• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
For those interested to know more about the Ford Performance Welcome Pack and how to get one once you have a vehicle/VIN, I found this very helpful post from "Aussie Flacon" over on another forum. Credit to him for posting this information.

More information about what the Ford Performance Club is and what the benefits are: https://www.ford.com.au/ford-performance-club/

"For those of you that haven't received their Ford Performance pack (Jacket, bag and letter) ask your dealer to register you on this page: https://www.fordperformanceclaim.com.au/ Mention your jacket size.

You should also register your details here if you have your VIN: https://www.fordperformanceclub.com.au/ and watch this welcome video: "
Sponsored

Last edited:

Masso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang sold awaiting S650
I pre-ordered in September 2022. I have a VIN but no email from Ford or the Ford Performance welcome pack. I just wish I could check the VIN like we could with the S550, it would at least give me something to work with, my dealer is not very proactive.

I'm at the point now where the whole thing is getting me quite depressed.
A not very proactive dealer? Surely not?
Back in April 24 I called in to the dealer (as I get nothing from them...) and the salesman told me my car (which incidentally i paid deposit for in Nov TWENTY TWO!) had been manufactured and is at the factory. Then he talked to the stock controller out the back... and returned saying "yours was a white GT with black pack?"
I said NO..and you should know...BECAUSE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AN INVOICE! (for a White GT with Recaro Seats and appearance pack) so he returned to the mysterious stock controller, and after 15 minutes said "apparently you cant have the appearance pack and Recaro Seats together"
SHEESH! "well you are the dealer!"
Anyway, yesterday I call in AGAIN (as i get nothing from them..yada..yada...) and they give me the screen shot
NSC Order Number
VIN Number
Segmentation Date 22 July 2024
ETA 15 NOV 2024

..and of course the Ford "Track my Car" thing doesnt work..

..but the order date 1s 17APR 2024 ! THE DAY I DROPPED IN TO ENQUIRE ON MY ORDER AND THEY SAID IT WAS BUILT! ... THEY HAD TO START AGAIN ON THE ORDER PROCESS!!

So if it makes you depressed... feel re-assured you are not on your own... If they worked for me when i had my business...they wouldnt work for me. But then again, they are only one step behind politicians! ..... absolute incompetence.......

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Back in April 24 I called in to the dealer (as I get nothing from them...) and the salesman told me my car (which incidentally i paid deposit for in Nov TWENTY TWO!) had been manufactured and is at the factory. Then he talked to the stock controller out the back... and returned saying "yours was a white GT with black pack?"
I said NO..and you should know...BECAUSE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AN INVOICE! (for a White GT with Recaro Seats and appearance pack) so he returned to the mysterious stock controller, and after 15 minutes said "apparently you cant have the appearance pack and Recaro Seats together"
Anyway, yesterday I call in AGAIN (as i get nothing from them..yada..yada...) and they give me the screen shot
NSC Order Number
VIN Number
ETA 15 NOV 2024

..but the order date 1s 17APR 2024 ! THE DAY I DROPPED IN TO ENQUIRE ON MY ORDER AND THEY SAID IT WAS BUILT! ... THEY HAD TO START AGAIN ON THE ORDER PROCESS!!

So if it makes you depressed... feel re-assured you are not on your own... If they worked for me when i had my business...they wouldnt work for me. But then again, they are only one step behind politicians! ..... absolute incompetence.......
I'm so sorry to read that, its something I have been wondering about for my situation as well. Having said that, I had an allocation confirmation in early 2023, a NSC by mid 2023, my build was apparently scheduled for October last year, we all know the story from then on. I did get my VIN back in Feb 2024.

I'm just sick of the mind fu.k!

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
NSC Order Number
VIN Number
ETA 15 NOV 2024

Are you sure you want the Recaros? I would take the White GT with Black pack . If you intend to track the car maybe Recaros. For everyday driver standard seats may be the go. Some reports of Recaro bolsters getting in the way of elbows for some drivers , could be annoying for daily driving. Also with black pack you get those nice dark headlight binnacles (like darkhorse) Maybe take the already built car if still available. Good luck.

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
I'm so sorry to read that, its something I have been wondering about for my situation as well. Having said that, I had an allocation confirmation in early 2023, a NSC by mid 2023, my build was apparently scheduled for October last year, we all know the story from then on. I did get my VIN back in Feb 2024.

I'm just sick of the mind fu.k!
Do you still have the same VIN as back in Feb? I had a VIN in Jan but the last update in March had the VIN blank. Same NSC for both.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Are you sure you want the Recaros? I would take the White GT with Black pack . If you intend to track the car maybe Recaros. For everyday driver standard seats may be the go. Some reports of Recaro bolsters getting in the way of elbows for some drivers , could be annoying for daily driving. Also with black pack you get those nice dark headlight binnacles (like darkhorse) Maybe take the already built car if still available. Good luck.
Agreed - all depends on how you want to use the car

mine’s a daily driver so heated and cooled seats and easier entry and exit etc are priories. Recaros aren’t intended for a daily drive, unless you’re in race car driver cosplay when you drive it as a daily driver.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Agreed - all depends on how you want to use the car

mine’s a daily driver so heated and cooled seats and easier entry and exit etc are priories. Recaros aren’t intended for a daily drive, unless you’re in race car driver cosplay when you drive it as a daily driver.
To be honest, 90% of the reason I chose Recaros for mine is that I love the way they look. They make the car look much more sporty in my opinion . I've heard they can be a bit tight for very big people which luckily I'm not. Heating and cooling doesn't matter that much to me cause I don't have that in my current car and I'll be fine with just the AC.
Granted mine will be a weekend fun car with very little daily duties. That's also why I went with the manual transmission. Also I couldn't pass on the Tremec in the Dark Horse. I might take mine on the track once or twice, but that won't happen much. More often than not it will be driven from the garage out onto the driveway, washed, pampered, stared at, drooled over, driven back into the garage. 😁
Another reason I like the Recaros are that they're manual. Much easier and faster to move the seat forward and backwards to vacuum and detail the interior.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 2nd Nov 2024
I optioned the black pack and magneride over the seats, just a preference. Mine will be a daily driver (and is also a manual). I try not to eat burgers while driving so I should have a hand free to change gears.

I wish we could get the US Performance pack wheels though, I would've taken those over Magneride.

Not sure why you can't have the Recaros with the appearance pack its not like a spoiler and stripes get in the way of the seats.

86RIOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT
I've noticed that recaro option is a debated topic. I options them into my GT I have on order, that will be used for daily tasks.

I'm little lad all of 5f7 and 75kg. I'm coming from a modified Abarth Spider, and that's a tiny space to be in.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I optioned the black pack and magneride over the seats, just a preference. Mine will be a daily driver (and is also a manual). I try not to eat burgers while driving so I should have a hand free to change gears.

I wish we could get the US Performance pack wheels though, I would've taken those over Magneride.

Not sure why you can't have the Recaros with the appearance pack its not like a spoiler and stripes get in the way of the seats.
This is why I was very happy when I got a Dark Horse allocation and could cancel my parallel GT order. On the DH I could end up with the appearance package, spoiler, Magneride, Recaros, and wheels I'm happy with, without having to sacrifice one thing to get another thing . I don't know what Ford was thinking with those options clashing on the GT's.

Lightning17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is why I was very happy when I got a Dark Horse allocation and could cancel my parallel GT order. On the DH I could end up with the appearance package, spoiler, Magneride, Recaros, and wheels I'm happy with, without having to sacrifice one thing to get another thing . I don't know what Ford was thinking with those options clashing on the GT's.
They’re thinking nothing that’s the problem. Like I wanted red brake calipers but can’t get that as a stand alone option.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged Toyota 86, Audi RS5
I have the exact same car on order as you! What are we missing out from, compared to the handling pack they get in the US for the Dark Horse?

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I have the exact same car on order as you! What are we missing out from, compared to the handling pack they get in the US for the Dark Horse?
Essentially the handling package (not available in Australia) on the DH would give you:
-19" x 10.5" (F) and 19" x 11" (R) Tarnished Dark-Painted Aluminum Wheels With 305/30R19 (F) and 315/30R19 (R) Tires
-Factory-Installed Adjustable Strut Top Mounts
-Performance Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap — Painted Shadow Black
-Different more aggressive tuning for Magneride

Personally I would have loved the bigger wheels, although not the Trofeo RS tyres which are very very soft and most people wear them out in like 5000km.
Sponsored