• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base DH vs GT PP for occasional track days

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
So I currently have a GT 301A, 6 speed with PP, AE on order. With X plan it’s about 51.5k

I want to do a few track days a year. If I can get a base DH for MSRP (62k) that would be a 10k price delta.

I really like that the DH comes with coolers and Tremec. However the base DH still has skinny wheels and tires.

Anyone else having similar thoughts? 10k is definitely a lot of money and I’m not sure if it’s completely worth it or not.

Having a bulletproof and warrantied setup from the factory is very appealing however. I think that would be the biggest draw for me.
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
So I currently have a GT 301A, 6 speed with PP, AE on order. With X plan it’s about 51.5k

I want to do a few track days a year. If I can get a base DH for MSRP (62k) that would be a 10k price delta.

I really like that the DH comes with coolers and Tremec. However the base DH still has skinny wheels and tires.

Anyone else having similar thoughts? 10k is definitely a lot of money and I’m not sure if it’s completely worth it or not.

Having a bulletproof and warrantied setup from the factory is very appealing however. I think that would be the biggest draw for me.
Go DH if you are going to be doing track days -- there is a thread on here about someone all ready having problems 5 minutes into a track session with heat on their GT

Tires wont last that long anyways doing track days- excuse to upgrade

Or if you want to stay in that price range- Mach 1 or GT350 (just dont do 2016 GT350 tech package car)