the S550 because every S550 I have owned gets rock chips if you look at it wrong

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
sticky tires = gravel getting thrown up

Its why I would be on the phone now talking to shops about PPF

My car- on the body panels in front of the rear tires - lots of chips from the front tires - I am the second owner and added PPF to stop it from getting worse

That and to protect the front end as well- hopefully they made the paint better then the S550 because every S550 I have owned gets rock chips if you look at it wrong
Did the 550 have the full length protection board with openings in the inner fender well directly behind the wheels?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the 550 have the full length protection board with openings in the inner fender well directly behind the wheels?
Not sure about S550 but this is pictures of behind front wheel on my 350... this thing collects rocks and gravel everywhere....

It's interesting because you would thing you would hear it going around corners...pebbles sliding around but I never hear it... could also be because exhaust is in track mode 100% of the time and I can't hear anything too lol

S650 Mustang Brand new convertible infested with gravel! 20230830_183226

S650 Mustang Brand new convertible infested with gravel! 20230830_183207

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS yes my car is dirty- have not cleaned it since I took it out last lol
Sponsored