• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2026 GT500 with Manual Trans!?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This is misleading information- actually the S650 was meant to come out sooner but there was a delay. Suppliers don’t get first hand strategic information like that until it goes concrete where you would know about the cycle planning in advance. My source? I ACTUALLY worked on the project.
I CURRENTLY work for a company that produces a *major* sub-assembly for most NA Ford/Lincoln products. Most components are direct sourced. I'm not talking about trivial parts. We know YEARS in advance of new generations and refreshes. We are a affectionatley called a Tier 1/2 supplier - we are essentially Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

V10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
If the S650 does get a manual, I wonder if that will tank S550 GT500 values?

I mean S550 GT5 will already drop when the S650 GT5 comes out. But I'm curious if it will drop the values of S550 GT5 even further when a manual version GT500 for the S650 comes out. If they ever decide to do it.

My only reference is the CTS-V vs CT5 Blackwing. Both carry the LT4 but the CT5 version is reworked and has better everything I believe, and comes in manual.

I think Ford should follow this route in producing a manual version just like Dodge did with the hellcat, bringing the manual back for a last hurrah. Thats if the S650 is the last to have a v8, i hope not and I hope they go lighter somehow with the S750 or whatever is after the S650.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
Porsche did it with 991.1 GT3 in only offering a PDK. They made a huge mistake in thinking that everyone would accept it. Every GT3 since has been offered in both a PDK and a manual, as it should be.

If I don't get offered a GTD from Ford I'll be looking at the next model discussed here. I'd love to see the Boss name again, maybe something like a Boss 5.2 or a Boss 329 if they choose the NA 5.4 liter. And make it upscale. Great paint, good fit/finish etc.

I do think they really need to get away from from the stripes, snakes and Shelby name. The history is great but I think that paying homage to him and what he did has run its course where it's become canned and boring. Afterall the whole reason why Larry Shinoda came up with the Boss name was not only for calling the original Boss 302 the Bosses project, but also to have something that was Ford's own. The Boss name is not associated with anyone outside of the blue oval. They own so they should use it.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
If the S650 does get a manual, I wonder if that will tank S550 GT500 values?

I mean S550 GT5 will already drop when the S650 GT5 comes out. But I'm curious if it will drop the values of S550 GT5 even further when a manual version GT500 for the S650 comes out. If they ever decide to do it.

My only reference is the CTS-V vs CT5 Blackwing. Both carry the LT4 but the CT5 version is reworked and has better everything I believe, and comes in manual.

I think Ford should follow this route in producing a manual version just like Dodge did with the hellcat, bringing the manual back for a last hurrah. Thats if the S650 is the last to have a v8, i hope not and I hope they go lighter somehow with the S750 or whatever is after the S650.
If you look at sales MTs are far less common. They are gaining market share in enthusiast makets but other than that no one is buying them. I once read some statistics that below 10% are actually tracking their cars that were built for it and that there are actually something like 2 or 3 percent that actually track their car on a regular basis.
My point is that the market for manual transmissions is fairly limited and therefore, I don't think that a MT GT500 successor would actually devalue current GT500s. I just hope that they offer both.
Sponsored