• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to configure Sync4 NAV Home Address-2024 Mustang GT Premium

MyloTcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Just took delivery of my 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe. Tonight I was trying to enter my home address as my "Home" location. Can't seem to do it using the touch screen or the voice commands. I was able to do this in my 2023 Edge ST with Sync 4 using the touch screen buttons/options, but so far can't figure out how to do this in the Mustang. Searched the owners manual and the internet but came up empty. Will drive to dealership if necessary but thought maybe I could get an answer here.

Problem solved. I found an internet video for an F150 and it indicated the need to use the SEARCH function to access the HOME and WORK address feature. Using the SEARCH button in the Mustang allowed me to add HOME and WORK.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Just took delivery of my 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe. Tonight I was trying to enter my home address as my "Home" location. Can't seem to do it using the touch screen or the voice commands. I was able to do this in my 2023 Edge ST with Sync 4 using the touch screen buttons/options, but so far can't figure out how to do this in the Mustang. Searched the owners manual and the internet but came up empty. Will drive to dealership if necessary but thought maybe I could get an answer here.

Problem solved. I found an internet video for an F150 and it indicated the need to use the SEARCH function to access the HOME and WORK address feature. Using the SEARCH button in the Mustang allowed me to add HOME and WORK.
Glad you were able to solve the problem. Would be nice if you provided a link to the video if others may encounter same problem. Thanks.

OP
OP
MyloTcat

MyloTcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
This is rather long but the NAV part starts at about 13 min into the video.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

When did you retire from the navy? Our son was In the navy on the USS Enterprise

OP
OP
MyloTcat

MyloTcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
When did you retire from the navy? Our son was In the navy on the USS Enterprise
I did not retire from the Navy but left after one tour of duty. I was discharged 1-Dec-1975 (almost 50 years ago...yikes!). I take it your son might have been what the Navy calls an "airdale" since he served on board the Enterprise? I was an airdale with an aviation electronics/RADAR rating and was first trained on the F4 Phantom. Duty stations included instructor duty at NATTC Memphis, and NAS Oceana. Had orders to the Nimitz but got discharged instead.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I did not retire from the Navy but left after one tour of duty. I was discharged 1-Dec-1975 (almost 50 years ago...yikes!). I take it your son might have been what the Navy calls an "airdale" since he served on board the Enterprise? I was an airdale with an aviation electronics/RADAR rating and was first trained on the F4 Phantom. Duty stations included instructor duty at NATTC Memphis, and NAS Oceana. Had orders to the Nimitz but got discharged instead.
I don’t know, I have never heard that name before. He went in in 1997. Been out for a long time now

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Once you have set a "Home" location, you can say to voice assistant, "Take me home"

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just a suggestion that I was given years ago. Do not use your actual home address. If, god forbid, your car is stolen the thieves now know where you live. And if you have a programmed garage door…..we’ll you can see the issue.

OP
OP
MyloTcat

MyloTcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Just a suggestion that I was given years ago. Do not use your actual home address. If, god forbid, your car is stolen the thieves now know where you live. And if you have a programmed garage door…..we’ll you can see the issue.
WOW! That never occurred to me. Good suggestion.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
We usually end up canceling once we get into the neighborhood anyway. Corner of here and there 👍🏻

Phrawst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium DMG PP
Home in my current car is set to a police sub-station near my neighborhood. Directions to home gets me close enough I can navigate the rest of the way. If anyone steals the car and follows the directions, they can have the surprise.
Sponsored