• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Faster than a Dark Horse! :wink:

... but drive away around $116k.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Although it is a "New" Model, I think the Pricing Increase on the MY24 Mustang should be relatively modest - possibly even as low as $1-2K (plus allowing for Exchange Rates).

As I have previously indicated: "the similarly configured US MY24 Mustang GT has a Net Price Rise of US$150 - AU$238 - over the MY23.

Therefore, regardless of the Australian 2023 GT Pricing differential to the US Pricing, presumably this minor pricing increase would be reflected in acquisition costing for FOA, before factoring Exchange Rates - which also impacts every other imported car.

The MY24 Dark Horse has US$1,400 (AU$ 2,220) Price Increase over the Mach-1.

However regarding the GT Premium Pricing (AU Spec), although there is a listed US$3650 Price Increase, if you delve into the revised options pricing, quite another pricing scenario is revealed.

Firstly US$1,000 of that price is a US specific "Gas Guzzler" TAX, not applicable to Australia.

Although there will no doubt be a Price Rise for us in Aust', we could (should!) benefit from only a relatively minor increase on the MY24, as whilst the host US GT has a US$2650 Price Increase (excluding the US Gas Guzzler Tax), this should be mostly OFFSET (theoretically) by the Price Reduction of the GT Performance Package of US $1700. This has REDUCED from US $6700 to US $4995

In addition the 12.4" Digital Dash is now Standard across the Range, and the B&O 1000W Audio System (US $995 Option) has been absorbed into the 401A Package, which has increased by US$200, producing additional $800 savings.

In summary: GT Premium Price Increase = US $2,650
GT Performance Pkg Price REDUCTION = US $1,700 (as included with Aus Spec Mustang GTs).
B&O Audio Net Reduction = US $800
Total Saving: 1700 + 800 = 2500
Indicative Net Increase = 2650-2500 = US $150

However we will just have to wait for Thursday......I would be very pleasantly surprised if it was under $1K

Last edited:

Brumby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered S650 GT Manual Vapor Blue, Magneride
Although it is a "New" Model, I think the Pricing Increase on the MY24 Mustang should be relatively modest - possibly even as low as $1-2K (plus allowing for Exchange Rates).

As I have previously indicated: "the similarly configured US MY24 Mustang GT has a Net Price Rise of US$150 - AU$238 - over the MY23.

Therefore, regardless of the Australian 2023 GT Pricing differential to the US Pricing, presumably this minor pricing increase would be reflected in acquisition costing for FOA, before factoring Exchange Rates - which also impacts every other imported car.

The MY24 Dark Horse has US$1,400 (AU$ 2,220) Price Increase over the Mach-1.

However regarding the GT Premium Pricing (AU Spec), although there is a listed US$3650 Price Increase, if you delve into the revised options pricing, quite another pricing scenario is revealed.

Firstly US$1,000 of that price is a US specific "Gas Guzzler" TAX, not applicable to Australia.

Although there will no doubt be a Price Rise for us in Aust', we could (should!) benefit from only a relatively minor increase on the MY24, as whilst the host US GT has a US$2650 Price Increase (excluding the US Gas Guzzler Tax), this should be mostly OFFSET (theoretically) by the Price Reduction of the GT Performance Package of US $1700. This has REDUCED from US $6700 to US $4995

In addition the 12.4" Digital Dash is now Standard across the Range, and the B&O 1000W Audio System (US $995 Option) has been absorbed into the 401A Package, which has increased by US$200, producing additional $800 savings.

In summary: GT Premium Price Increase = US $2,650
GT Performance Pkg Price REDUCTION = US $1,700 (as included with Aus Spec Mustang GTs).
B&O Audio Net Reduction = US $800
Total Saving: 1700 + 800 = 2500
Indicative Net Increase = 2650-2500 = US $150

However we will just have to wait for Thursday......I would be very pleasantly surprised if it was under $1K
Let's hope for everyones sake that you are correct Steve in your assumptions!
I for one will find it difficult to justify paying more than a $2 -$3k increase over the previous year model.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Thanks Brumby, my point exactly :)
Steve, don't get me wrong, there's no chance I'd be able to afford my guesstimates, but I suspect Ford Aust is going to stuff this up by being greedy.
Happy to be proven wrong.

I'd love my DH manual to be $95k drive away, as that's my sweet spot, still expensive but not crazy.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steve, don't get me wrong, there's no chance I'd be able to afford my guesstimates, but I suspect Ford Aust is going to stuff this up by being greedy.
Happy to be proven wrong.

I'd love my DH manual to be $95k drive away, as that's my sweet spot, still expensive but not crazy.
Blitz, I am inclined to agree with you, it would not surprise me if FoA formed a distorted view of Mustang Demand and Pricing Tolerance, and see that as a green light to indulge themselves in Price Gouging (a stunt possibly some Dealers will also try).

I was just trying to present some perspective and evidence as to what could be reasonably regarded as Justifiable, in the context of the very minor pricing (and FoA Costing) increase of the similarly configured Mustang on the home US market - of US$150.

We can only hope FoA will restrain themselves, as overpricing could seriously backfire on them after the initial rush, however we should have a clear idea on Thursday.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I've heard of some dealers quoting DH to be $125k driveaway....wow 😯😯😯😯😯

Lightning17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ve been told to expect mid 80s for a GT manual. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard of some dealers quoting DH to be $125k driveaway....wow 😯😯😯😯😯
Doesn't surprise me, Dealers testing the market to see what the think they can screw out of buyers - although until Thursday all Dealer pricing is just a stab-in-the-dark, as they usually know even less than us, lol.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 SS torana and soon a DMG "23 GT Mustang
I’ve been told to expect mid 80s for a GT manual. 🤷‍♂️
Will not surprise me epecially if its the same spec as outgoing S550 . Look at it this way guys , if you got the cash you can get >5% at call during the wait so will soften the blow slightly , in fact in real terms make it close to price of 550 . If you got a 550 to trade probably a good idea to list and sell it now and use that 5% at call instead of playing dealer poker with a tradein , there will be a lot of 550's traded i would imagine , making a glut of them in used car market and thats not going to help value . Might buy the missus a 550 vert next year if the price softens dramatically

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.75 Ford Focus ST-Line
official time given by dealers 3PM VIC time today ! Price and Specs
So hitting refresh every five minutes since I woke up was a waste of time? 🤣