• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

A couple questions from a newbie

ScottyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had my GT Premium for about 5 days now...previous car was a 22 GT/CS. There are a couple things the old one did better and I'm wondering if they can be improved.

1. The steering feels much lighter than the previous car, even sport mode feels very light. Wondering if tires might be part of the issue. Has anyone swapped their OEM tires for something else and if so did you notice more feedback with the steering?

2. Backup camera is VERY dark in low light. The previous car, and actually all previous cars I've had with backup cams, would have a nice bright image even at night or low light. The display on this car is really dim and hard to see surroundings in low light. (It also seems a bit off center).Is there anywhere you can play around with the settings or are they adjustable? I haven't been able to find anything.
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I've had my GT Premium for about 5 days now...previous car was a 22 GT/CS. There are a couple things the old one did better and I'm wondering if they can be improved.

1. The steering feels much lighter than the previous car, even sport mode feels very light. Wondering if tires might be part of the issue. Has anyone swapped their OEM tires for something else and if so did you notice more feedback with the steering?

2. Backup camera is VERY dark in low light. The previous car, and actually all previous cars I've had with backup cams, would have a nice bright image even at night or low light. The display on this car is really dim and hard to see surroundings in low light. (It also seems a bit off center).Is there anywhere you can play around with the settings or are they adjustable? I haven't been able to find anything.
i believe in the settings of the car, you can adjust the screen brightness, mine is very clear and bright.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Check your front tyre pressures, if they are high it will make the steering feel light.

You can change the steering weight in the settings

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The steering system in the S650 is different than the S550 so feeling a difference is not unexpected. Schedule a test drive on a car from your dealer and compare. And while on that test drive checkout the brightness of the rear view camera.

GT-24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey,401A,Active Exhaust, Brembo,Auto
Being a newbie myself, does not the steering feeling change with the mode your in, ie sport, track, normal? I know the automatic shift points do.

OP
OP

ScottyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Being a newbie myself, does not the steering feeling change with the mode your in, ie sport, track, normal? I know the automatic shift points do.
It does change, it's just that even in sport mode it still feels very light (at least compared to my 2022 in sport mode)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
It does change, it's just that even in sport mode it still feels very light (at least compared to my 2022 in sport mode)
Did you not notice the difference when you test drove it BEFORE buying it?

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
I would consider the steering on the 2024 vague at best, fortunately we had no expectations with regard to the steering. From my perspective, you really don't get a sense of what is going on through the steering.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
The steering is not the same as my 2018 GT, I put a new set of PS AS4s on and it makes no difference. I will say that I have gotten used to the new steering and the car is quite enjoyable to drive. I have no issues with my camera, it's bright and clear. Could there be something on the lens?

OP
OP

ScottyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Did you not notice the difference when you test drove it BEFORE buying it?
Yes I did notice it. What I was asking is whether or not anyone has changed tires and if that made a difference in steering feel. With past cars I've owned I've noticed Continental tires tend to have a more numb feel than other brands.

OP
OP

ScottyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The steering is not the same as my 2018 GT, I put a new set of PS AS4s on and it makes no difference. I will say that I have gotten used to the new steering and the car is quite enjoyable to drive. I have no issues with my camera, it's bright and clear. Could there be something on the lens?
The camera is very bright and clear, its just that at night or in low light conditions it doesn't compensate for the low light as well as the cameras on my previous cars.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS