• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
thanks i havent seen those two videos. will give them a look.

For sure, if there is a bit more then there is a bit more. For me, to jump across would be purely for the tremec, as i think 480hp-500hp is a bit of 'do i feel 20hp on a 500hp car. maybe.
But i understand the sentiment. Its like the Bullit, not really different to GT, id say these are more like teh MACH 1 but def would have got a bullit over a std GT if pricing was close! lol
Totally agree. The DH is the new Mach1. Its more track focused. Not that I'm going to be taking mine to the track on a regular basis or going to be drag racing it either. We buy these things for the emotions it stirs up. So yeah I'm not going to feel the 20HP. I also ordered mine with the Tremec because its an awesome gearbox and its more fun. Sure its slower than the auto! I dont give a flying F^$% because I'm not going to enter any racing competitions with it. Its just supposed to be my fun toy hehe.

The other things I like about the DH is that its a little more unique. The Blue Ember that is unique to the DH, the dark accents inside with the blue stitching. All these make it a bit more special and less common in my eyes which I like. But hey, if Ford prices the DH insanely high, I will be very very happy with a GT as well.
Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I saw that this morning. To be fair he just could not get that thing to hook. Some PS4S's with bigger tyres should sort some of that. I think that is a base car so it has skinny tyres on the rear.
But for sure, if you care about drag times or 0-100 times, the manual is not for you, get an auto. Stangmode got a 3.9s with the 10-speed in a performance pack GT in one of his videos.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
oof... that is a bit slow. mid 5s... those are pretty skinny tyres for 480hp lol.
I got 5.2s as quickest with my old ecoboost with mild tune with MT82.
Managed 5.2 when i changed to mph, because red line was 60mph and not 62mph! so when i was in km/h my 0-100 was 5.9 hahaha
Sticky tires will get you extra half a second, that's about it for the base GT manual.
I had Pzero 255s on that.
I think MPS4S will make a huge difference

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
CJs published this 4 hours ago, and it takes a look at their GT Premium.

I seriously hope we do NOT get these fugly bright wheels. 🤮
(It also becomes a preview of MagneRide equiped vehicles reportedly coming with mandatory red Brembos.)

Although this might shut some of you blokes up, who are sick of the black wheels? :cwl:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I saw that this morning. To be fair he just could not get that thing to hook. Some PS4S's with bigger tyres should sort some of that. I think that is a base car so it has skinny tyres on the rear.
But for sure, if you care about drag times or 0-100 times, the manual is not for you, get an auto. Stangmode got a 3.9s with the 10-speed in a performance pack GT in one of his videos.
3.9s - Remember this?

Faster Than You Can Read This Headline: New (FN) Mustang GT Can Go 0-To-60 Mph In Less Than Four Seconds
Faster Than You Can Read This Headline: New Mustang GT Can Go 0-to-60 MPH in Less Than Four Seconds | Ford Media Center

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Auto and wider sticky tires easy haha!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet

This doesnt look to bad for a manual car. Pretty repeatable as well. If you look at the screenshot of the Dragy, the 1 foot which most publications use these days was 4.1s.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Love the DH wheels - not a fan of most Ford standard options.
Guess we won’t be able to specify these for our base GT in Oz.
What is closest lookalike aftermarket locally?
Thx
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule IMG_3709

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJs published this 4 hours ago, and it takes a look at their GT Premium.

I seriously hope we do NOT get these fugly bright wheels. 🤮
(It also becomes a preview of MagneRide equiped vehicles reportedly coming with mandatory red Brembos.)

Although this might shut some of you blokes up, who are sick of the black wheels? :cwl:
Generally dislike black wheels cos they remind me of my povo teenage years and black widows on my lowered FJ.

Both my 17 and 20 GTs run Ford forged alloys.
Those on the Vapor are way too blingy.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the DH wheels - not a fan of most Ford standard options.
Guess we won’t be able to specify these for our base GT in Oz.
What is closest lookalike aftermarket locally?
Thx
IMG_3709.png
With Aftermarket Mustang GT Wheels, you need to match the wide OFFETS Front 9" (minimum) -ET= +45mm, & Rear 9.5" (Minimum), ET =+52.5mm.

Last edited:

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m guessing original DH wheels won’t fit a standard GT

PP2 wheels wouldn’t fit FN

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
This latest scheduling information posted elsewhere, although for the US market, suggests (or confirms!) that Aussie Dark Horses will not get the Handling Pack goodies. Interesting that 67P includes MagneRide which is not constrained with the GT (albeit with different firmware).

Perhaps it's the adjustable struts that are holding things up there?

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.PNG

The only other scenario is our Dark Horses won't be produced ~ November (as expected ?) and therefore not arriving with the GTs end of Q1.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG PRODUCTION Update - (And some basic Speculation)

Finally Mustang S650 production is finally showing signs of ramping up, after over three frustrating months of delays (April to July) flowing from an unscheduled major Quality Control Restructure and Upgrade at Flat Rock.

" Mustang production at the Flat Rock Assembly plant ramped up in the month of July, reaching 4,349 units. However, things really began to pick up in August, according to the automaker’s most recent sales report.
Last month (August), The Blue Oval produced a grand total of 7,933 2024 Ford Mustang models, which is a month-over-month increase of 3,584 units, or around 82 percent. "

Some Aust' Build Date Wild Speculation:

At this stage, our Australian Build Dates are for still scheduled for October-November (according to FoA Vista), however this is looking very unlikely, as the FoA Schedule has been seriously derailed and pushed back about 2-3 Months due to initial US Production Delays, which in turn have delayed ADR / Homologation Certification. As such It would be highly unlikely if Ford could get Production Specification Configuration Planning and Scheduling underway for our RHD cars (let alone actual Production) until well after the ADR / Homologation is Certified in Aust', which is apparently also not expected until early Oct.

Therefore if our Australian Production is delayed by the same three months as the US Market cars, our cars will probably be mostly pushed back to 2024 / 60 Year Builds. Time will tell.

2024 Ford Mustang Production Really Picked Up In August (fordauthority.com)

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I agree. Can't see anything built before Jan/Feb. Which means May 2024 deliveries.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
This latest scheduling information posted elsewhere, although for the US market, suggests (or confirms!) that Aussie Dark Horses will not get the Handling Pack goodies. Interesting that 67P includes MagneRide which is not constrained with the GT (albeit with different firmware).

Perhaps it's the adjustable struts that are holding things up there?

Capture.JPG

Capture.PNG

The only other scenario is our Dark Horses won't be produced ~ November (as expected ?) and therefore not arriving with the GTs end of Q1.
Also suggests that there will be delays for anyone wanting the Nite Pony/Black Pack on their GT due to black roof availability and "Dealers should consider removing this option". This could be a game changer for me.
Sponsored