• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
nice clips and sound (he left it in track mode)! but sound exactly like our gen VI 😎. Who knows might not be as loud as the US version but still pretty good.

didn't understand anything from the italian guy 😁, but he had the press car with that strange plate. The second clip is the same guy on page 1, with the "super" lip spoiler...

Last edited:

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Seems like we’re also getting a soft limiter in Europe. :(
You mean the ISA which beeps if you are above the speed limit? That one can be turned off in the settings but I think you need to do it at every single start. We'll habe to check if the disabling is permanent or reset after every start.

Aiiress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse EU Spec
You mean the ISA which beeps if you are above the speed limit? That one can be turned off in the settings but I think you need to do it at every single start. We'll habe to check if the disabling is permanent or reset after every start.
No i was talking about a rev limiter when you rev the car in standstill! ;)

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
a German review of the EU GT, same colour as Ace's test driving car:

also at 11:50 regarding the speeding beep with the ISA feature, you can turn it off in the menu but also with a long press on the lower left button on the steering wheel. Really cool shortcut from Ford to avoid fumbling in the menus.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford should discount the price to cover the lost power. No fun getting stomped by homeland bimmers. Hopefully it sells well. The Germans love Mustangs.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I test drove and filmed a review of the EU Dark Horse today. Don't mind the Steeda stickers, it's still stock but will undergo the full Q767 tuning in next week.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang and Dark Horse Officially Launches in Europe! 1717446802203-l8

You can really feel the step up from the GT. It's a bit more stiff for cornering, but keeps the same amount of general softness. Even in track mode you won't have a harsh ride which to some sporty drivers might result in missing feedback from the road.

The sound of the DH is so much better than the GT. The GT already sounds good, but the DH is just way louder and giving you way more V8 rumble. In the papers it's homologated with 88db noise when standing and 72db for driving, but this might be some ususal noise measurement situational stuff because the car is way louder.

Since the car was already broke in I was able to really push it. And this is were I get to know a new side of the S650. A quite underwhelming one honestly. It felt like below 3k RPM the engine fell into a hole, where it just couldn't deliver power or like it was artifically tied for some regulation bs? Throwing the DH into corners is really fun and I had a great time, you really might not need more for cornering within legal limits. But you really have to keep it above like 75kph and high revs to feel the punch the car can deliver

Thankfully I finally found my dragy again (I thought I lost it somewhere) and was able to capture some 0-100kph runs (had a passenger on board). I really struggled with grip, even in Drag or Track mode the traction control kicked in every single upshift because the car spun the wheels. I'm pretty sure EU S550 let you let play around with the rear end when launching, EU S650 felt like it constantly intervened. So here are the results which were quite underwhelming honestly.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang and Dark Horse Officially Launches in Europe! 1717446798690-5e

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang and Dark Horse Officially Launches in Europe! 1717446791864-8b

I will be driving the manual version in the future too, looking forward to it if it behaves differently than what I felt with the AT.

Last edited:

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I test drove and filmed a review of the EU Dark Horse today. Don't mind the Steeda stickers, it's still stock but will undergo the full Q767 tuning in next week.
1717446802203-l8.jpg

You can really feel the step up from the GT. It's a bit more stiff for cornering, but keeps the same amount of general softness. Even in track mode you won't have a harsh ride which to some sporty drivers might result in missing feedback from the road.

The sound of the DH is so much better than the GT. The GT already sounds good, but the DH is just way louder and giving you way more V8 rumble. In the papers it's homologated with 88db noise when standing and 72db for driving, but this might be some ususal noise measurement situational stuff because the car is way louder.

Since the car was already broke in I was able to really push it. And this is were I get to know a new side of the S650. A quite underwhelming one honestly. It felt like below 3k RPM the engine fell into a hole, where it just couldn't deliver power or like it was artifically tied for some regulation bs? Throwing the DH into corners is really fun and I had a great time, you really might not need more for cornering within legal limits. But you really have to keep it above like 75kph and high revs to feel the punch the car can deliver

Thankfully I finally found my dragy again (I thought I lost it somewhere) and was able to capture some 0-100kph runs (had a passenger on board). I really struggled with grip, even in Drag or Track mode the traction control kicked in every single upshift because the car spun the wheels. I'm pretty sure EU S550 let you let play around with the rear end when launching, EU S650 felt like it constantly intervened. So here are the results which were quite underwhelming honestly.

1717446798690-5e.jpg

1717446791864-8b.jpg

I will be driving the manual version in the future too, looking forward to it if it behaves differently than what I felt with the AT.

Thanks for the review! Did you record a video like you did for the GT? I'm really happy to hear that the sound is different and louder than the GT, I just wonder how they managed to do it with all the regulations in place.

In any case the performances are just not there, 4.8 on slight downhill and 5.4 on the flat are simply terrible. And this is the 10 speeds auto, the 6 speeds manual is 0.8 seconds slower on paper, which means we're looking at more than 6 seconds to reach 100 km/h, which is honestly a joke.
Whatever.. it still looks great, sounds great and the tremec is fun as hell

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Thanks for the review! Did you record a video like you did for the GT? I'm really happy to hear that the sound is different and louder than the GT, I just wonder how they managed to do it with all the regulations in place.

In any case the performances are just not there, 4.8 on slight downhill and 5.4 on the flat are simply terrible. And this is the 10 speeds auto, the 6 speeds manual is 0.8 seconds slower on paper, which means we're looking at more than 6 seconds to reach 100 km/h, which is honestly a joke.
Whatever.. it still looks great, sounds great and the tremec is fun as hell
Yes, video is recorded, I will post the final video once I found the time to cut it

88db for the stationary test is loud ... It would of had to have been in default mode for that. How it then got 72 on the drive by is magic ...

The active exhaust would of worked better on the stationary test that the drive by for making it quieter.

72 was the drive by limit for new homologations it will drop to 70 next month but existing type approvals can carry on for a year. So unless Ford release a new variant they're ok to carry on
88db in the papers in actually not really loud. My Kia Proceed GT has 92db in the papers. If I remember correctly the 18 EU GT had 92db? EU 16 Camaro got 97db (ok the car is really loud from factory), but they programmed the car that is alwalys closed the valves at 50kmh where the driving noise measurement is done.
But of course live the DH sounds great and loud, especially if you know how silent modern BMW M or AMGs are. DH easily is the best sounding new car you can get the segment

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2011 Mustang GT, 2016 Mustang V6, DH ordered
A German's Perspective

Here is fun to watch an older YOUTUBE video by a German owner who loves the Mustang and what fun it is to drive in Europe. It is still #1 selling sports car with V8 engine in Europe.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It is still #1 selling sports car with V8 engine in Europe.
That's a quite strange selection. You can also say it's the best selling V8 under 100k€ here, because there is no other V8 under 100k€.