• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
@Deano1978 not sure if you saw this?

Anyone ordering the Black Pack, beware! :lipssealed:
Video is cued at 0:43.

I was considering a Black Pack as well, but the other downer is, we don't get the darkened headlight assemblies. I'd also be swapping out the front grille pony badge with a regular chrome one. The whole point of the black accents is contrast.

But seeing the black paint marks under the clearcoat just reeks of really poor QC, and a red flag. 🚩
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some Aust' Build Date Wild Speculation:

At this stage, our Australian Build Dates are for still scheduled for October-November (according to FoA Vista), however this is looking very unlikely, as the FoA Schedule has been seriously derailed and pushed back about 2-3 Months due to initial US Production Delays, which in turn have delayed ADR / Homologation Certification...
Could be a blessing in disguise?
The more production is pushed back, the better the chance of the niggly QC problems being resolved.

Not to mention having disgruntled, pissed off, and distracted factory workers being reved up by their Union which could result in shody assembly and QC failures. The dust from a new contract should have settled by the time our cars are going down the line.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
@Deano1978 not sure if you saw this?

Anyone ordering the Black Pack, beware! :lipssealed:
Video is cued at 0:43.

I was considering a Black Pack as well, but the other downer is, we don't get the darkened headlight assemblies. I'd also be swapping out the front grille pony badge with a regular chrome one. The whole point of the black accents is contrast.

But seeing the black paint marks under the clearcoat just reeks of really poor QC, and a red flag. 🚩
Hi ALM, I saw that review, think I posted it in another thread, the black paint issue is a concern.

I presume the lack of darkened headlight cases is a ADR thing which is annoying.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, look!

The new vehicle availability message from FoA was updated in the last day or so.
Last "update", if you can call it that, was July.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Nothing to see here folks.
Move along. :curse:

And no newsletter has been received, ever.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I know few people here were saying how they don't want to get an early production car - and Ford Authority just had an article about the S650 July and August production numbers and quality fixes.

Basically in those 2 months they produced just over 11,500 Mustangs. That should dispel any concerns that our cars will be "early builds". I suspect that by the time they make Australian Mustangs the production line would have pushed through at least 30,000 Mustangs.

Looks like they caught V8 valve issues, electrical gremlins and fixed body alignment issues. All great news for us. With the delays we might be getting MY25 cars

Flamma3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hi ALM, I saw that review, think I posted it in another thread, the black paint issue is a concern.

I presume the lack of darkened headlight cases is a ADR thing which is annoying.

Was it announced/confirmed anywhere, that we are not getting the blacked out/darkened headlights in the night pony package?

Does this mean the Dark Horse wont get it either, as I believe they are standard on DH.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto

Was it announced/confirmed anywhere, that we are not getting the blacked out/darkened headlights in the night pony package?

Does this mean the Dark Horse wont get it either, as I believe they are standard on DH.
Easily solved with an old newspaper (masking), $20 can of spray paint, a $15 Can of Undercoat, a &15 Can of Clear, $3 masking tape and a couple of $1 sheets of wet & Dry.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation

Found this via google

Australia share similar laws with the UK, meaning that headlights must be white/yellow, and rear lights red. There are also laws in Australia restricting tints. Tints or headlight covers that block more than 15% of the headlight beam are banned.

So I guess it depends on how much of the beam the factory tinting blocks. Another thing to speculate on and find out about in due course.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
US spec:
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Screenshot_20230915_204758_Acrobat for Samsun

AU spec:
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Screenshot_20230915_205327_Acrobat for Samsun

Note no reference to headlights.

AU spec was from the January leak.
Things could change.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
Hi everyone just rejoined Mustang 7G. I have ordered Race Red GT ,10 spd, magneride,Black package. I am following the black specs regarding the headlights. I am hoping it is a simple omission on aussie specs. When I see the USA GT's and DH with the hood up it appears the front headlight lens is clear ie no tinting . Only the internal 3 binnacles are blacked out. With hood down they appear shaded. Has anyone else noticed this or am I mistaken? The blacked out headlights are the best feature of the black package because we can not easily do this after market.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi everyone just rejoined Mustang 7G. I have ordered Race Red GT ,10 spd, magneride,Black package. I am following the black specs regarding the headlights. I am hoping it is a simple omission on aussie specs. When I see the USA GT's and DH with the hood up it appears the front headlight lens is clear ie no tinting . Only the internal 3 binnacles are blacked out. With hood down they appear shaded. Has anyone else noticed this or am I mistaken? The blacked out headlights are the best feature of the black package because we can not easily do this after market.
Congrats on your order. The "Black Bezel" refers to the surrounding area of the headlight (Panda eyes) - not the glass.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if I posted this previously in this thread -

Australian 2023 MY24 Mustang Allocations – Aug 2023 (Round One) (as at 05/08/23)

These are (were) estimated to be built in Oct-Nov for delivery Q1 2024. (Nb. Round 2 Allocations Scheduled Nov 2023)
Total GT Fastback Allocations are only 20.33% more than the Dark Horse. 51.59% more GT Fastback Autos to DH Autos.

GT Fastback auto 526
GT Fastback manual 196
Total GT Fastback 722

Dark Horse
Auto 347 (179 Less than GT)
Dark Horse Manual 253 (57 More than GT)
Total Dark Horse 600

GT convertible 95
Ecoboost auto 106

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some speculation on the above post: Ford Australia's MY24 Mustang Schedule has apparently been pushed back around three months, flowing from a similar delay in initial US S650 Production to allow major Quality Control Upgrades.

First Dealer Allocations were due in August (although some Dealers have still to receive them) with Oct-Nov Builds. The second round was due in November, with Jan-Feb Builds. However as FoA are waiting for ADR / Homologation Compliance which have apparently been delayed until early Oct, these dates are bound to be pushed back.

My guess is we are probably now looking at Jan-Feb Build Dates if we are lucky, with April-May Delivery - at the earliest. I could be too pessimistic, however to coin a cliche', Time will Tell.
Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Last edited:

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
GT Fastback auto 526
GT Fastback manual 196
Total GT Fastback 722

Dark Horse
Auto 347 (179 Less than GT)
Dark Horse Manual 253 (57 More than GT)
Total Dark Horse 600

GT convertible 95
Ecoboost auto 106
Interesting that manual DHs are less than 1/2 the total orders. I would have thought that the manual trans would be a significant reason for folks to get a DH. Even for the collectors I would think that a manual would be more desirable.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
My guess is we are probably now looking at Jan-Feb Build Dates if we are lucky, with April-May Delivery - at the earliest. I could be too pessimistic, however to coin a cliche', Time will Tell.
Anyone else with thoughts on this?
Agree with you - cannot envisage production starting before Feb - hence not planning on having my DH manual before April.
Interesting about the allocations. Wonder if they'll call this MY24.5 or something like that.
Sponsored