• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ambient Lighting?

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Have they shown any photos with the Mycolor ambient lighting on? Curious if they stepped up the lighting design at all.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
don't quote me on this, but i think i remember hearing or reading somewhere that the ambient MyColor setting now affects all lights and not just ones like the footwell and door handle
take this with a grain of salt, especially with how we've only seen the standard blue so far, but if i can find that source, i will post it

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
found the source, Stangmode said it and the interior interaction design expert seemingly confirmed it
video and timestamp:
ignore the thumbnail, classic automotive Youtube clickbait

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
don't quote me on this, but i think i remember hearing or reading somewhere that the ambient MyColor setting now affects all lights and not just ones like the footwell and door handle
take this with a grain of salt, especially with how we've only seen the standard blue so far, but if i can find that source, i will post it
My Color already effects all interior lighting, including the gauge pack. The Sync 3 panel has its own color options, although very limited. I’d love to see My Color used for everything.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
My Color already effects all interior lighting, including the gauge pack. The Sync 3 panel has its own color options, although very limited. I’d love to see My Color used for everything.
in the video i linked above, Stangmode mentions the color of the light in the window switches and the Ford guy with him kinda confirms it, which means there's a solid chance the "ambient" setting will control the light-up buttons on the steering wheel and the like too
that or someone got confused

edit: apparently Stangmode has since removed the linked video, which is very interesting

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Mycolor does not work on your window switches on your door and also the backlight buttons on your steering wheel. They are always blue'ish.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I am actually a fan of ambient light. Shouldn't be as excessive as in a Mercedes, but I hope they step up the plate a bit higher for the new model, which would fit the more modern interior design.

I think I saw a picture somewhere which showed the standard lights like the foot area and door panel. I think since we have 2 big screens, the car itself will feel more bright from the inside anyway.
Sponsored