• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang GT Convertible - Upper Child seat tether anchor location?

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I'm trying to locate the upper child seat tether anchor points on my '24 convertible and can't locate them. The manual as well as the Ford website indicate that they exist. Has anyone found them or are using them? Thanks!
Sponsored

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
what car seat are you using and could you attach some pics? im looking for one that i know will fit in the backseat

OP
OP
UNSAFE

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love to help you but unfortunately Iā€™m not using a car seat. We are empty nesters šŸ˜‰.

The reason Iā€™m asking is I want to use a pet cover in the back seat area and the back straps usually wrap around a headrest. Since that isnā€™t possible in the Mustang due to the headrests being molded into the seat back, looking to use the upper tether anchor point to mount the pet seat cover. that supposedly exists, but Iā€™m unable to locate it. šŸ¤”

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I'm trying to locate the upper child seat tether anchor points on my '24 convertible and can't locate them. The manual as well as the Ford website indicate that they exist. Has anyone found them or are using them? Thanks!
The anchor points are behind the seats. Just looked at my vert and confirmed. You can see them if you look through the back windshield there should be 2 plastic caps with anchor icons on them.

I believe the owners manual shows reference points for them as well if you canā€™t see them.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
The owner's manual contains all anchor points between both coupe and convertible, and is the best source of this information. It will include car seat guidance as well.

OP
OP
UNSAFE

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The anchor points are behind the seats. Just looked at my vert and confirmed. You can see them if you look through the back windshield there should be 2 plastic caps with anchor icons on them.

I believe the owners manual shows reference points for them as well if you canā€™t see them.
Would you be able to take a photo of yours and post them for me?

OP
OP
UNSAFE

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1713192874308-kc.png
1713192889484-w7.png

Owner's manual Pg. 41, much faster. Log into your ford dashboard and download a PDF version.
I did look at the manual and saw those photos. Now, there are two black hook looking thingys, for lack a better description, on the shelf behind the rear seat, although they don't seem to be anchored to anything other than that flexible shelf. Maybe those are it and they're covered with some sort of cap. That's the reason I was looking for an actual real life picture of the locations. I will check again and report back.

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Those are the anchors covered by caps. Hard to take a clear picture

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Convertible - Upper Child seat tether anchor location? IMG_4840

OP
OP
UNSAFE

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are the anchors covered by caps. Hard to take a clear picture

IMG_4840.jpeg
Thank you! I see those. For some reason I had come across a post somewhere (maybe on the S550 forum) caused me to doubt that those were anchor points. Looking closer I now see the inscription on the caps. Thanks again for taking the time to take this photo for me!
Sponsored