• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ambient lighting info?

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
So we already have tons of information about the S650 and people also ordered the car.

Does anybody know more about the ambient lighting on the new S650?

I really liked the ambient on the 2018+ but there was just 1 flaw that I wish they have improved this on the new model.

When chosing a color in mycolor, every color inside the car changes, except for the steering button lights, Automatic light knob/switch, windowbutton lights and some other small lights.

These lights for some reason Ford chose to not change it with mycolor and always stay blue/green.

Something in my body tells me Ford did not give attention to this again on the S650.

Please prove me wrong!
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
My bet for no change. My 2011 Mycolor buttons stay green/blue no matter what. So the change to what you would like would be low. Having it change color would be cool though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This was answered years ago. The lights being used in these areas were not available for multi color use. Highly doubt any change was made for the S650.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
This was answered years ago. The lights being used in these areas were not available for multi color use. Highly doubt any change was made for the S650.
So information on the ambient light for the S650 Mustang was answered years ago?

By who? You have any link on the official answer to this question?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So information on the ambient light for the S650 Mustang was answered years ago?

By who? You have any link on the official answer to this question?
My reply about past answers was in regards to the S550. Do a search if you want to find it as it was years ago. I would like them to change it on the S650 but based on what theyā€™ve done in the past I doubt it.
I really liked the ambient on the 2018+ but there was just 1 flaw that I wish they have improved this on the new model.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
My reply about past answers was in regards to the S550. Do a search if you want to find it as it was years ago. I would like them to change it on the S650 but based on what theyā€™ve done in the past I doubt it.
This thread and question is clearly about the S650, not the S550.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
This thread and question is clearly about the S650, not the S550.
Youā€™ve had a terrible attitude on your last few threads to people who are providing genuine feedback. I would say with certainty that key features with lights (locks, window controls, etc) will not change colors with MyColor. This is for safety, cost, and complexity. Also take a chill pill

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
Youā€™ve had a terrible attitude on your last few threads to people who are providing genuine feedback. I would say with certainty that key features with lights (locks, window controls, etc) will not change colors with MyColor. This is for safety, cost, and complexity. Also take a chill pill
So if I ask a question about the S650

And I get an answer about the S550.

I am the one who is wrong?

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT

Both are right. You asked about the S650. And he asked you to chill a bit.

And without looking at you userid, I recognized you as I skimmed through the comments and saw the quickly escalating tone.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Both are right. You asked about the S650. And he asked you to chill a bit.

And without looking at you userid, I recognized you as I skimmed through the comments and saw the quickly escalating tone.
I use arguments when backing up my questions and information.

Not feelings.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
To put color changing lights in those spots it would require running an additional three wires for RGB vs having a single colored led that just has to be powered. Not saying itā€™s not possible but the cost would greatly outweigh the benefit. I donā€™t believe there is any car that has color control on those parts of the car but not sure.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Remember a lot of the parts are coming from the S550. The light control knob is one of them. Which is why he (and I) would assume there is no color change feature with those parts. Itā€™s a logical guess as Ford has not come out to talk about the ambient lighting given all the press has been on the Drift Brake and gen 4 coyote.

**not trying to start anything. Just stating my thought process and what went through my mind as soon as I read the question**

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
So I knew from previous posts,that there are no lights in the cupholders, but last night was the first night, We have taken the car out with it being dark out. My husband went to get something out of the glove box and realized this is the first car we ever have, that we can remember anyway, where it does not have a light inside the glove box, and then, when we went to press the garage door opener thereā€™s no light up above either. Has anybody else noticed the lighting in this thing really sucks? The only two places Iā€™m seeing they have lights at night, are the door handles and on the foot pedals where I really donā€™t need to seešŸ˜‚

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

Not feelings.

Not feelings.
Did you ever get your answer? If not, the only place in the car with ambient lighting, is by your feet, door handles, and is it called skid plate, when you open the door, it is lit up. The my color, we have 2 blues for and that is in the car on the Giant ipad. They really screwed up by not putting lights in the glove box, cup holders and garage door buttons. So, they didnā€™t put them where they should have and put them where there really arenā€™t needed

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Now I have to go and see.

Even my 66 GT had a light in the glove box!
Sponsored