• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active exhaust, how to make track mode default?

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
US EPA regulations.

See US Title 40 CFR 205.52:

§ 205.52 Vehicle noise emission standards.

(a) Low Speed Noise Emission Standard. Vehicles which are manufactured after the following effective dates shall be designed, built and equipped so that they will not produce sound emissions in excess of the levels indicated.

Effective dateLevel
(i) January 1, 197983 dBA.
(ii) January 1, 198880 dBA.

(b) The standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section refer to the sound emissions as measured in accordance with the procedures prescribed in § 205.54–1,2.

(c) Every manufacturer of a new motor vehicle subject to the standards prescribed in this paragraph shall, prior to taking any of the actions specified in section 10(a)(1) of the Act, comply with the other provisions of this subpart or Subpart A, as applicable.
That’s really good to know if it applies to all states
US EPA regulations.

See US Title 40 CFR 205.52:

§ 205.52 Vehicle noise emission standards.

(a) Low Speed Noise Emission Standard. Vehicles which are manufactured after the following effective dates shall be designed, built and equipped so that they will not produce sound emissions in excess of the levels indicated.

Effective dateLevel
(i) January 1, 197983 dBA.
(ii) January 1, 198880 dBA.

(b) The standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section refer to the sound emissions as measured in accordance with the procedures prescribed in § 205.54–1,2.

(c) Every manufacturer of a new motor vehicle subject to the standards prescribed in this paragraph shall, prior to taking any of the actions specified in section 10(a)(1) of the Act, comply with the other provisions of this subpart or Subpart A, as applicable.
Sponsored

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I've heard that if you remote start the car, wait a minute for the car to warm up, then use the remote rev feature it will switch to track mode for the revs then switch back to whatever mode it was in before. I don't think they'll let you start the car in track mode, unfortunately. (Track mode disables the traction control, so too much liability for Ford.)

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snowmobiles 100, lawnmower, power tools,90. 80-83 you can yell higher dbs. Check out a graph with sound levels. It’s pretty interesting.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I've heard that if you remote start the car, wait a minute for the car to warm up, then use the remote rev feature it will switch to track mode for the revs then switch back to whatever mode it was in before. I don't think they'll let you start the car in track mode, unfortunately. (Track mode disables the traction control, so too much liability for Ford.)
Track exhaust mode does not disable traction control. You can enable it separately from the rest of the track features.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Ford can't allow people to have the default mode be anything but "Normal", likely due to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. there's a full-on recall on 2022-23 Lightnings (23C38) because placing the vehicle in a drive mode with reduced stability control intervention and doing a key cycle will not reset it to normal

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Ford can't allow people to have the default mode be anything but "Normal", likely due to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. there's a full-on recall on 2022-23 Lightnings (23C38) because placing the vehicle in a drive mode with reduced stability control intervention and doing a key cycle will not reset it to normal
But setting it in track exhaust mode has nothing to do with any of the safety features...

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Fyi on the 19 and 20 Gt350s there is a fuse you can pull...

You open up the valves... pull the fuse... then valves are forever open
.. works perfectly... all you get on initial start up is active exhaust not available on dash for 5 seconds ...

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

.. works perfectly... all you get on initial start up is active exhaust not available on dash for 5 seconds ...
Nice will have to do that, will have to look up a video unless you have one on hand

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
It's for

This is what I suggested a few posts ago.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
That’s really good to know if it applies to all states
That's a manufacturer production requirement, not a consumer use law. Local laws establish noise limits...

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bro people have gotten exhaust tickets for driving in stock track mode.

I don’t know where you live but certain areas have strict sound laws, in my area cops have db meters and set up traps just like a speed trap would be set… but for sound.
You can't. I set mine to the favorite button so I just hit the star button after I start up.
track mode is not even as loud as a Harley Davidson accelerating.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
track mode is not even as loud as a Harley Davidson accelerating.
Never owned a Harley, but aren't they shipped with a quieter exhaust and most owners change out the pipes?
Sponsored