• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Battery Tender

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I will use my dark horse in spurts, but when i dont use it, i want to put it on a battery tender. I read that these batteries are AGM high performance. I have a battery tender from Batter Tender (brand) the 12V 800mA one. It has 2 settings, lead acid and the Lithium Ion. I know i would need to use the Lead acid one, but giving the type of AGM HP battery, should i get a different tender or is this one okay to use.

https://www.batterytender.com/batte...electable-lead-acid-lithium-battery-charger_7

Also, the manual says something about dont drive the within 8 hours if charging the battery for a long period of time due to the battery sensor the car uses.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Look up the manual for your tender and see if it's designed for AGM batteries. Ones designed for batteries before AGM might age the battery by applying an excessive charge. I suspect your's will handle AGM as it's new enough to know about lithium batteries. They didn't start using them until after AGM came out.

OP
OP

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I have 3 Mustangs and a Corvette and they all get plugged in when I am not driving them.
1710708657691-am.jpg

1710708713331-r2.jpg
Nice setup!!! I have that charger too and the batter tender jr. just got my DH on friday (still have my original on order, but found one with same spec at dealer with no markup)

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Nice setup!!! I have that charger too and the batter tender jr. just got my DH on friday (still have my original on order, but found one with same spec at dealer with no markup)
I retired from a battery company, and the impact on battery life is huge by keeping the batteries on a maintainer.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD

GT-24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey,401A,Active Exhaust, Brembo,Auto
I have 3 Mustangs and a Corvette and they all get plugged in when I am not driving them.
1710708657691-am.jpg

1710708713331-r2.jpg
Would you please share the make and model of the battery charger shown?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
We've used NOCO units with zero issues. We store cars, trucks, SXS, ATV, and other vehicles over the winter in Michigan and during the warmer months when not using them.

These 1A units are relatively inexpensive, safe, and they work great for the intended purpose.

https://a.co/d/6EXkUdB

I install the 2A direct mount units on our off road vehicles so, no matter where I am, all I ever need is an extension cord.

https://a.co/d/6bb6fnf

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Spagettir101, I used the one with the Yellow Top battery since the OE battery is AGM and made for cycling. DH doesn't have start stop, but it has the same battery as the start stop vehicles. With proper maintenance, that battery should last a long time in just a starting application.

OP
OP

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Spagettir101, I used the one with the Yellow Top battery since the OE battery is AGM and made for cycling. DH doesn't have start stop, but it has the same battery as the start stop vehicles. With proper maintenance, that battery should last a long time in just a starting application.
cool yeah mine is an automatic and dont think it has the start/stop. I usually will start it once a week and let it run if i dont use it.

i will keep it on the yellow for now

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
@timd38 For your DH on the standard battery it comes with, did you put yours on Auto/Marine or Engine Starting? I have the same charger
cool yeah mine is an automatic and dont think it has the start/stop. I usually will start it once a week and let it run if i dont use it.

i will keep it on the yellow for now
Unsolicited .02 cents. I also use the same charger however since the car battery isn’t a red, blue, yellow top, I use the auto/marine. While the charger will read the agm state/status I didn’t want to assume the agm is the same as the optimized optima high performance blue, red, yellow top. Granted, most likely won’t make a difference since it’s supposed to be a smart multi stage charger blah blah fun stuff blah.
Sponsored