• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
This recently issued official doc' might help dispel or support some "unsubstantiated Rumors" -

Firstly, we should be getting official Product and Pricing Info' from Ford Au sometime in the next 3 months.

It would appear the previously forecast first delivery date update, which had been brought forward, has now been pushed back, with FIRST DELIVERIES Scheduled for Q1 2024.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 2024 Mustang Au TIMING  UPDATE 29mar23
Sponsored

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Would it be reasonable to assume that RHD Mustangs bound for AU would be in Job #2?
Or at the tail end of Job #1?

I believe the MY is split into two Jobs so that tweaks and changes can be implemented before waiting for the next MY to roll around.

I'm quite happy to a wait a little bit for any initial teething issues during Job #1 to be sorted.

Did I read somewhere that MY24 is running 18 months, so Job #2 may not start until Jan 2024?
If the "Q1 arrival" is to be believed, then we could be at the tail end of Job #1. :crying:

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would it be reasonable to assume that RHD Mustangs bound for AU would be in Job #2?
Or at the tail end of Job #1?

I believe the MY is split into two Jobs so that tweaks and changes can be implemented before waiting for the next MY to roll around.

I'm quite happy to a wait a little bit for any initial teething issues during Job #1 to be sorted.

Did I read somewhere that MY24 is running 18 months, so Job #2 may not start until Jan 2024?
If the "Q1 arrival" is to be believed, then we could be at the tail end of Job #1. :crying:
Yes the RHD "Export" Production usually starts 6-8 weeks after the start of Job#1, however greater delays are possible (or probable!) given the recent supply chain issues etc. My understanding is the the RHD cars are built in dedicated Batches on the Production Line, which would presumably temporally stall LHD Production, however I could be wrong, with integrated production.

I would also prefer the second batch, bug free!

MY24 Job # 1 for US Market LHD cars has been pushed back (again) another week to 24/04/23

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1681284375096

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something doesn't add up!

Yes the RHD "Export" Production usually starts 6-8 weeks after the start of Job#1, however greater delays are possible (or probable!) given the recent supply chain issues etc.

Pricing should be released on or around 23rd June 2023
That's 8 (and a bit) weeks after Job #1 start.
Pricing and specs (to create proper orders) would obviously have to be released weeks before production starts so dealers can take/confirm existing customer requests.
You can't start production without real orders, unless the factory is producing some early factory defined stock for dealers, and then making customer orders? Like what's happening with the US.

So, production either starts later than 6-8 weeks -or- pricing/specs are released well before 23-06-2023. Or a bit of both?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it seems the most recently delayed (LHD) 2024 Mustang Production Start date of 01/05 (02/05/23 our time) was a little optimistic.....yet again.

So Near and yet so Far.......Just when you think something is finally happening Re the elusive start of 2024 Mustang Production..........back another month or more!

Thanks to IceCepades today:

"Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the most recent scheduling and production information for the 2024MY Mustang.

27/03/2023 - 2024MY Order Bank Open Date
09/02/2023 - 2024MY Scheduling Begins
TBD - 2024MY Job #1 Date
NOTE: The 2024MY Job #1 Date is expected to be between June 5th and June 26th. "

All dates are subject to change.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford have recently made a major strategic focus on dramatically improving QUALITY CONTROL, so the frustrating Mustang production delays are probably a good sign - and fair to assume they are the result of Ford Fine-Tuning Quality Control issues before releasing them onto the market.

Ford CEO Says Initial Quality Will Be First Progress Metric (fordauthority.com)
"Ford has placed a newfound focus on improving that metric, bringing in talent such as Josh Halliburton ā€“ the automakerā€™s new executive director of quality ā€“ who says that these problems will begin to subside in the coming months. In the meantime, Ford CEO Jim Farley believes that improving initial quality will be the first progress metric for the company.

ā€œAnd on warranty, weā€™ll see it in initial quality. And then obviously, the warranty cost to be lagging, but youā€™ll see very quick progress on initial quality. Thatā€™s where itā€™s going to ā€“ our fitness there will show up there first,ā€ the Ford CEO said while speaking at the 2023 Wolfe Research Global Auto, Auto Tech, and Mobility Conference.

To date, Farley has taken a much more pessimistic view of Fordā€™s quality problems than Halliburton, noting that he believes it will take ā€œyearsā€ to correct those issues. The automaker is focusing on making improvements in some key areas in an effort to right the ship ā€“ improving engineering robustness, reducing complexity, thoroughly testing new vehicles prior to launches, fixing software bugs, elevating supplier quality standards, reducing the number of defects it experiences at its plants, and improving communications with customers regarding recalls."

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pricing should be released on or around 23rd June 2023
I can't help, but count the days down! :clock:
18 days... if this is true.

Deposit paid 8 months ago already.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
8 months phhtt :) I've had a deposit down for mustang nearly 2 years to the day, they couldn't deliver a 22 or 23 in Perth (didnt want a dealer used with the huge markup) so I've been waiting ever since :( so I feel your pain.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
8 months phhtt :) I've had a deposit down for mustang nearly 2 years to the day, they couldn't deliver a 22 or 23 in Perth (didnt want a dealer used with the huge markup) so I've been waiting ever since :( so I feel your pain.
Same, initially ordered January 2022. Missed out on a S550, hopefully will get a S650 Q1 2024 if the current info is correct.

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
I can't help, but count the days down! :clock:
18 days... if this is true.

Does anyone whoā€™s been there and done that with Ford before know if weā€™ll need to lock in spec for orders once the pricing is announced?

I was going to get Blue Ember but the more videos Iā€™ve seen of it outdoors Iā€™m kind of going off it and leaning towards Oxford White. Would be nice to see some cars in the metal before having to lock in a choice!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Does anyone whoā€™s been there and done that with Ford before know if weā€™ll need to lock in spec for orders once the pricing is announced?

I was going to get Blue Ember but the more videos Iā€™ve seen of it outdoors Iā€™m kind of going off it and leaning towards Oxford White. Would be nice to see some cars in the metal before having to lock in a choice!
I doubt you'll get the chance to see it in the metal unless you are willing to wait a really long time and possibly even miss out completely because the allocations will go pretty quick. I think they are all gone really. (For DH).
You can probably change colour up until the point where the VIn is allocated and they are making the car, but its not something I have done and I'd be scared to mess with the order just in case they bump the queue position or you end up losing out.
Sponsored

Reactions: JWM