• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Strange how many mixed messages each dealer is giving people regarding orders. In theory; the official line is “there is no real info, still just need to wait”

so hearing some people getting different advice; my dealer is sticking to the “we have no idea about our allocations so can’t give you any concrete statements”

all I asked is; will they allocate stock based on the date people placed an order. Which I was told yes (and that just about every sale person had placed an order for a dark horse so unlikely for anyone off the street to get 1 in the first round of stock.
It seems FoA have been late getting all the planned August Allocations out, and frustratingly restrained with information to both Dealers and the public on the MY24.

As of a week ago, my Dealer was still awaiting Allocations, so its a case of first in the que.

As most dealers are way oversubscribed for the Dark Horse, there will be a lot of unhappy campers, however if FoA Overprice it many will drop off the list (the US D.H. is only a US$1,400 price increase over the previous Mach-1, and the similarly configured MY24 GT is only US$150 increase on the MY23).

No doubt as you indicate, the chance of walking in off the street for a Dark Horse will be zero.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding Dealer Allocations and Delays, the Second round of Allocations was scheduled for November, but don't be surprised if it is December or January, as Features and Spec' ADR Homologation and Pricing, have been pushed back over a month, which will probably cause a Domino-Effect of delays.

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Regarding Dealer Allocations and Delays, the Second round of Allocations was scheduled for November, but don't be surprised if it is December or January, as Features and Spec' ADR Homologation and Pricing, have been pushed back over a month, which will probably cause a Domino-Effect of delays.
My dealer hasn’t even mentioned anything about first round. As they don’t want to report anything until they have actual numbers and pricing

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer hasn’t even mentioned anything about first round. As they don’t want to report anything until they have actual numbers and pricing
Harder for ethical Dealers to function and give accurate advice if they do not have a firm Time-Line Schedule and Information - which keeps getting delayed anyway.

Brumby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered S650 GT Manual Vapor Blue, Magneride
Congratulations! It will be well worth the 50.5+ years wait!

I got sick of waiting for Pricing & Specs too (although I made the contract Subject to Acceptable Pricing, Features & Specs). So it was Gateway Ford Wollongong ?

Just curious, did the Red Brembos come standard with the Magneride?
Hey Steve,
Yeah Tom is looking after me over there. Also contract subject to pricing.
I basically told him that I wanted Magneride and said it came with red Brembos. (as mentioned by Frostee earlier in this thread).

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Strange how many mixed messages each dealer is giving people regarding orders. In theory; the official line is “there is no real info, still just need to wait”

so hearing some people getting different advice; my dealer is sticking to the “we have no idea about our allocations so can’t give you any concrete statements”
Yes, this has been very noticable over the last 6 months or so, and quite baffling.

I think (?) some dealers might have mates at FoA HQ (or further up the food chain) and "get the goss", which they pass onto potential customers, which then becomes folk lore.
Not saying we aren't appreciative of the slow drip of news, because we are.

If I was Joe Average and buying something mundane like a Corolla etc, you would probably just accept the wait, and be done with it knowing the bland-mobile will get here one day.

But this is different.
My partner doesn't understand why I want to watch new Mustang videos on Youtube every other day. Just as well the VHS tape days are gone... I'd have worn out the first drive reviews, and there'd be no oxide left on the tape. But she thinks all beer tastes the same, so there you go!

With apologies to Joe, waiting for his new Corolla.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Steve,
Yeah Tom is looking after me over there. Also contract subject to pricing.
I basically told him that I wanted Magneride and said it came with red Brembos. (as mentioned by Frostee earlier in this thread).
Hi Brumby5.0,

Small World ! Also dealing with Tom, emailed him to add Magneride last week (Hopefully the Red Brembos are inclusive), but will call in this PM to confirm.

Cheers
Steve S

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No great loss if we don't get the drift brake... unless you have more money than sense.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Red Bremen’s are listed as mandatory in the Ford order system when Magneride is optioned.
No great loss if we don't get the drift brake... unless you have more money than sense.
Agreed

Mind you I will be getting rid of the P Zero's, but hopefully able to get some money for them.

I had P Zero's on my FM and they were just terrible. I had occasions where you would swear I was trying to drift! The Pilot Sport 4's are chalk and cheese, the car drives and feels so much better.

I was saddened to see they're using the P Zero's again and expect it's all about using whatever Ford can get the best deal on.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Bremen’s are listed as mandatory in the Ford order system when Magneride is optioned.

Agreed

Mind you I will be getting rid of the P Zero's, but hopefully able to get some money for them.

I had P Zero's on my FM and they were just terrible. I had occasions where you would swear I was trying to drift! The Pilot Sport 4's are chalk and cheese, the car drives and feels so much better.

I was saddened to see they're using the P Zero's again and expect it's all about using whatever Ford can get the best deal on.
Agreed 100% the P-Zeros are absolutely hopeless!

I wrote this yesterday elsewhere: " What I would like is a continuation of the Michelin PS4s Tyres, but as the host US car has reverted to the crap (even dangerous) Pirelli P Zero tyres, sadly that is highly unlikely. It means I am up for over $2K for decent tyres from day one."

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
The unexpected drifting was always sure to make any drive on a cold morning a bit too exciting.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
My dealer is straight up saying there is no news at all and will let me know as soon as there is a peep...
The DH reviews so far, dyno's don't look that promising compared to the GT's... same if not lower? But some of the guys are thinking the DH might open up a bit more after 1000kms or so. Will see. Really, if i was in market for either it would be going DH because of the Tremec. If it was just a manual car, GT with brembo and magnaride is close enough especially if the engine is the same actual output.

I'm refreshing youtube for new S650 reviews every day. pretty slow compared to S550's... content creators moved onto other platforms or just not diff enough? hmmm... But either way, stangmode is getting most of my attention haha

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
My dealer is straight up saying there is no news at all and will let me know as soon as there is a peep...
The DH reviews so far, dyno's don't look that promising compared to the GT's... same if not lower? But some of the guys are thinking the DH might open up a bit more after 1000kms or so. Will see. Really, if i was in market for either it would be going DH because of the Tremec. If it was just a manual car, GT with brembo and magnaride is close enough especially if the engine is the same actual output.

I'm refreshing youtube for new S650 reviews every day. pretty slow compared to S550's... content creators moved onto other platforms or just not diff enough? hmmm... But either way, stangmode is getting most of my attention haha
Hhhmm, not sure I got the same impression, and I'm refreshing daily as well to see and read everything I can get my hands on. The Dark Horses are looking pretty strong from what I've seen and the cars arent even properly broken in yet. Most dyno's do seem to indicate that the DH is making 500HP at the crank as Ford says it does, maybe even more.

DH Dyno

Gen 4 also seem to made a reasonable difference over Gen 3.

Also interesting to see people gaining something like 15-20 HP by removing the carbon traps.

Motortrend released an interesting review on the DH:
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-first-test-review/
"The extra 14 horses stampeding through the 10-speed automatic to the rear tires send the Dark Horse to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and on through the quarter mile in 12.0 seconds."
That was probably on a prepped surface, but those are impressive numbers. I think Stangmode did a 3.9s in a GT which is on video as well. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I see so far.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.PNG

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Hhhmm, not sure I got the same impression, and I'm refreshing daily as well to see and read everything I can get my hands on. The Dark Horses are looking pretty strong from what I've seen and the cars arent even properly broken in yet. Most dyno's do seem to indicate that the DH is making 500HP at the crank as Ford says it does, maybe even more.

DH Dyno

Gen 4 also seem to made a reasonable difference over Gen 3.

Also interesting to see people gaining something like 15-20 HP by removing the carbon traps.

Motortrend released an interesting review on the DH:
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-first-test-review/
"The extra 14 horses stampeding through the 10-speed automatic to the rear tires send the Dark Horse to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and on through the quarter mile in 12.0 seconds."
That was probably on a prepped surface, but those are impressive numbers. I think Stangmode did a 3.9s in a GT which is on video as well. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I see so far.
thanks i havent seen those two videos. will give them a look.

For sure, if there is a bit more then there is a bit more. For me, to jump across would be purely for the tremec, as i think 480hp-500hp is a bit of 'do i feel 20hp on a 500hp car. maybe.
But i understand the sentiment. Its like the Bullit, not really different to GT, id say these are more like teh MACH 1 but def would have got a bullit over a std GT if pricing was close! lol
Sponsored