• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks for the information and the pics. Always good to see the product after applied. I recently started using DIY Detail products and applied their 5 year coating. I will look into these products for our other suv. So far I’ve been impressed with DIY for ease of use and pricing. Time will tell on the coating. I wish I still had more than two vehicles. It was much easier to test products. However, finding the time was a pain.
The DIY range is excellent, loving Incredible Suds and the rinse-less wash.
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
The DIY range is excellent, loving Incredible Suds and the rinse-less wash.
Me too. I’ve been using quick beads as a drying aid, not sure on how I feel about it right now. When it’s empty I’ll try ceramic gloss and see how it does and hopefully it’ll bring a little more depth to the ceramic coating.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Me too. I’ve been using quick beads as a drying aid, not sure on how I feel about it right now. When it’s empty I’ll try ceramic gloss and see how it does and hopefully it’ll bring a little more depth to the ceramic coating.
I've sampled a selection of the DIY range, the only one I wasn't blown away with was the tire dressing, which is ok but not a standout.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-8046

Ceramic Gloss I like to use as a drying aid after using their rinse-less wash, both work very well together. Not quite as slick and glossy as the same process with P&S Absolute and Bead Maker, but still impressive.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-8479

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-8148

Interior Clean and Protect is nice too, it leaves a completely natural OE finish.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-8089

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I've sampled a selection of the DIY range, the only one I wasn't blown away with was the tire dressing, which is ok but not a standout.

IMG-8046.jpg

Ceramic Gloss I like to use as a drying aid after using their rinse-less wash, both work very well together. Not quite as slick and glossy as the same process with P&S Absolute and Bead Maker, but still impressive.

IMG-8479.jpg

IMG-8148.jpg

Interior Clean and Protect is nice too, it leaves a completely natural OE finish.

IMG-8089.jpg
I’ll definitely pick up some ceramic gloss. I use the rinseless wash sometimes when cleaning the mustang. Foam incredible suds, wash the rims and tires, spray the car off then go at it with rinseless. Sometimes I’ll foam again then use rinseless or I’ll mix rinseless with incredible suds. I like experimenting with different combos to see what happens.
Are you a fan of waterless washing? I’ve never tried it but have used them as a pretreatment for bugs. McKees seems to work well for that and ONR??? I haven’t tried diy waterless yet.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I’ll definitely pick up some ceramic gloss. I use the rinseless wash sometimes when cleaning the mustang. Foam incredible suds, wash the rims and tires, spray the car off then go at it with rinseless. Sometimes I’ll foam again then use rinseless or I’ll mix rinseless with incredible suds. I like experimenting with different combos to see what happens.
Are you a fan of waterless washing? I’ve never tried it but have used them as a pretreatment for bugs. McKees seems to work well for that and ONR??? I haven’t tried diy waterless yet.
Rinse-less washing has never been particularly popular in Australia, probably because we don't get the winter conditions that prevent washing outdoors. I'll be honest in saying that I was late to the rinse-less party, a lot of that due to my lack of education on the method.

It's taken me a bit to become confident in using rise-less, and I still think I prefer soap and water washing, but it's nice to have options. The key is knowing your comfort threshold. For me, I use rinse-less when I'm not dealing with road film or mud, more so if the car is dusty and warrants a clean but not to the extent of getting the buckets, soap and pressure washer out. With a fleet of garage queens, it kinda makes sense to have rinse-less in your rotation.

In terms of product, there are three main types -

Surfactant based - products like McKee's N-914 or DIY Rinse-less have a surfactant base and are said to "leave nothing behind", which I don't really subscribe to. Some believe these types of products clean better too.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_7411

Polymer based - I prefer these products as they tend to feel slicker and smoother across the paint. The argument against them is they leave a polymer film behind, but truthfully, I have never had any issue with that. Polymer rinse-less washes tend to encapsulate dirt better. In this case, I prefer P&S Absolute, but ONR is great too.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_6316

Wash & Protect - these are offered with polymer or surfactant bases, but these products have some form of wax or sealant properties within the formula. Opti-Coat No Rinse (or yellow ONR) is my favorite here for the scent and slickness, but Carpro ECH20 is brilliant for this too.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_8276

I also subscribe to the multiple towel method for rinse-less. In that I mean a towel (or sponge/mitt/pad) never re-enters the bucket, meaning you are not introducing dirt to the rinse-less solution, in turn adding safety. I also always pre-spray the car with rinse-less before starting. This video shows the method I follow using N-914 as the product.

This is a slightly different take on the same method -

Even if you don't do a lot of rinse-less washing, having at least one in your collection is well worth it as they can be extremely versatile. I use ONR and ECH20 mixed up at the water-less wash dilution to clean door jambs and engine bays, ONR is also a great interior detailer/duster. Finally, I also add N-914 to the windshield washer bottle at the water-less wash dilution. Some also use these products as a clay lubricant.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_7878

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Rinse-less washing has never been particularly popular in Australia, probably because we don't get the winter conditions that prevent washing outdoors. I'll be honest in saying that I was late to the rinse-less party, a lot of that due to my lack of education on the method.

It's taken me a bit to become confident in using rise-less, and I still think I prefer soap and water washing, but it's nice to have options. The key is knowing your comfort threshold. For me, I use rinse-less when I'm not dealing with road film or mud, more so if the car is dusty and warrants a clean but not to the extent of getting the buckets, soap and pressure washer out. With a fleet of garage queens, it kinda makes sense to have rinse-less in your rotation.

In terms of product, there are three main types -

Surfactant based - products like McKee's N-914 or DIY Rinse-less have a surfactant base and are said to "leave nothing behind", which I don't really subscribe to. Some believe these types of products clean better too.

IMG_7411.jpg

Polymer based - I prefer these products as they tend to feel slicker and smoother across the paint. The argument against them is they leave a polymer film behind, but truthfully, I have never had any issue with that. Polymer rinse-less washes tend to encapsulate dirt better. In this case, I prefer P&S Absolute, but ONR is great too.

IMG_6316.jpg

Wash & Protect - these are offered with polymer or surfactant bases, but these products have some form of wax or sealant properties within the formula. Opti-Coat No Rinse (or yellow ONR) is my favorite here for the scent and slickness, but Carpro ECH20 is brilliant for this too.

IMG_8276.jpg

I also subscribe to the multiple towel method for rinse-less. In that I mean a towel (or sponge/mitt/pad) never re-enters the bucket, meaning you are not introducing dirt to the rinse-less solution, in turn adding safety. I also always pre-spray the car with rinse-less before starting. This video shows the method I follow using N-914 as the product.

This is a slightly different take on the same method -

Even if you don't do a lot of rinse-less washing, having at least one in your collection is well worth it as they can be extremely versatile. I use ONR and ECH20 mixed up at the water-less wash dilution to clean door jambs and engine bays, ONR is also a great interior detailer/duster. Finally, I also add N-914 to the windshield washer bottle at the water-less wash dilution. Some also use these products as a clay lubricant.

IMG_7878.jpg
Much appreciated on the thorough posts. You have a ton of valuable information for people here and have a ton of experience.
Sponsored