• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Most of us could have a slight problem here though (if the Mustang 10R80 comes from here):

"The Blue Oval to lay off 1,920 workers at other plants that supply parts to those facilities, and soon, the Sharonville Transmission plant may be facing some layoffs of its own this coming Monday, as the UAW revealed to Cincinnati.com.

We were not called to strike but will have some layoffs at our plant,” said UAW 863 local president Tod Turner, though he wasn’t sure exactly how many workers will be affected. The Sharonville plant – which builds 6R140 and 10R80 transmissions for Ford models – currently employs round 2,000 workers, 1,800 of whom are represented by the union."

UAW Says Ford Transmission Plant May Start Lay Offs Monday (fordauthority.com)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the factory workers still on strike?
Yes they seem adamant with their demands, however it does not affect Toyota other Asian car makers and Tesla.

“This should not be Ford versus the UAW,” Ford said while speaking during a press conference this morning dubbed “Remarks On The Future Of American Manufacturing.” “It should be Ford AND the UAW versus Toyota, Honda, Tesla, and all the Chinese companies that want to enter our home market. Toyota, Honda, Tesla, and the others are loving this strike. Because they know the longer it goes on, the better it is for them. They will win, and all of us will lose.”
Bill Ford Says Rivals 'Loving' UAW Strike (fordauthority.com)
Ford Exec Says Company 'At The Limit' With UAW Proposal (fordauthority.com)
Ford Lays Off More Workers Due To Ongoing UAW Strike (fordauthority.com)

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AU S650 Build Schedule: I just heard that the first Aust S650 Build Schedule of Oct (this month) has been pushed back to Jan 2024. So it could be another frustrating delay, however at least everyone should get a 2024 Build Plate.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
AU S650 Build Schedule: I just heard that the first Aust S650 Build Schedule of Oct (this month) has been pushed back to Jan 2024. So it could be another frustrating delay, however at least everyone should get a 2024 Build Plate.
Appreciate the update(s), Steve.
I'm getting more info from you and your sources than from either of my dealers.

Now I'm wondering if our RHD builds will be at the end of Job #1 (not great, with all the reported "bugs" and issues the 'Mericans have been posting about recently), or, if it will be at the beginning of Job #2 (best outcome).

Edit:
Any mention of when the second allocation of RHDs will be scheduled to be built?
That would have to be within Job #2 now. (?)

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the update(s), Steve.
I'm getting more info from you and your sources than from either of my dealers.

Now I'm wondering if our RHD builds will be at the end of Job #1 (not great, with all the reported "bugs" and issues the 'Mericans have been posting about recently), or, if it will be at the beginning of Job #2 (best outcome).

Edit:
Any mention of when the second allocation of RHDs will be scheduled to be built?
That would have to be within Job #2 now. (?)
Thanks, appreciated. Cheers mate.

Yes, if it is consistent with the last couple of years, (hopefully) they could be "Job #2" from Jan '24 (not 100% sure), and the Second round of Au Allocations were scheduled for November, I think the builds were originally scheduled for Feb '24 - which presumably will also be postponed.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although not entirely relevant to our market, I do keep an eye on the scheduling notes as posted by newface.

Job #1 was "balancing out" mid January, at least for their domestic LHD market.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule ford-scheduling-notes-10-16-23-1-

I'm not familiar with the historical time line between Jobs #1 and #2, and if the FRAP is actually down (or not) in between for any possible re-tooling/tweaks.

Once we get revised build dates from our dealers, we'll know.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although not entirely relevant to our market, I do keep an eye on the scheduling notes as posted by newface.

Job #1 was "balancing out" mid January, at least for their domestic LHD market.

ford-scheduling-notes-10-16-23-1-jpg.jpg

I'm not familiar with the historical time line between Jobs #1 and #2, and if the FRAP is actually down (or not) in between for any possible re-tooling/tweaks.

Once we get revised build dates from our dealers, we'll know.
I watch it too, however it seems to be a US Market Build Focus only - from past observation, I don't think it covers RHD "Export" market Builds - not really clear on that.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Thanks for the updates

2024 Build Plate sounds good to me

I ordered one that ended up being built on January 1st

Arrived with rusty under carriage

My dealer rejected it

They put pressure on FA and I ended up with same colour with MAGNARIDE and Factory Spoiler.

Bonus

Turned out Baltimore had a blizzard. Salt on road from Rail to Port / Ship.

Watch for blizzards January / February 2024 in Baltimore.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I just reached out to Ford again via Facebook messenger. Looks like mine at least is still due to be built end of Nov. I wonder if that will change based on the info you provided.

Here is what they said:
Thanks for reaching back out to us. According to our current build schedule your vehicle is still scheduled of the end of November. We are happy to check again at the end of this month of there are any changes showing on the schedule. Feel free to reach out to us at the end of this month to check again. Regards, Shanez @ Ford Australia

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just reached out to Ford again via Facebook messenger. Looks like mine at least is still due to be built end of Nov. I wonder if that will change based on the info you provided.

Here is what they said:
Thanks for reaching back out to us. According to our current build schedule your vehicle is still scheduled of the end of November. We are happy to check again at the end of this month of there are any changes showing on the schedule. Feel free to reach out to us at the end of this month to check again. Regards, Shanez @ Ford Australia
I would take what they say with a grain of salt.
They are obviously well down the food chain, and haven't received the latest information.

Their primary job is to give the illusion that the manufacturer is engaged and is listening to potential customers. Nothing is further from the truth. The only exception is with small businesses, where the actual business owner/operator is doing their own social media.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the updates

2024 Build Plate sounds good to me

I ordered one that ended up being built on January 1st

Arrived with rusty under carriage

My dealer rejected it

They put pressure on FA and I ended up with same colour with MAGNARIDE and Factory Spoiler.

Bonus

Turned out Baltimore had a blizzard. Salt on road from Rail to Port / Ship.

Watch for blizzards January / February 2024 in Baltimore.
Ouch!! At least you got a bonus!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I would take what they say with a grain of salt.
They are obviously well down the food chain, and haven't received the latest information.

Their primary job is to give the illusion that the manufacturer is engaged and is listening to potential customers. Nothing is further from the truth. The only exception is with small businesses, where the actual business owner/operator is doing their own social media.
Yeah it wont surprise me. I'll check in with them again in two weeks or so and see if there are any changes.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Here is what they said:
Don't be surprised if that changes next month. cheers