• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT?

Tim_CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hello All. This is Tim in Broomfield, Colorado. I just bought my first Mustang ever and I love it. Mostly. Other than not being able to afford the GT, the one thing I don't like is the lack of a subwoofer. I'm hoping you folks might help me shake out the riddle of how the audio is wired in my car.

I recall reading somewhere on the interwebs that the audio amplifier for the 2024 EcoBoost Premium Mustangs with the 9 speaker B&O system is in the rear passenger side of the car near where the subwoofer would've gone. I did some poking around (I didn't pull off the entire trunk panel) and found what looks like it could be an amp in this location. I took several pictures below.

Note that, despite my salesman telling me it did, my car did NOT come with a subwoofer. Assuming this is the amp, there's a terminated (cut) wire coming off this harness that would've been headed in the right direction for the subwoofer.

My goal is to add a subwoofer without doing any cutting or splicing. I'm fine replacing harnesses and/or extended terminated wiring. I'm also okay with OEM or aftermarket subwoofers.

As for my subwoofer "goals", I don't want anything crazy. Just enough to bring some fullness/crispness back to the poor stereo. I have a 12" kicker in another vehicle and it's too much for me.

I'm also working with Crutchfield but they seem to know very little about the 2024 mustangs.

So my questions are:

1 - Can someone confirm this indeed the amplifier for the stereo?
2 - Can anybody with a subwoofer confirm that the terminated wire in the pictures looks like it would've been the wire headed to the OEM subwoofer?
3 - Does anybody have links/information on adding a sub to the 2024s yet?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge!

Tim

S650 Mustang 2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT? 20240110_184542
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tim_CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody with an OEM subwoofer have pictures they can post of the wiring harness from the amp to the subwoofer? Preferably also showing part numbers of the wiring harnesses and the sub. Or has anybody seen similar pictures posted anywhere?

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I'm not sure about the amplifier location, but I have a nice woofer in the passenger side wall of the trunk...

OP
OP

Tim_CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure about the amplifier location, but I have a nice woofer in the passenger side wall of the trunk...
Thanks for the reply. What I need to know/see is how the subwoofer plugs into the amp that's mounted next to it in the wheel well.

On previous years of the car, the bottom blue harness on the car is what connected to the amp. The blue harness and what looks like the subwoofer wire already exists on my car, but the cable coming off it is cut. I'd need to find the appropriate harness to replace the cut one. Also on previous years, you had to replace a module "DSP" (amp) in the front passenger foot area. I'd also need to figure out whether or not my car already has the correct amp/dsp.

Tim

S650 Mustang 2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT? 20240125_083841

S650 Mustang 2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT? 20240125_083844

OP
OP

Tim_CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I finally found someone selling a new OEM 2024 subwoofer from a GT on eBay. The sale came with the carpet, the bracket, and all the bolts for $350 shipped. I snatched it up.

While I'm waiting for the sub to arrive, I pulled out the rear carpet and discovered there is indeed a green plug coming out of what I believe is the amp. See the attached images. Can anyone confirm for me whether or not this is the subwoofer input?

Assuming the unused plug is indeed for the subwoofer, what odds would you give that I plug it in and it just works? I'm crossing my fingers...

S650 Mustang 2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT? 20240414_132716

S650 Mustang 2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT? 20240414_132803

S650 Mustang 2024 Ecoboost Premium - Adding 2024 OEM Shaker Subwoofer from GT? 20240414_132824