• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
2026 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Rendered—Massive Wing and All!
We offer an early look at what Ford's high-powered range-topping Mustang could look like. The answer is: awesome.
Justin WestbrookWriterAbimelec DesignIllustrator
Sep 19, 2022
2024_Ford_Mustang_GT500_White_1.jpg

SEE ALL 6 PHOTOS
The new seventh-generation 2024 Ford Mustang really flexed at last week's reveal, keeping the dream of manual-shifted V-8-powered muscle cars alive for at least a few more years. For the past few generations, Ford has developed a Shelby GT500 trim as a sort of range-topper in the Mustang lineup, offering more power than a standard V-8 'Stang with the help of a supercharger. We can expect heavy use of carbon fiber, intense suspension and chassis upgrades, custom bodywork with more aggressive aero and massive rear wing, and of course the GT500's signature racing stripes—here are a few renderings of what the 2026 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 could be. We tossed in a version done up like the latest Hertz GT500-H, too, because who doesn't love a 900-hp rental car?

2024_Ford_Mustang_GT500_White_2.jpg

SEE ALL 6 PHOTOS

While it was a bit surprising to not see any hybrid or electrified powertrains for this new generation, as had long been rumored, Ford did still offer something fresh: the all-new Ford Mustang Dark Horse performance model. The Dark Horse will offer the most powerful 5.0-liter V-8 the company has ever tuned for a road car, generating an estimated 500 horsepower.
2024_Ford_Mustang_Shelby_GT500_Render_1.jpg

SEE ALL 6 PHOTOS

The Dark Horse also borrows some of the upgrades previously only reserved for the Shelby performance Mustang models like the GT500, including its carbon fiber wheels and specially modified piston connecting rods, without getting the full Shelby overhaul. It seems that the new Dark Horse model takes the midrange performance level for this next-gen muscle car that was previously held by performance trims like the 2021 Mustang Mach 1, which offers around 20 more horsepower than the sixth-gen Mustang GT it's based on. That still leaves plenty of room for Shelby models like the GT500 to take it even further.
2024_Ford_Mustang_Shelby_GT500_Render_2.jpg

SEE ALL 6 PHOTOS
The outgoing supercharged 5.2-liter "Predator" V-8-powered GT500 offers 760 horsepower and 625 pound-feet, and we only expect it to get even more ridiculous with the next generation due in a few years. The outgoing GT500 offers a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (with no manual option), nice adaptive dampers, up to 16.5-inch brakes, and Michelin Pilot Sport tires wrapping carbon fiber lightweight wheels, and we can expect a similar setup for the new car.
2024_Ford_Mustang_GT500H_2.jpg

SEE ALL 6 PHOTOS

Inside the GT500 will likely get Shelby-specific Recaro front bucket seats, the option for a rear seat delete to save weight, as well as plenty of carbon fiber trim and construction.
2024_Ford_Mustang_GT500H_.jpg

SEE ALL 6 PHOTOS
This week, Ford Authority has reported via "sources" that the seventh-generation Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will debut in 2025 as a 2026 model year, with the current sixth-gen Mustang-based GT500 phased out this year. That sounds plausible, so we likely won't be waiting too long for the debut of the new one.
(Westbrook Justin, 2022)

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
This to me looks MUCH better than what we got.

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
First Name
Edward
OP....your title says GT350 but what you posted is GT500 so which is it?

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
First Name
Patrick
LOL, they just slapped S550 features on a S650 GT. I think we'll get better than that. Considering each trim level so far has completely unique front bumpers.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my 2023 C8 Stingray
First Name
Steve
LOL, they just slapped S550 features on a S650 GT. I think we'll get better than that. Considering each trim level so far has completely unique front bumpers.
Came here to say this. They just added mesh grilles and S550 GT500 wheels, sideskirts and spoiler and some vents. They didn't even added the more aggressive Dark Horse diffusor. The S650 will obviously look way more menacing and having a completely unique look instead of the GT frontend.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
So no hybrid and no awd. Not sure how this thing is gonna 1 up the current gt500. Unless they develop a whole new engine I don’t see this thing being very exciting.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
So no hybrid and no awd. Not sure how this thing is gonna 1 up the current gt500. Unless they develop a whole new engine I don’t see this thing being very exciting.
Even then, with it already over 760hp how much more can they add before its just pointless other than bragging rights and burn outs? It already has issue putting the power down.

Maybe All wheel steering? or focus purely on handling and weight loss to make better use of the power it has now.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
First Name
KT
The stripes look way too out of place.

The lack of trademark GT500 grill from S550 makes this lackluster.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd Black
First Name
Johnny
Do not Like the rear one bit!

Looks really timid and featureless,
Looks like a gt with stripes+ medium spoiler, which the s550 gt500 essentially is, but the s550 one looks meaner and special

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
Maybe All wheel steering?
God, I hope that never happens to the mustang. AWS has always been one of those "cool" features for commuter cars but rarely is it received well in performance cars. I always think of cars like the Z32 300zx where every single owner does a HICAS-delete immediately.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
God, I hope that never happens to the mustang. AWS has always been one of those "cool" features for commuter cars but rarely is it received well in performance cars. I always think of cars like the Z32 300zx where every single owner does a HICAS-delete immediately.
Its usually more due to the durability and cost of repairing it. Thats why its common to eliminate on the R32-34 GT-R as well, but its not that it doesn't help in actual racing, its just about how much it adds more complication than its worth unless you're doing hard core racing.