• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Battery Tender?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
This is the battery tender that I used!
S650 Mustang Battery Tender? IMG_2724
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I was under the impression you first connect the positive to the terminal, then the negative to a ground like on the strut tower, then plug in the charger? Just want to make sure I'm doing this right?
By convention and in some cases, necessity, it is Negative connection first.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
.8 Amp? That's going to take a while!
Yeah, I left it for three days and starts right up ever afterwards!

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
After three days, did it indicate a full charge (green)?
Yea, originally when I had picked up the car brand new! I drive it couple times then died on one day and went out and got this charger and left it on my battery for three days and that it was raining, that’s the reason I left it! Till it was nice, I took my car for a ride and it was good ever after! It works for me well!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
By convention and in some cases, necessity, it is Negative connection first.
Always connect negative cable last and disconnect it first.

If you connect the negative cable first, you risk creating an arc while attaching the positive cable if the wrench touches a grounded item on the vehicle.

If the negative cable is NOT connected, accidentally touching the wrench to the vehicle while connecting the positive cable will NOT create an arc, as the vehicle is not grounded when the negative cable is not attached.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If you connect the negative cable first, you risk creating an arc while attaching the positive cable if the wrench touches a grounded item on the vehicle.

If the negative cable is NOT connected, accidentally touching the wrench to the vehicle while connecting the positive cable will NOT create an arc, as the vehicle is not grounded when the negative cable is not attached.
I stand corrected.
I had to look it up!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos

I stand corrected.
I had to look it up!
OK thank you. I thought I saw positive first in the battery charger instructions. And key here, plug in the charger LAST

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
OK thank you. I thought I saw positive first in the battery charger instructions. And key here, plug in the charger LAST
Sorry, I was referring to connecting and disconnecting the terminals from the vehicle to the battery. However, I always connect the positive side of the charger first, then the negatives side - and in reverse order on disconnect.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Sorry, I was referring to connecting and disconnecting the terminals from the vehicle to the battery. However, I always connect the positive side of the charger first, then the negatives side - and in reverse order on disconnect.
Yeah I know. I was just adding that connect positive first, negative second, plug in charger third. Reverse order to disconnect.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
For any of you that have the Noco5 I have a question. I just purchased one and hooked it up today. Before I hooked it up I checke the battery and it was reading 12.63 volts. 6 hours later the charger read a 25% charge and it was at the same voltage? It doesn’t seem to be working, and I’ve triple checked everything. It’s clearly reading there is a battery because it’s on its red pulsing light at 25%? It’s on 12v AGM

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For any of you that have the Noco5 I have a question. I just purchased one and hooked it up today. Before I hooked it up I checke the battery and it was reading 12.63 volts. 6 hours later the charger read a 25% charge and it was at the same voltage? It doesn’t seem to be working, and I’ve triple checked everything. It’s clearly reading there is a battery because it’s on its red pulsing light at 25%? It’s on 12v AGM
Leave the charger on for a while. Mine took about 48 hours (not continuous) to go to green. A few times since I have put the charger on and it takes 4 hours to go from 25 to 100% (green).

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If I wanted to have to plug my car in to make it run I would have bought a Tesla.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I wanted to have to plug my car in to make it run I would have bought a Tesla.
This is just to get over the initial low battery charge issues.
Sponsored