• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Windshield RF Transparency Location

scottso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
I just took delivery of my Dark Horse a couple of days ago and when I went to put up my EZ Pass toll transponder I noticed there aren't any spots on the windshield that have the black dot pattern to indicate RF transparency like previous model years. They seem to be completely covered up by the mirror trim that houses the sensors for rain and such. I poured through the manual trying to find some reference for this, as the locations were printed in last years manuals, but the 2024 manual doesn't seem to have this information.

Has anyone had any trouble with their toll transponders (or radar detectors while I'm at it) on the front windshield in arbitrary locations?
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It's just plain laminated glass on the Mustang with no heated screen so shouldn't be an issue. My toll tag (Europe) works fine just to the left of the rear view mirror assembly (RHD)

OP
OP

scottso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
Oh great! Thanks for the feedback! I didn't want to stick it on and then find it doesn't work and have to buy new ones flailing around trying to find the magic spot. They charge more around here if they have to get a picture of your licence plate.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
I just took delivery of my Dark Horse a couple of days ago and when I went to put up my EZ Pass toll transponder I noticed there aren't any spots on the windshield that have the black dot pattern to indicate RF transparency like previous model years. They seem to be completely covered up by the mirror trim that houses the sensors for rain and such. I poured through the manual trying to find some reference for this, as the locations were printed in last years manuals, but the 2024 manual doesn't seem to have this information.

Has anyone had any trouble with their toll transponders (or radar detectors while I'm at it) on the front windshield in arbitrary locations?
Mounted my EZTAG just to the right of the rear view mirror, no issues
Sponsored