• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lightning17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Spot on Race Red GT

the recent hysteria on this thread is reminiscent of the S550 delivery to AU some 10 years ago (I canā€™t believe how much time has passe)

There is no car equivalent to the Mustang in the price range. Itā€™s a V8 - letā€™s leave it at that. Itā€™s a unicorn and sadly not here for much longer

Iā€™ve contemplated the comments about cancelling orders for a 2026ā€™ish model refresh and my decision is to keep my order intact. The AU Govt has proposed all manner of vehicle emissions legislation, and if passed later this year might just kill the Mustang for AU

Each to their own, but if youā€™re on a first delivery order I think youā€™re on a good thing. My only regret was I didnā€™t order a Dark Horse when I could have.
Now unless they changed the the regulations I read somewhere its had to be minimum amount of quantity and or they can balance it out with bringing out same model or another to give consumers a choice for example the Mach E to balance out with the Mustang ICE Co2 emissions. So what quantity is ford bringing mustang into AU under 3K ?wouldn't be worth to alter emissions requirement and they would use there carbon credits and present the Mach e with it to get Government Approval... so I am hoping

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
MR is the best option you can tick on the options list in my experience

i wanted another MR Convertible but for some strange reason FA dropped MR as an option

A good friend who bought my old MR ā€˜vert was going to order an S650 MR Vert

Now she is just spending more money on the S550

Shame. It really worked on the Convertible
Yeah that's bizarre not even the Ecoboost and GT appearance pack doesn't allow MR.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I love the idea of the ol last hurrah unicorn big NA V8 at circa $90k etc. but i guess im not married to it, yet...
i wont get fkd by Ford to pay them to drive one of their cars. personally.
I was a S550 owner and ordered on 19/08/16 and got mine a few months later on 8/12/16.
The issue is the govt. can impose a blanket CO2 emission tax on new vehicles.
I heard, could be bs, that a Yaris GR in France cost $42k (Euros), and is taxed around mid $40's for being over a limit of CO2 emissions.
I see Straya following suit with labor/greens. So better hurry up with that delivery, and as stated, i don't think it will be further delayed. If people actually have Vins now i think its safe to expect August.
https://www.motor1.com/news/708040/... ā‚¬45,990 penalty for,to pay an additional tax.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I heard, could be bs, that a Yaris GR in France cost $42k (Euros), and is taxed around mid $40's for being over a limit of CO2 emissions.
They increased the taxes in France last January, the GT and Dark Horse are taxed an extra ā‚¬60k on top of the base price... basically you buy two cars, it's nuts. You can see the taxes for CO2 in the 1st table here (https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/article_jo/JORFARTI000048727450) but everything giving out more than 193g/km CO2 is taxed with ā‚¬60k.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Get ready for ongoing and regular blackouts from 6pm every day as we arrive home and plug in our EV's that rely on a base load of renewables that can't keep up with demand.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
I cancelled my gt order because i bought a 550, but had i not bought a 550, i would have cancelled anyway due to pricing.

But reading threads like this
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...e-first-time-recently-im-underwhelmed.160475/
References to gt prices already falling.
Is amazing how two markets are so different.

I wonder if in australia it will be similar once they land,
Covid tax is disappearing
Waiting times is reducing back to normal for other brands
Or will DH be commanding a premium for the flippers?

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I wonder if in australia it will be similar once they land,
Covid tax is disappearing
Waiting times is reducing back to normal for other brands
Short answer:
No!

Longer answer:
No!
Mustang pricing will always be maintained at an artificially high level in Australia simply due to supply vs demand, the long wait times, and a lack of competition in the market segment.

I call it a "want" tax.
I don't need a Mustang, but I want one, and I'm prepared to pay whatever... and FoA already knows this about their Mustang customers. None of us need a Mustang, but here's my deposit.

Or will DH be commanding a premium for the flippers?
Due to the above, yes.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Short answer:
No!

Longer answer:
No!
Mustang pricing will always be maintained at an artificially high level in Australia simply due to supply vs demand, the long wait times, and a lack of competition in the market segment.

I call it a "want" tax.
I don't need a Mustang, but I want one, and I'm prepared to pay whatever... and FoA already knows this about their Mustang customers. None of us need a Mustang, but here's my deposit.

Due to the above, yes.
I think once the government get their way and V8s are legislated out of existence, we might see another jump in pricing. The way I see it, there aren't many options left for those that want a rear wheel drive, v8 sports car. I'm hoping if I ever get my DH, it should be a really rare car which should hold its value well.
I mean look at what happened to HSV prices once they stopped making them.
Only a thousand Dark horses will be brought to Australia. So I'm hoping it being a rare car to begin with, last of the v8, manual, rear wheel drive cars, it should do well in preserving it value.

I dont plan to flip mine. I'm going to keep it and enjoy it.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
And not to mention dickhead Bowen's fuel efficiency tax that's being talked about. :curse:
I hope these pricks are voted out before that comes close to being legislation.

If/when that comes in, then that will be the death knell of the Mustang.
Only the very wealthy will contemplate such a vehicle, and demand will fall to the point of not being viable for FoA to bring them into Australia and support the vehicle.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
And not to mention dickhead Bowen's fuel efficiency tax that's being talked about. :curse:
I hope these pricks are voted out before that comes close to being legislation.

If/when that comes in, then that will be the death knell of the Mustang.
Only the very wealthy will contemplate such a vehicle, and demand will fall to the point of not being viable for FoA to bring them into Australia and support the vehicle.
I agree. This must be worrying for Ford as a whole. The Mach E is not selling well and they have essentially killed of everything else except Ranger. If this new SUV/Ute tax is going to hurt sales of Ranger it will really hurt Ford seeing they are really a one trick pony these days.
Sponsored

Last edited: