• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Last edited:

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
Yes, there will be plenty of Cancelled Orders with disappointing Pricing and Specs. Ars**oles ? We have not seen the email - we only have a disgruntled interpretation.
Yep, fair enough. There will be cancelled orders for the Dark Horse, no doubt, but I think most dealers have a sufficiently long enough waiting list to move buyers up. And a lot of those lost DH orders will convert to GT’s. History has shown the first year of new sports car sales are the strongest and then they taper. I don’t think the S650 will be any different.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
The whole Ford Pass Modem thing is pretty vague.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule FordPass.JPG

https://www.ford.com.au/support/how...o-i-activate-my-modem-to-use-the-fordpass-app

For it to be a true self-contained modem it would need a SIM card and a data plan from a service provider.
(Think of it as a mobile phone without a screen, making data connections as required in the background.)

Or, it relies on a nearby WiFi or BlueTooth Access Point - your phone?

Neither of which are mentioned.

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
The whole Ford Pass Modem thing is pretty vague.

FordPass.JPG

https://www.ford.com.au/support/how...o-i-activate-my-modem-to-use-the-fordpass-app

For it to be a true self-contained modem it would need a SIM card and a data plan from a service provider.
(Think of it as a mobile phone without a screen, making data connections as required in the background.)

Or, it relies on a nearby WiFi or BlueTooth Access Point - your phone?

Neither of which are mentioned.
It has a SIM card. Ford pays the provider for x number of years.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also hope that red Start/Stop Button will be reversed and shifted to right like the previous FM & FN - on a $90,000 car !!!!

1700260708821.png
We have ~six months to over-think this stuff!

Volume on the RHS actually works better, IMO.
You start the car once at the beginning of the trip, but may adjust the volume control many times during that trip, so closer is better? :idea:

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Is everyone else's dealers predicting a June July delivery now? Thats what i initially thought when my dealer said March delivery lol...

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is everyone else's dealers predicting a June July delivery now? Thats what i initially thought when my dealer said March delivery lol...
What is your segmentation date?

I've been quoted a Jan 15 Segmentation and "estimated arrival 28/05/24", and I'm in the first allocation. No update to that thus far.

Moving forward, I think it's helpful if posters can mention as much detail as possible, otherwise information becomes a mess.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Hi there,

How do obtain these information. I used it once back in 2022 but forgot how to access the site for these changes.

Thank you
US 2024 Mustang Dealer ORDER GUIDE V.Aug 2023 (08/01/23)

(60) Latest 2024 Mustang Order Guide and Price List (w/ MSRP & Invoice)! | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)

Ford US 2024 Mustang Press Release 2024 Mustang | Ford Media Center
Ford Aust' 2024 Mustang Press Release Ford Australia Confirms Pricing and Specifications for Seventh-Generation Mustang | Australia | Ford Media Center

2024 Brochure & Full SPECS (AU) 2024MY Mustang Brochure.pdf (ford.com.au)
24 Mustang SPECS Ford Au Ford Mustang Model Details and Specs | Ford Australia

Last edited:

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
What is your segmentation date?

I've been quoted a Jan 15 Segmentation and "estimated arrival 28/05/24", and I'm in the first allocation. No update to that thus far.

Moving forward, I think it's helpful if posters can mention as much detail as possible, otherwise information becomes a mess.
Yeah will do, i haven't been given one but just emailed dealer to provide so we can see.
You are right, if my segmentation date is significantly after yours then it may cause concern where there needn't be any.

IIIdtpIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting MY24.5 DH, Auto, Blue Ember, Recaro
Great news.
If you have a stock control code, you'll have a VIN.
Double check what they have ordered for you is actually what you want.
My first dealer I referred to did not include MagneRide for whatever reason, despite wanting this since day 1. Their solution was for me to wait for the second allocation.
Nope!
Luckily dealer #2 got it right, so it was a no brainer to go with them.
Always cover your bases!
I have a stock control code but haven't got a VIN yet. Is it normal?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a stock control code but haven't got a VIN yet. Is it normal?
Define "normal" !!! :giggle:

I was on the wait list with two dealers, since Oct 2022.

Dealer #1 gave me a stock code late July, no VIN.
There was no VIN on the contract a few weeks ago.

Dealer #2 never gave a stock code but gave me a VIN early October, and I only saw the stock code when I signed the contract a few weeks ago. Jan 15 segmentation date (for now!).

Note that the stock code is sometimes referred to as a NSC number, but on the contract it's referred to as the "Factory Order Number". All the same thing. That 4 character code means you've been allocated a car.

Ask your dealer's Sales Manager for the segmentation date. If they haven't been advised of that yet, I'd wager you're in the second allocation, which I think is only ~2 months behind our first allocation.

Frustratingly, all our experiences seem to be different, which I can't fathom how that's possible.

IIIdtpIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting MY24.5 DH, Auto, Blue Ember, Recaro
Define "normal" !!! :giggle:

I was on the wait list with two dealers, since Oct 2022.

Dealer #1 gave me a stock code late July, no VIN.
There was no VIN on the contract a few weeks ago.

Dealer #2 never gave a stock code but gave me a VIN early October, and I only saw the stock code when I signed the contract a few weeks ago. Jan 15 segmentation date (for now!).

Note that the stock code is sometimes referred to as a NSC number, but on the contract it's referred to as the "Factory Order Number". All the same thing. That 4 character code means you've been allocated a car.

Ask your dealer's Sales Manager for the segmentation date. If they haven't been advised of that yet, I'd wager you're in the second allocation, which I think is only ~2 months behind our first allocation.

Frustratingly, all our experiences seem to be different, which I can't fathom how that's possible.
I was on the waiting list since Sep 2022. Yes, I have the segmentation date. It is on 19 Jan. ETA June 24, but not VIN number. Already signed the contract.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
I've already ordered the steeda kit for the regular GT lol...
Steeda progressive springs, camber tops, rear bushings and H pipe lol

I just wish they gave us the damn tremec :/
Is the Tremec a straight swap? Checked it out a few months ago and think it's like $10k plus installation costs.
Sponsored