• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SPORT2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Hi everyone,

Been watching this forum space for AGES and have been constantly checking for pricing here in AUS daily since April haha (pretty desperate I know haha)

Anyways, just thought I’d shed some light on my ordering process so far through my dealership.

I placed an order for an Atlas Blue 2024 GT, Automatic Transmission, Magnaride Suspension (although they got my order wrong technically… will touch on this in a second!) This order was placed on October 6th, 2022, where I was told (and still am to my knowledge through recent screenshots and text communications) that I am the first allocated 2024 Mustang for this dealership!

Fast-track 12-months later until now, where last Wednesday I received my VIN number and allocation confirmation, like a few other people mentioned in here. Wasn’t until I heard in this thread that I thought to follow up myself, where they gave me my VIN number, order number, dealer allocation, etc, etc instantly!

Now they told me this VIN allocation will be built no later than the third week of November, with an ETA of April 7th! (Prior to this, I was aware of my ETA delivery of January 11th, although this has now evidently been pushed out.

With regards to my order, this VIN number is allocated as an Atlas Blue GT, Automatic Transmission, with Appearance Pack… not Magnaride. This is where I’m now confused as the dealer has basically locked my order and I am now unable to change this order to swap from Appearance Pack to Magnaride, since as far as I’m aware from their spec sheets you cannot order both on the same car in Australia for whatever reason (one or the other).

Given this, I have the option to either accept this order and take delivery in April as stated, or change my order and essentially switch allocations to a later build (possibly in the second Australia allocation… no longer the first order for the dealership) and order my build with Magnaride, which may now not get here until June/July next year or later.

My dealer informed me that the way Ford are completing their orders is they are just simply pumping out large quantities of stock Mustang GTs with no options or Appearance Pack orders, as this is a more common order. Given that Magnaride is a more complex build, they will not be focusing on building Magnaride orders for AU RHD builds until the second allocation or later until they can easily satisfy more simpler bare-bones builds. Even if I ordered Magnaride from the start, instead of the Appearance Pack, then I would most-likely still have to wait longer than April anyways.

I was mostly under the impression that upon the reveal of pricing, I would be able to modify my order as I please then confirm it and send it off… now I have been told that my order is locked in and cannot change it, which kind of seems like a stab in the back. Anyways, now that I have been told it’s most likely another 6-12 months until I see my car, I went and bought a 2018 GT to pass the time until my car gets here, as this 2024 was going to be my first Mustang (only 20 years old and just got my full-licence haha, WAY TOO EXCITED!)

Anyways, so sorry for such a long post, although just throught I’d keep you all updated and give you all my 2c as I said, been following all your stories for months and thought I should keep you all posted on what’s happening in my world, as it’s mostly similar to most of you guys too!

Please let me know if you have any questions about my situation or need more clarification, and I’d be more than happy to help! :)

- SPORT
Sponsored

Peewee63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't know if Ford is reading these forums or not, but I will not be taken for a ride. I've already been waiting nearly 2 years for this car but in the end it's just a toy. If they try and take me for a ride I'll take note, avoid Ford for any future vehicle purchases and move on without a Mustang. Might even hit up Toyota for a Supra at that point.
Has anyone in Australia received a VIN or ETA from there dealer ?
I made a random call to my dealer and they provided this to me
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I ordered October 2022. Have only contacted my dealer once In August this year where they told me they don’t want to give any “unofficial” information and will wait till they have official confirmations before contacting / committing to orders.

I’ll give them a ring/email tomorrow, see what they say

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
The only caveat I’d suggest is that since these are pre-orders they will (or should) have a clause allowing the buyer to walk away with their deposit if they aren’t happy with the final price and/or spec. Otherwise I’d say everything you’ve written is correct. The only thing I’m surprised about is that there only seems to be one Aussie buyer here who has received a VIN and production slot. It is rumoured FoA are holding a couple of thousand deposits.
i asked my guy if i need to put down a deposit and he said no...
And i just bought an everest off him without a deposit so no risk there lol He said deposit will not make a difference as to where i sit on the list... do i believe him? maybe not :giggle:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Well, it has to be tomorrow, or it's no longer "early" October. :explode:

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I've contacted Ford Oz and they simply said that there is no outlook for the price or the specs lol... unbelievable.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I've contacted Ford Oz and they simply said that there is no outlook for the price or the specs lol... unbelievable.
I did the same yesterday. At least they gave me a build date for my Dark Horse (27 November), but they refused to give any indication of when we can get pricing.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I did the same yesterday. At least they gave me a build date for my Dark Horse (27 November), but they refused to give any indication of when we can get pricing.
I've now Tweeted (or X'ed whatever its called these days) at Ford Australia as well and told them the Mustang7G Australian community is getting super frustrated at the poor communication around pricing. . They will probably just ignore my tweet. 😞