• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 SS torana and soon a DMG "23 GT Mustang
Buying Mustangs in Australia has been such a saga for coming on 4 years , way things are going delivery before H2 '24 is getting less likely every passing day . All with AUDUSD trading at 12 month lows . Good luck to all , hope it comes to you . I got the last of the 23 Gt's and right now thats looking a good decision . I'm sure it will be worth it in the end . Hanging to see a s650 in the flesh , love the exterior of the GT , not a huge fan of the raccoon look front on the DH but it might look great in real life .

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
While we await pricing news, my favourite reviewers reviewed the Dark Horse

yeah that was a really good review, surprised at the straight line speed, must have been broken in a bit more than other videos of dark horses i have seen.
Really wonder what the GT would be like on trofeo R's, obviously these are worth a second+ but yeah, makes you wonder what we can do with a GT modified to get it in that ballpark without breaking the bank.

Mach1 is still looking good depending on GT pricing... that tremec looks amazing

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
... All with AUDUSD trading at 12 month lows ...
Like I posted months ago, our Pacific Peso was forecast to improve against the Greenback.

And this from Commsec today:

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

A 10% improvement by end of financial year is forecast (63 > 69 cents).
This won't help anyone getting a car in the first allocation however.

It should negate any price rises during H1 24.
Remember FoA increased the price on Maverick and Ranger more than once this year.

Tick tock... till next Thursday. :clock:

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
Mach1 is still looking good depending on GT pricing... that tremec looks amazing
A lot of Mach 1s on Car Sales are still quite expensive though. It will be interesting to see what happens to their prices once the S650 pricing is out but I suspect that they will not be any cheaper than a new DH. I am regretting not pulling the trigger on one that was in the mid-90s earlier this year as I suspect my dealer is screwing me over with the DH pre-order ...

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
A lot of Mach 1s on Car Sales are still quite expensive though. It will be interesting to see what happens to their prices once the S650 pricing is out but I suspect that they will not be any cheaper than a new DH. I am regretting not pulling the trigger on one that was in the mid-90s earlier this year as I suspect my dealer is screwing me over with the DH pre-order ...
My dealer hasn’t even responded to my email. I’ll eventually call to see what they say, but I’m more of an email sort of guy and they’ve responded same day when I emailed 8 months ago lol

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
yeah that was a really good review, surprised at the straight line speed, must have been broken in a bit more than other videos of dark horses i have seen.
Really wonder what the GT would be like on trofeo R's, obviously these are worth a second+ but yeah, makes you wonder what we can do with a GT modified to get it in that ballpark without breaking the bank.

I would like to see the GT back on Michelin PS4s, as it is I will be up for over $2K to replace the crap P-Zeros.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I posted months ago, our Pacific Peso was forecast to improve against the Greenback.

And this from Commsec today:

Capture.JPG

A 10% improvement by end of financial year is forecast (63 > 69 cents).
This won't help anyone getting a car in the first allocation however.

It should negate any price rises during H1 24.
Remember FoA increased the price on Maverick and Ranger more than once this year.

Tick tock... till next Thursday. :clock:
Thanks, you saved me from doing the same research! A surprisingly encouraging case for Pricing Restraint from FoA on the new Mustang.

4 more sleeps !

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.......I am regretting not pulling the trigger on one that was in the mid-90s earlier this year as I suspect my dealer is screwing me over with the DH pre-order ...
On a rational level, the Dark Horse is undoubtedly a major progression from the Mach-I, so in a rational world (which sadly we do not have) used Mach-1 pricing should reflect that - but who knows?

Did you insist on a Conditional Dealer Contract subject to acceptable Pricing ? You might just have time to fix that before Thursday.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I would like to see the GT back on Michelin PS4s, as it is I will be up for over $2K to replace the crap P-Zeros.
You're so correct. My 2017 GT had P-Zeros and they were total crap. I drove on them till they needed replacing and got PS4's and they were incredible. The car drove totally differently. I will bite the bullet and replace the P-Zeros because they were so bad and frankly felt dangerous. Don't know what I'll do with the P-Zeros

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I really hope for PS4S's as well. That is just such an excellent tyre.

Of course we dont even know yet what exactly we are getting, but I still prefer the Michelins. I have heard that the S550 Mustang used to come with the P-Zero Nero at some point I think. The S650's come with the P-Zero PZ4's which are apparently much better.

Anyone know if this is correct and what the difference is between the Nero and the PZ4's?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thursday you say.

I'm tipping the following:
GT coupe $78,990 + ORC
Dark Horse $96,990 + ORC
$78,990 + ORC on a Base GT Coupe ??? Really ?? Predicated on what Reasoning and Evidence ?

Are you aware that represents a Price increase of over $14K on a $58,882 + GST ($64,770) 2023 base Man GT before ORC ? A 2023 GT Auto is 62,802 +GST ($69,802) before ORC.
Sponsored

Last edited: